• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Gamer Night- Game TBD - Friday, Dec 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noriyuke

I have a gold subscription card, i've just been lazy in redeeming, and i'm in the middle of pirating a shit ton of games, that's why i haven't upgraded yet to0.

But Last remnant finished after i beat Gears last night, err should i say this afternoon. So i will upgrade after my parents finish watching disaster movie.

Joey

Damn, I still haven't slept today, and I goto work at 11pm...

Fuck, I didn't handle this too well.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I'll make an effort to stay up till then :p
At 1:30am...

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
A multitude of games then?
If we play Halo (which I very much hope we do :p) can I be party leader since I have all MLG gametypes and maps (they are good competitive ones, and I also have some fun stuff).

Good games guys, I was actually doing vaguely well towards the end... especially on the map with the lasers (that I ran into about 4 times :p) but I got a decent few kills... but apart from that I sucked :p
Shame we didn't play any other games.

Sinfulfate

If we play Halo (which I very much hope we do :p) can I be party leader since I have all MLG gametypes and maps (they are good competitive ones, and I also have some fun stuff).

Good games guys, I was actually doing vaguely well towards the end... especially on the map with the lasers (that I ran into about 4 times :p) but I got a decent few kills... but apart from that I sucked :p

Ya but its hard to go to different games since I wasn't sure what other games people had. Next week we will choose a different game, probably halo 3 since most people seem to have that and I hate Call of Duty but will vote and see.

Noriyuke

I ditto that shame, next time were going to have plan it out a little bit more, maybe do some research and see what everyone's has and stuff like that, ill make some effort to get a few games that a few of you have that i don't. And for a few games, just cuz i have a high gamerscore on some, does not mean i own them. And don't worry Xando, you didn't suck all that bad, we both sure as shit need some practice in Multiplayer GOW2, but it was too funny when everyone was trying to figure out which of the 2 "retards" was going to win lol, obviously you were the winner, and i bet Hiratai is a little annoyed right now. I dare say Pissed.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
That was funny :D
One of the few rounds of that map where I didn't just run straight through the lasers.
Who was it who, after I downed, picked up as a shield and walked into the lasers while holding in order to kill both of us?

Why do you hate Call of Duty Sinful? I used to hate it and think it was shit, but I picked it up again quite recently and realise how good it is. Maybe you just haven't played it enough?
But yeah I'm definitely up for some Halo some time - maybe same time next week? If there's 8 of us again we could do like some 4v4s then maybe matchmaking...
And Elite Hippie needs to calm down.

Noriyuke

I've known that kid for damn near 2 years... That will never happen.

Eh, he was totally cool in Left 4 Dead, i mean Geekn Souljax n him were like blah blah all day with the headsets, but i only listened in small bursts, when we were playing gears i couldnt tell who was who with the voices, so i kept me mouth shut.

:tup:

Sinfulfate

Why do you hate Call of Duty Sinful? I used to hate it and think it was shit, but I picked it up again quite recently and realise how good it is. Maybe you just haven't played it enough?
Well first because I'm not a fan of realistic shooters since its more of whoever finds whom first wins. But the biggest problem with COD(the newer ones) is the perks system. It makes the game ridiculously unbalanced which kills a online multiplayer game imo. I just couldn't stand keep dying because the people I were fighting had more health than me or they could hold double amount of grenades then I could.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Yeah I see where your coming from, but in my opinion that makes it a good thing. It's not always who sees who first - it's also about accuracy: many times I have killed someone who got the first shot, but then again many times that has happened to me.
Plus it's not like you can't use perks - if you don't like them having more health, play hardcore of put on stopping power, if you don't like their frag x 3, just try to not get grenaded (though I realise that is hard to do :p)
Just have another go on it sometime, perhaps you could have a go on it sometime with me?

Joey

Well first because I'm not a fan of realistic shooters since its more of whoever finds whom first wins. But the biggest problem with COD(the newer ones) is the perks system. It makes the game ridiculously unbalanced which kills a online multiplayer game imo. I just couldn't stand keep dying because the people I were fighting had more health than me or they could hold double amount of grenades then I could.

Well, you do know you could use perks too, right?

Sinfulfate

Yeah I see where your coming from, but in my opinion that makes it a good thing. It's not always who sees who first - it's also about accuracy: many times I have killed someone who got the first shot, but then again many times that has happened to me.
Plus it's not like you can't use perks - if you don't like them having more health, play hardcore of put on stopping power, if you don't like their frag x 3, just try to not get grenaded (though I realise that is hard to do :p)
Just have another go on it sometime, perhaps you could have a go on it sometime with me?
Ya the problem is that you have no idea who is using what and when. So its hard to counter a whole team of players using completely different setups. Is hardcore the mode where perks aren't allowed? If so instead of playing hardcore mode I could just play a better realistic shooter like GRAW or Socom. Honestly I probably will never play COD4 again.

Well, you do know you could use perks too, right?
Yup but I cant use all the same perks or even weapons that the people they match me up against can.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Ya the problem is that you have no idea who is using what and when. So its hard to counter a whole team of players using completely different setups. Is hardcore the mode where perks aren't allowed? If so instead of playing hardcore mode I could just play a better realistic shooter like GRAW or Socom. Honestly I probably will never play COD4 again.

No, perks still work on hardcore but hardcore has:
No radar.
No health regeneration.
EXTREMELY low health (1 shot to any gun except through walls).

Meaning perks don't nearly as much influence how you kill someone.
I really think you should try it again.
Just try creating a class of M16, whatever 1st perk you think would suit you, stopping power and deep imapct. This is a strong gun and you will find that generally even on non hardcore no more than 2 hits kills someone, and it has a high accuracy.

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
amrcidiot is my gamertag.
The games I have available to me are COD4, Halo 3, Gears of War (1), Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero World Tour, and Pure.

Status
Not open for further replies.