• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[GUIDE] Installing Custom Firmware Enabler

happydance

Hmm....I seriously don't get why people would like PSX games. It's worse than PSP backups and its graphics are not that good. Can someone give me link to some good PSX games? I wanna try out whether it's that good :|

it's becuase if you bought them a long time ago since it was very good and want to play it but your PSone is busted and got a psp. you just have to covert you game and relive the greatness of the games on PSX within the PSP!!

evhoria

Did anyone get the USBSlimCharge plugin enabled and working properly with the CFWE? Are not all plugins supported?

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
YOu can try yourself, there's no risk practically

you should have this line in vsh.txt

ms0:/seplugins/USBSlimCharge.prx 1

evhoria

Nevermind - I found out that there is an option to enable USB Charge in the settings option of CFWE . Thanks anyways.

blackhawkdude

can someone help me? Every time I try to run a psx game i get the "the game could not be started (80000004)" error message.
i flashed pops like in the guide and then i downloaded the popspack and enabled that plugin but when i try to hold R like you guys have said it doesnt do anything

xiemphongthan

Lolzz....Bored with PSP..
can someone help me? Every time I try to run a psx game i get the "the game could not be started (80000004)" error message.
i flashed pops like in the guide and then i downloaded the popspack and enabled that plugin but when i try to hold R like you guys have said it doesnt do anything
Format memory stick and try again

shikamaru

Thanx, link added to guide

Lukou

Hey, I recently got a PSP, and found out that I have a TA088v3 Motherboard. Can anyone link me to a guide to installing ChickHEN R2 on my PSP and how to use it to install the Custom Firmware Enabler?

Slasher

Suck It
Hey, I recently got a PSP, and found out that I have a TA088v3 Motherboard. Can anyone link me to a guide to installing ChickHEN R2 on my PSP and how to use it to install the Custom Firmware Enabler?

Well it's pretty straight forward actually. Just download ChickHEN R2 and basically dump the files onto your memorystick. Make sure you use the SLIM folder since your PSP is a PSP-2000 slim and make sure you put it in the ms0:/PSP/PHOTO/ folder. Then once they are on there, go to the photo folder in the XMB of your PSP. Your PSP should display a green screen and should reboot into the ChickHEN environment. From here you can launch eboots and whatnot under the GAME section of the XMB.

Come back here and read this guide to help you install the Custom Firmware Enabler.

If you have any problems getting ChickHEN to run (since it doesn't always work - sometimes it might freeze) then there are various techniques around that can help you load ChickHEN in nearly every try.

Go here and look at the 'The tiff exploit Hello World isn't working for me?' section for some tips. Or go here and try this download package, since there's been some positive response to it.

shikamaru

Yes.
It may work in CFWEnabler and HEN but if you return to OFW it would be 100% brick and there would still be a high probability that it would still brick on CFWEnabler

Popsicle

Firstly, thanks for the guide! I finally managed to get something working after 8 months.

After installing cwcheat, I managed to open its menu in the main screen ( the one which you see upon turning on the console - where the game, music and vid options are ). However, once I open a game and get to the game screen ( in the actual game itself ), the menu doesn't seem to pop up. Could I get some advice on what I should do from here on?

shikamaru

@popsicle

open up game.txt (same directory as vsh.txt) and enter this line

ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat.prx 1

Popsicle

Thanks for the quick reply. I've already done it, but there doesn't seem to be any visible change in-game.

Could you please take a look at my seplugin folder and point out any mistakes?
(Removed 2 of the database files so as to stay within the forum attachment size limit )

Or could you give me a pre-set one, so I can compare it to see my mistake myself?

Side question - Is it possible to load chickhen without formatting the memory stick? And is it safe to change memory sticks during standby mode?