• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Freeplay leaking an exploit that isn't his

Status
Not open for further replies.

junya8971

I just want to add on here that Freeplay is 100% right. Thank you.

And that people are blowing up the PSP "scene" to way big proportions. Relax. Geeeeez.

I feel the same after reading this thread. All over the net is ABOUT this useless exploit. All I see these days, is people blaming people.....why? This is sad to see and will kill the PSP scene if we the scene becomes full of HATERS-you all know who you are. I think you should step back once, think , then say your shit. I am with you madsoul & freeplay. It shouldn`t have been made to such a BIG deal. People. chill......

Edit: The only reason I called it useless is because it was patched on 6.20 and there isn`t anything people like me can do with it since it doesn`t allow you to play HB. Other than that people need to be more thankful. It is because of these DEVs that we have our Homebrews and CFWs and what not. If there were no DEVs doing this, our PSPs would just be plain PSPs. I just hope none of them get out of the scene for it would nice to see more.

Evilmaster

Why do people always jump those who are contributing. :(
Every developer who released something lately got bashed.

- Davee for not support ISO.
- GEN for making buggy updates.
- And now Freeplay for releasing something that aint his?

Give the people a break.

Dragoneon

The Server Asshole

Colm

ARCHER MACLEAN'S MERCURY**SONY PSP***ACTION PUZZLE GAME - eBay (item 270400843401 end time Nov-28-09 00:00:50 PST)
...thirty dollars?

Anyway, there's no point in complaining about this, what's really changed? Yes, FreePlay used work that wasn't his, but what has he gained from this? I mean, all I can see from this is that it's a proof-of-concept that the PSPgo can be hacked. But I really can't see anything else out of this. No developer is going to expand on this.
And it's not like anyone owns this game, anyway.

WalangAlam

So can i play ISO using this?:laugh: sorry I just can't resist with all these soft operas:p:laugh:

Mathieulh

Developer
FreePlay said:
This is an outright lie.'Stealing' this exploit would've been hacking into Fanjita's server, planting an authentication file for my PC in it, then bruteforcing paths on the SVN server until I got something.

What happened was that I was given access to the server and I looked at what was there.
No, what you see there is me saying what the truth actually is.

Right, I definitely didn't do any work on what was released (and what wasn't). No, I hired a small Indonesian child to do it for me.

Are you kidding me ? Have you not seen the sources I provided, that was the svn folder, as-is, and as anyone with common sense would notice, it IS ready to use

FreePlay said:
Oh, no. Forgive me, O Grand Pubah of the PSP scene.
Call me with whatever ironic name you like but this "Grand Pubah" did more to the scene that you did, and unlike you, he used unstolen information to do it, in other words, his own work.

FreePlay said:
You don't trust anybody. You keep all your best information in a nice little circle of 'elites' and hold that over people because it gives you a sense of power and importance.You're not at all about fame? And evil? Are you for real? Where's your sense of perspective?

What we do with the informations we gathered on our own and worked to obtain is our choice to make, at least it is our work and not the one of others.

Beside if it was about fame, we would have done just like you and made tons of youtube videos of our exploits. Instead we shared them little by little with the community when there was a need to (Yes in case you haven't noticed by now, Prometheus is C+D, so yes we did share and not a small amount of things)

FreePlay said:
Another outright lie, unless he's simply unaware that it's listed under 'A' for "Archer Maclean's Mercury".
Don't play with words, you perfectly know I was refering to "Mercury" that should be obvious to anyone reading that thread just as well as how badly you are trying to mislead or fool other people in thinking you had any kind of legit access to this exploit, beside the supplied sources alone should be proof enough.

FreePlay said:
You have an odd definition of 'profit'. And of 'stealing'.

So let's say I would be invited into your house to work on some novel or whatever, and that I saw some manuscript on a table which I obviously knew it had nothing to do with the work we were doing together, wouldn't taking it without your notice called stealing ? If not I would not know what this is. But then imagine I took this manuscript, modified it slightly just to make it look like I wrote it and then released it under my name, how would this be called then ? You have NO EXCUSES freeplay. Especially as in one of the threads I made earlier (M for Mature Forums - View Single Post - PSP Clip: PSPgo Fully Hacked, Running HEN) just in case this was neither clear or obvious enough, I told you you were NOT to release it, yet you chose to do so, releasing someone else's work without approval is as far as I am aware of, called leaking.

FreePlay said:
The mercury exploit was fixed in firmware 6.20. THAT is the ONLY reason I released it. Are you really going to be that hypocritical?

That does not give you any rights to use, brag or release an exploit that isn't yours, don't pointlessly try to change the subject.

FreePlay said:
Again, this is a lie. When we were working on the Gripshift exploit, he set up an SVN repository on his server, and gave me a path to the SVN browser on the web. There was no "trying tons of different urls". It was in plain sight, right there when I opened the link he sent me.

Again if you walked into someone's house and saw let's say a psp go in plain sight, would you think it right to grab it?
Really, your excuses and it seems yourself are despicable.

FreePlay said:
Really? How should it have been obvious? He gave me access to a restricted SVN and didn't say anything about not accessing what was on it. Not a word. I assumed that he wanted to give me access to those things. You don't give someone a key to your house if you don't want them to be able to see what's in plain view inside.No. It isn't what I did at all. I said from the beginning that it wasn't my exploit.No. Say this as often as you like, but it's not nearly an accurate description of reality.

You assume wrong, beside there are lots of things you are not telling, such as the fact that once you grabbed the whole thing, (which was something morally unethical to do) Fanjita told you you should not have done it and then because of the trust abusal you showed, cut all ties with you. It was then obvious to you that you had no rights over this exploit or whatever svn content you stole, either if it was to show off, let alone release. Not that it would make it any right to get into someone's house and grab any stuff you see, there is something called common sense you know ?

FreePlay said:
Had this exploit not been patched, I would not have released anything. Ever. But since it was patched, there wasn't any point in keeping it private anymore.

Really now ? would you ? After threatening to release an eloader along with it and making videos with it as well ? (which as far as I remember is not your work and for which you had no approval to use nor make videos of it or with it, nor release in any kind of forms) Admit it, you did all of it out of fame, that's the only explanation anyone smart enough could have, and that's because it's the plain and obvious truth.

Conclusion, yes it was a thievery, yes I know what stealing means and yes you, with a complete lack for morals, leaked work that isn't yours and tried to pass it as your own in order to get more noobs to adulate you.

Well in the end you failed because all you gathered is the wrath of all the psp developers in the scene.

As repeated above, YOU HAVE NO EXCUSES.

Warlock-

Really now ? would you ? After threatening to release an eloader along with it and making videos with it as well ? (which as far as I remember is not your work and for which you had no approval to use nor make videos of it or with it, not release in any kind of forms) Admit it, you did all of it out of fame, that's the only explanation anyone smart enough could have, and that's because it's the plain and obvious truth.

Face it... There's pretty much nothing other than the giant e-penis he wants and well Freeplay failed, miserably I might add.

knyz

About the Mercury.

You can still download the games on the PSN (required 6.20) and get the eboot.pbp from the old mercury, replace the eboot.pbp (6.20) by the old one Mercury.

The exploit can work well... but you need a firmware before the 6.20

Some people probably still have a firmware 6.10

By the way, you can check the game Go!puzzle too... (wireless phishing) i'm not a programmer on PSP, only on PC and Android.

z2442

fantajia still works on the sene i thought he left?

humbleman

Is really Freeplay the guilty here?

As you have all seen, MathieulH posted here:
Code:
forums.mformature.net/showpost.php?p=96121&postcount=141
on 11-13-2009 the following sentence: "P.S. the game I think about has a "R" as its third letter (of the game's title)"

Having in mind that Freeplay already told that it was on PSN, come on, how many PSN titles are there with an "R" as a third letter? See?

Mercury wasn't removed from the PSN until a couple of days before 6.20 came out, so you.are.wrong.

Looks like the most probable option of why Sony has blocked the exploit and upgraded that PSN game up to 6.20 is because of you and your sentence.

You are the only one who has "leaked" what game could it be, leading Sony directly to it. From there, a game exploit is easy for being patched.

So guys, looking for a responsible? Look at MathieulH.

You have said that Freeplay has leaked an exploit that isn't from him. Anyway, who do you think you are for releasing the original sources from the svn from this exploit, if you are neither the author or have the permission?

Probably you haven't either wrote a single letter from that code, have you?

I don't know who might be the real guilty here, Freeplay for expanding an already made exploit or MathieulH for seeking fame and posting this arguments all over the net.

What do you guys think? I'm tired of all this guys just looking for fame and drama, in where MathieulH is the top of the list.

Mathieulh

Developer
As you have all seen, MathieulH posted here:
Code:
forums.mformature.net/showpost.php?p=96121&postcount=141
on 11-13-2009 the following sentence: "P.S. the game I think about has a "R" as its third letter (of the game's title)"

Having in mind that Freeplay already told that it was on PSN, come on, how many PSN titles are there with an "R" as a third letter? See?

Mercury wasn't removed from the PSN until a couple of days before 6.20 came out, so you.are.wrong.

Looks like the most probable option of why Sony has blocked the exploit and upgraded that PSN game up to 6.20 is because of you and your sentence.

You are the only one who has "leaked" what game could it be, leading Sony directly to it. From there, a game exploit is easy for being patched.

So guys, looking for a responsible? Look at MathieulH.

You have said that Freeplay has leaked an exploit that isn't from him. Anyway, who do you think you are for releasing the original sources from the svn from this exploit, if you are neither the author or have the permission?

Probably you haven't either wrote a single letter from that code, have you?

I don't know who might be the real guilty here, Freeplay for expanding an already made exploit or MathieulH for seeking fame and posting this arguments all over the net.

What do you guys think? I'm tired of all this guys just looking for fame and drama, in where MathieulH is the top of the list.

As posted in Maxconsole earlier here is my reply
Sure that's why it was removed from the store less than one hour after Freeplay leaked the savedata ?
Get a grip.
Beside I had to make this post to make sure Freeplay would just not release the exploit as is own. In the end my itch was right since he did it and I used that as yet another evidence against his thievery. You want to look at someone responsible, look at Freeplay. Mercury was not the only game patched in 6.20 and my intervention had nothing to do with Mercury added in this list.

And no I am not the one seeking fame here, I am merely defending the rights of the people that really found this exploit and coded the elements required to use it.

Finally who is going to believe someone who just joined to post this crap (you only have one post so that makes it pretty obvious) rather than to hide behind some lame nick, show yourself whoever you are.

Did I also mention that I am mod on maxconsole and that I can tell when a lamer is hiding behind a proxy ? Here is the ip you used to make this post:

The IP Address is: 77.222.131.40 (used on maxconsole)
The host name is: relay.onlinemartin.org (used on maxconsole)
The IP address you are using here given to me by one of the staff member but which I was asked not to provide, is a tor node. (go figure...)

Next time you want to join to trashtalk someone, at least please do so with proper arguments

If he had access to the server, he did nothing much tbh. If he shouldn't had access to the source, the source should of not been there.

Though, he wasn't his to release.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
If he had access to the server, he did nothing much tbh. If he shouldn't had access to the source, the source should of not been there.

Like I keep saying, if you give someone access to your house, that doesn't mean they get to go in and steal something that you worked on.

Mathieulh

Developer

The sources were not there on purpose, beside it was plainly obvious that he had no right to get them, in fact Matiaz who also was given access figured it out pretty easily and did not grab anything out of it.

In the end it turns out it is a matter of ethics, some have them, some don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.