• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Halo: Reach

Robby

Los Doyers!
Hit the back button and try again

Yeah it worked, but the site was running slow as hell for me.
Anyways, been playing for awhile and yeah I like it.

Played some Headhunter and played some Slayer so far.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Im curios do you need to make an gamertag with that email to use the code?

Nope, just pop in the code into any gamertag and you can play.
I got codes for 6 of my friends and they all worked.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Anyone have an extra code? I just took the Halo ODST quiz but didn't get a code.

After the quiz you will see a button on the Halo: Reach page, just press that (I think it says something like Retail store? I can't recall).

EDIT: Looks like they caught on and removed the promotion

TeamOverload

So what are everyone's thoughts on the actual beta? Pretty impressive so far I must say, and I'm sure it'll only continue to become more polished as the retail launch looms closer. Took a bit of getting used to, but I'm starting to slowly catch on and enjoy every single match.

Also, if credits are tied to rank, then spending credits on armor upgrades would in turn lower your ranking, or am I not understanding this correctly?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
So what are everyone's thoughts on the actual beta? Pretty impressive so far I must say, and I'm sure it'll only continue to become more polished as the retail launch looms closer. Took a bit of getting used to, but I'm starting to slowly catch on and enjoy every single match.

Also, if credits are tied to rank, then spending credits on armor upgrades would in turn lower your ranking, or am I not understanding this correctly?

Credits are not tied to rank in that way. Earning more will level you up faster. Gone are the old level up systems and in with the new! The Arena will be where you are looking for that "ranked" level and it is done so by distinguishing you in different skill tiers

Does anybody got any extra code? I need one. eh

TeamOverload

Credits are not tied to rank in that way. Earning more will level you up faster. Gone are the old level up systems and in with the new! The Arena will be where you are looking for that "ranked" level and it is done so by distinguishing you in different skill tiers

Well I know how arena works, I just thought I remembered seeing a type of rank similar to "Private" or something like that down on the bottom bar in the menu screens where it shows your credits, which is what made me think that it was an EXP type ranking as well.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Well I know how arena works, I just thought I remembered seeing a type of rank similar to "Private" or something like that down on the bottom bar in the menu screens where it shows your credits, which is what made me think that it was an EXP type ranking as well.

Yeah, there is that but it's more like the social ranking that Halo 3 currently uses. It is a rank, but it's not related to skill level, just playtime

TeamOverload

Yeah, I got that, sorry that I'm not being clear. What I'm just trying to ask is that if spending those credits on armor customizations would then it turn cause that social ranking to drop?

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Still possible to get codes?

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
You can already check out your stats online at Bungie.net once you log-in to your windows live account. Keeps track of all your medals as usual, kills/death, etc. I also took a few screenshots and was able to access those as well, looking forward to taking some nice screenshots next week (they make good backgrounds ;) )

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Anyone want to play now?

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"