• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gears of War 3

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Does anyone have an extra Commando Dom or Mechanic Baird code?

Edit - Got my hands on Dom. Just looking for Mechanic Baird.

Joey

Beat mode is super disappointing. They did such a good job making the Locust fun to play, and the entire mode is just 12 waves.

I kind of wish they'd made Beast Mode into a versus mode, like Left 4 Dead. That's actually what I thought it was gonna be :/

Fun ass game though.

Joey

Yo, if anybody wants to play Horde 2.0, let me know. I'd like to get a full game with 5 dudes the whole time. I'll play competitive multiplayer too, but I'm not that great, so it's not my favorite.

OUTL4W

I see gridlock and a couple others made it into this one as well....

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
What others? The only old map is Gridlock.

Gridlock is rough this time around. If you get the sniper, your team will win, especially on TDM.

Anyone down for doing Beast Mode on Insane to unlock that skin?

OUTL4W

What others? The only old map is Gridlock.

Gridlock is rough this time around. If you get the sniper, your team will win, especially on TDM.
There's another one that seems similar to the train station map from gears2 except without the train. Similar map layout....still love it though.
How to change online character though? Or does it change as you rank up?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
You can change your character and weapon skins from the Options Menu. Just hit Start and then Multiplayer and you can set your preferences.

I think you may be right about other fan favorite maps though. I was looking at the Leaderboards for Beast Mode and I saw Blood Drive listed. Not sure if it's available now or is a planned DLC.

Sinfulfate

You can change your character and weapon skins from the Options Menu. Just hit Start and then Multiplayer and you can set your preferences.

I think you may be right about other fan favorite maps though. I was looking at the Leaderboards for Beast Mode and I saw Blood Drive listed. Not sure if it's available now or is a planned DLC.
Ya its planned DLC. When the beta was out all the maps were leaked including Blood Drive, Day One, River, Clocktower, Aftermath, Artillery, Azura, Jacinto, and a few others. I dont understand why they only released 10 maps with the game. They should have gave us the old maps for free like they did with the Gears 2 flashback map pack.

I'll be up for some beast mode on insane. I'll be on later today.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Anyone down for partying up at some point tonight? I'll play anything, still haven't dome Beast on Insane and need waves 40-50 on Horde. TDM has been my go to though.

Joey

I'm watching Patton Oswalt's new special tonight (sorry, priorities). Tomorrow, I might get back into Gears 3. I had a day of running into nothing but level 50+ dudes, and getting ripped apart, so I stopped playing. Really wish I was better so I could actually play this damn game X_X

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Attempted Horde on Insane with a full party with Sinful last night. It was ridiculously difficult. I think we stopped at Wave 16, but there was one party member who wasn't very good.

Joey

Attempted Horde on Insane with a full party with Sinful last night. It was ridiculously difficult. I think we stopped at Wave 16, but there was one party member who wasn't very good.
I'll play as much horde as you guys want in the future, but I have zero guarantees I'm better than said not very good dude.

Sinfulfate

That's terrible :(

On a side note, add me people. I'm playing regularly.

Gamertag: Zx30
I added you back. I haven't' played with you since like back when we had that Gears of War 1 clan on Gamebattles.

Godzilla2693k? Ya that guy wasn't to good and he had no mic =/ I just unlocked Superstar Cole and am working on unlocking some mutators. Once I get some mutators we should be able to knock it out easy. I still need to beat campaign in 4 player co-op and insane for the achievement/onyx medal. So hard to find 3 other dedicated people.