• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Freeplay leaking an exploit that isn't his

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathieulh

Developer
Freeplay has been warned not to leak the Mercury exploit because the code simply isn't his, he abused fanjita's trust when fanjita gave freeplay an access to his svn server and freeplay tried every possible url variations until he found something. That something was the prometheus svn which had various exploits including the mercury one, all coded and ready for use. Basically Freeplay stole the exploit.
You can see him here: http://forums.mformature.net/showpost.php?p=96166&postcount=156 (screenshot saved to make sure he does not suddently edit his post)
admiting to this very fact.

You can also see my personal warning here http://forums.mformature.net/showpost.php?p=96121&postcount=141 posted long before Freeplay leaked the exploit. You will recognise the game I talk about is none other than Mercury.

Stealing is lame, leaking is even more, this is not the first time he leaks things he has been entrusted (though he did not even have any rights to have a hold, use or release this exploit in the first place since he stole it)

As I stated in mformature, the amount of work he provided to get it work is 0. Since the exploit was all ready to use and sources were provided in the prometheus svn content he stole.

Either way the developers' community has been warned and have removed him from whatever trusting list he might have been.

As a proof that I am not lying to you, or making this up, I will be now providing along this post the original mercury exploit and sources as they were in the original svn (after removing .svn folders for obvious reasons). Trust me, it saddens me to have to resort in doing so, unfortunately I do have no choice considering Freeplay leaked the game exploit to begin with.

Freeplay it seems was all about get fame from using work that is not his and this I cannot forgive. Hence I am informing the world of his evil deeds.

I would also like to add that releasing this exploit was pointless and as we have foretold, Sony removed the game from the playstation store less than one hour after it was announced, preventing anyone to purchase the game on the psp go (even if it was already patched in the 6.20 firmware) Rest assured that we also do have more user exploits (inside the svn (and I do hope Freeplay does not leak those out of fame either) as well as outside of it) but that unlike him we are not after fame and thus not wasting exploits like he does (especially as unlike him, we actually do find them on our own and not steal the work of others)

As its always been said, crime does not pay, and stealing sources as well as using the theft for your own profit is a crime whether you like it, or not.

P.S. The ifhandle kernel exploit provided in the supplied sources has been fixed since firmware 6.00 so there is no harm in supplying it along with the sources that were initially using it.

Gumshot

He did say the Exploit wasn't his right ?
but i agree with what u have said .
He should've asked if he could release it or not..

James.

User Not Found
And the plot thickens....

I did not see this coming

Maybe I should have read the original threads a bit more

MaTiAz

Contributor
Oh fuck, pretty sad to see it has come to this.

Anyway, Mathieulh, you got one thing wrong. FreePlay didn't have to guess any paths, it was all in plain sight. Even I could see the prometheus SVN, but I never chose to go explore it - I didn't have the permission, I knew nothing good would've come out of it. I just kept my mouth shut about it :p

And I always thought FreePlay wouldn't be stupid enough to release it... Oh well.

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
FreePlay said:
I never said I'd be releasing this exploit. Calm down.

Uhmm, I think he did.

====================================

On another note, it seems FP has possibly lost his rep, completely. Sorry to hear.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Uhmm, I think he did.

====================================

On another note, it seems FP has possibly lost his rep, completely. Sorry to hear.

Wrong. Noobs and pirates will love him.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

Mathieulh

Developer
Oh fuck, pretty sad to see it has come to this.

Anyway, Mathieulh, you got one thing wrong. FreePlay didn't have to guess any paths, it was all in plain sight. Even I could see the prometheus SVN, but I never chose to go explore it - I didn't have the permission, I knew nothing good would've come out of it. I just kept my mouth shut about it :p

And I always thought FreePlay wouldn't be stupid enough to release it... Oh well.

Well according to fanjita, he has logs of Freeplay trying tons of different urls in order to get access to different svn ressources, either way it was pretty obvious to anyone that this portion of the svn should have been off limits and not free to be grabbed. Fanjita screwed up with the svn permissions, it does not make it more right to grab the prometheus svn content. It is even less right to use its content even to make a lame youtube video in the first place and make it look like your own work. This is precisely what Freeplay did.

knyz

Well according to fanjita, he has logs of Freeplay trying tons of different urls in order to get access to different svn ressources, either way it was pretty obvious to anyone that this portion of the svn should have been off limits and not free to be grabbed. Fanjita screwed up with the svn permissions, it does not make it more right to grab the prometheus svn content. It is even less right to use its content even to make a lame youtube video in the first place and make it look like your own work. This is precisely what Freeplay did.

Well next time you don't need to show your works, keep your svn and release the work a good time.

You don't need that style of person.

Be careful, all is a buzz (siness...) ;)

By the way, thanks.

Hellcat

Contributor
:eek:
This is too bad.
Did he "only" leak it into the public or is he really responsible for SCE finding it?

No, because noone has Mercury and noone can get Mercury.
o_O I have it.

Not the UMD version though, but the d/l'ed (from PSN) one, that still does not require 6.20.

But anyway, couldn't care less about this since I buy my games....

Dragoneon

The Server Asshole
OMG this is what happend before....1!

Well least he said that the exploit wasn't his
But he shpuld have asked permission to release it
:argh: :argh: :argh::argh: :argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

Mathieulh

Developer
OMG this is what happend before....1!

Well least he said that the exploit wasn't his
But he shpuld have asked permission to release it
:argh: :argh: :argh::argh: :argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

You miss the point, he should not even have used it, or have it in the first place since it was stolen, let alone make a vid to get more fame out of it

knyz

:eek:
This is too bad.
Did he "only" leak it into the public or is he really responsible for SCE finding it?

o_O I have it.

Not the UMD version though, but the d/l'ed (from PSN) one, that still does not require 6.20.

But anyway, couldn't care less about this since I buy my games....

I explain something.

First, Freeplay contact Sony before the release...
-Release the exploit
-Sony wait a little bit to win money with this useless exploit
-Sony fix this exploit after few hours.

The only reason why Sony can fix the exploit faster, it's the fault of Freeplay.

Freeplay sell itself.

And now the problem, Sony can know some svn.

animebuster

I explain something.

First, Freeplay contact Sony before the release...
-Release the exploit
-Sony wait a little bit to win money with this useless exploit
-Sony fix this exploit after few hours.

The only reason why Sony can fix the exploit faster, it's the fault of Freeplay.

Freeplay sell itself.

And now the problem, Sony can know some svn.

na i don't think freeplay is that selfish anyway sony fixed the Exploit before freeplay even released it what im guessing is that who ever made the exploit or someone with permission to get it maybe sent it to sony after he heard that freeplay got his hands on it so it wouldn't turn in to soemthing?

Status
Not open for further replies.