• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Freeplay leaking an exploit that isn't his

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfinitiProject

"Whoa is that a girl on this team!?"
This is turning into PS2 Scene, if it hasn't happened already, and most of us know how that went down.

Chaoskeeper56

Pineapple
Dude, no offense, but just get over it. The exploit has been patched, so even if he didn't release it, then it would have been worthless. And if u knew he shouldn't have had it from the start, why didn't you try to stop this BEFORE it got this far?

n00b81

Because it was taken and released out of something he was given access to, that he didn't write. Is it not common fucking sense not to release something that requires a password that you were given access to? Guess not.

If I give someone access to something to use for their own use, I'd be spittin' pissed if they released MY stuff, AFTER I told them not to.

"Yeah, you can use this"
"Oooh! Whats this!" *Makes youtube video*
"Don't release it"
"Well, it doesn't work anymore, so I'll release it anyway, after he told me not to"
"I told you not to"
"NO U!...blahblahblahbullshitinsertclevertypingbutnorelevance"

I think we get it...

I guess what the people who are on the neutral side are trying to say is: Someone screwed up miserably, moan and groan a bit, and move on.

This kind of thing happens all the time - someone steals an individuals code, releases it, and that person feels there is no other way to correct the matter other than by creating a flame thread.

I'm not trying to say what happened was correct, but I think that issues like this could be dealt with in a fairly different manner. It just seems hate threads like this one often attracts a lot of attention, but accomplishes nothing.

Anyways, that's just my opinion on the situation, please don't take it personally ;)

n00b81

mcqc

I mean the Eboot.PBP not the Eboot.BIN.

The unpatched mercure doesn't require the firmware 6.20 to launch.

The old Eboot.PBP has exactly the same eboot.PBP has the new patched one, the difference is one line of code on bootrun (to force you to use a firmware 6.20)...

Thanks for the quick reply, I still dont understand. Can I run the exploit using the patched version of the Game IF I replace the eboot.php with the old one ?
thanks

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Dude, no offense, but just get over it. The exploit has been patched, so even if he didn't release it, then it would have been worthless. And if u knew he shouldn't have had it from the start, why didn't you try to stop this BEFORE it got this far?

HE DID! He told him NOT to release it. What else could he do?

You don't seem to understand. This isn't the first time and it isn't the last. This shit happens all the time, and is a prime example as to why the PSP scene won't produce anything worthwhile and hasn't produced anything in a long time. Everytime someone does something good someone else goes and fucks it all up. This one didn't involve him fucking it up, but it involved him releasing shit that's not his, which you can't just get over.

Have you ever spent hours (Probably longer) creating an exploit? You have no idea what kind of work it takes, and what kind of work he totally threw away.

History repeats itself, and I could guarantee, this would and will happen again.

Chaoskeeper56

Pineapple
weather he released it or not, it got patched! I'm sure if he didn't even touch exploit that would have happened, and so all those hours spent making the exploit STILL would have been for nothing!
I can't say what he did was right, but it had no change on the outcome of the recent events in the end!

knyz

Thanks for the quick reply, I still dont understand. Can I run the exploit using the patched version of the Game IF I replace the eboot.php with the old one ?
thanks

Yes... you need to replace the patched version by the old version of the eboot.PBP (i don't mean the eboot.bin)

-PSPGo 6.10
-Buy the patched mercury (activate your license of the game)
-Replace the patched mercury(6.20) eboot.PBP by the old one mercury Eboot.PBP (don't need the firmware 6.20)
-And launch the game

mcqc

Yes... you need to replace the patched version by the old version of the eboot.PBP (i don't mean the eboot.bin)

-PSPGo 6.10
-Buy the patched mercury (activate your license of the game)
-Replace the patched mercury(6.20) eboot.PBP by the old one mercury Eboot.PBP (don't need the firmware 6.20)
-And launch the game

Thanks you again. I will try

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
weather he released it or not, it got patched! I'm sure if he didn't even touch exploit that would have happened, and so all those hours spent making the exploit STILL would have been for nothing!
I can't say what he did was right, but it had no change on the outcome of the recent events in the end!

That doesn't make it right. It COULD have not gotten patched, FreePlay just got lucky. That in NO WAY justifies him releasing it.

Hellcat

Contributor
Draaaaamaaaaa, baby, DRAMA!

Someone stole my pink pony and raped it w/o me giving permission, now it exploded....

C'mon ppl, this is getting redicoules....
IMO everything that can be said has been said, don't you have any "real" problems to care about?
Like "how can I continue to illegally pirate games with security tightening up" or "OMG, I am ugly!"

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
I say an admin should just close this thread, it isn't really going anywhere, other than people arguing and complaining about it.

junya8971

Draaaaamaaaaa, baby, DRAMA!

Someone stole my pink pony and raped it w/o me giving permission, now it exploded....

C'mon ppl, this is getting redicoules....
IMO everything that can be said has been said, don't you have any "real" problems to care about?
Like "how can I continue to illegally pirate games with security tightening up" or "OMG, I am ugly!"

Hahahahaha:w00t: Your post just made my day! Yeah, it is definitely getting out of hand I shall say. People just need to move on.....

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I feel that everything that could have been said by the parties involved, has been said. You can take it for what it's worth and make up your own mind about the happenings surrounding this exploit being released.

With that, I am closing this divisive thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.