• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Game of the Year

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Burnout Paradise, this game came out in January, and its still one of my top played games. It also helps that Criterion still continues to develop DLC for, and it's an easily affordable game.

RyanTheHero

Joey said:
That doesn't change the fact that MP and Horde are both fantastic. And you can't say the Campaign wasn't an improvement over the first game, no matter how small.
I don't know. I don't really like the matchmaking for Gears 2. It's a huuuge waste of time for me having to wait like 10 minutes just to play a 5 minute match and then go through all that nonsense all over again. I liked how in the original Gears of War you could just search up a game press A and BAM you're playing and you could keep playing that game until the host decides to end it.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
RyanTheHero said:
I don't know. I don't really like the matchmaking for Gears 2. It's a huuuge waste of time for me having to wait like 10 minutes just to play a 5 minute match and then go through all that nonsense all over again. I liked how in the original Gears of War you could just search up a game press A and BAM you're playing and you could keep playing that game until the host decides to end it.
and you can do that in private, ranked was the same as it is now

Sullivan

Left4Dead has no competition.

These will be on the ballot,

Fallout 3
Gears of War 2
Little Big Planet
GTA4
MSG4
Gran Tourismo
COD WAW

Robby

Los Doyers!
RyanTheHero said:
Even in ranked on Gears 1 you had to wait several minutes so the room can fill up.
Sometimes in player matches too, the host wouldn't start the game til the room was filled up.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
If I had to make a guess, I would say MGS4 will win. From my experience this year, the two games I've had the most fun playing have been Fallout and Dead Space.

Riorio99

Are we talking GOTY as in, winner of most GOTY awards, or, will get a GOTY edition?
The first one will probably be MGS4, GTA4 or LBP.
The second will be either Fallout 3 or GTA4.

Mark my words, it will be GTA4, even though I disliked it a decent amount.

I personally would choose The World Ends With You on the DS, but whatever.

Colm

In terms of editions: Fallout definately, MGS4 will get METAL GEAR SOLID: EXISTANCE anyway, GOTY or not.
I stand by Burnout winning some awards, Fallout winning most, MGS4 getting awards from the Playstation-specific (or Playstation-biased like OPSM) reviewers and GTA being named year's biggest disappointment, like FFXII last year.
And I liked FFXII...

Adiuvo

MGS4 will get it most of them, with Gears and Fallout sharing the rest. GTA will be named the biggest disappointment like Eran said, along with maybe Haze or Home.

Seth

MD Party Room
MGS4 was nice, but I cant see myself playing it more than once.

I really dont have a pick for game of the year..

Also where are all the Brawl people at? That was still a great game...

Slasher

Suck It
With the online being a disaster, a certain aspect of the game is flawed and in turn kind of takes away the GOTY award. Apart from that, I just didn't like the game lol

Slasher

Suck It
FullMetalCat said:
GTA IV wasn't really a let down. It was extremely fun before you beat it. After you beat it, it was extreemeeellyy boring.
Pretty much what I've experienced with any other GTA game, so no biggie there

_Syn

Thanks twelve. I forgot that fact. It's cause I got both my PS3 and Call of Duty 4 this year on February, so I thought it was just recently released.

I've added a few games on the list.

LittleBigPlanet: I could not think of a single game, which incorporates creativity, fun and last value other than LittleBigPlanet. Though I do not have the game, but I did get into the beta, that was enough for me to say that this has GOTY potential. It was just released a few weeks ago, but considering all the positive things it carries, it's a game to watch out for. I know it has it's downs also, but it has more good things than bad.

Scorned

Why would GTA be named as the years biggest disappointment after so many reviewers gave it a near perfect, if not already perfect, score?

I must say though, if GTA wins, it's a sad day for gaming.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Scorned said:
Why would GTA be named as the years biggest disappointment after so many reviewers gave it a near perfect, if not already perfect, score?

I must say though, if GTA wins, it's a sad day for gaming.
I was about to say that. The only reason I think people think it was disappointing was because of all the hype and perfect scores it was getting they were expecting some kind of super game.

GTA4 was not a disappointment to me. I'm a huge GTA fan and GTA4 is a very welcomed edition. This was the first GTA with official online and it was a great experience.
I would not be upset at all if GTA4 wins game of the year, but I would like some of that promised DLC.

Vee

I think in a technical point of view, GTAIV was brilliant. But it just lacked the soul and fun the other GTA games have had. I mean, i'm sure every person that played that game, would rather have had a more San Andreas version (insanely fun and wacky) then the ruthless realism that they went for.

Its between LBP and MGS4. No chance of Fallout 3 winning it, after all, its Oblivion with a new shell.