• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Home

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
twelve said:
Not random at all. Sony are shutting down the underground program and "supposedly" sending an invite to every PS Underground member, however I havent received one.
Random in the sense that my account which has absolutely no gameplay time, probably less than an hour of total login time, no connection to the Playstation forums, only downloaded a few Japanese demos and the home theme.
So they sent to random, and Underground members.

btw, My Playstation Underground account still hasn't got the email.

Sullivan

I have a PSU account, I just haven't used it since like January of this year, think I still got on at my old email guys?

ReneX

didnt recieve any invite, and no one have shared the damn thing... so i thing ill wait til end of this year to test home

twelve

I'm not dead
Abe Froeman said:
The code worked. What a weird thing Home is to me. I made a character, bought some furniture and some clothes and watched bunch of people try to get out of the new Far Cry 2 space with some glitch near a tire. The glitch would then let you walk a few feet and then fall through the map....
How the hell do you do any of that? I couldn't find out how to get to anywhere other than Home Square, The Bowling Alley, The Theatre, Shopping Mall and my apartment. Also none of the shops had anything for sale.

Either my copy of Home is broken or I'm an idiot. Either way I think this is the most disappointing beta I've ever been in.

It's definitely ready for release, it's just not going to be as great as everyone is expecting. Sony have hyped this to be something amazing, but really it's a piss poor clone of second life with fancy graphics.

Edit: maybe it's not ready for release after all. I just tried to go on it and got an Error telling me "You're not old enough to access this area"

eighty4

If Home had the original abilities it had promised which were the ability to play games with people you knew who had them, and watch movies that people are watching rather than being like Mini-Sims with PSN members, it would have more potential and be more promising than it had become.

If MS had made it, I honestly think it would be ALOT better.

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
I was looking around online and it seems they closed the game spaces for 1.0, idk why.

twelve

I'm not dead
mohaas05 said:
Well keep in mind it IS still a beta.
I honestly don't see how that makes any difference. I've not experienced any bugs whilst in home only when connecting to it.

If this is all home is going to be then beta or not it's a waste of 3GB hdd space.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
The whole thing just seems like a colossal waste of time to me. I won't be using it unless they add something fun. Right now, there is no fun to be had.

Bran

Yell
Abe Froeman said:
The whole thing just seems like a colossal waste of time to me. I won't be using it unless they add something fun. Right now, there is no fun to be had.
I view it mostly as a lobby if they implement it right. Since if you want to play a game with some people you can go to that game's room and set shit up from there. I know it's kinda pointless but whatever.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
The NXE party system is very easy compared to this I would imagine. You can have everyone playing a different game and still talking in the group chat of the party.

I think Home would require everyone's character to meet up on screen somewhere. But I could be wrong.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Abe Froeman said:
The NXE party system is very easy compared to this I would imagine. You can have everyone playing a different game and still talking in the group chat of the party.

I think Home would require everyone's character to meet up on screen somewhere. But I could be wrong.
Home has a Phone a Friend feature where you can chat with a friend as long as they loaded up Home, the same thing the 360 had so its getting somewhere at least. Not sure if its only in home since there's no game launchings to actually test it out.

twelve

I'm not dead
Sousanator said:
Home has a Phone a Friend feature where you can chat with a friend as long as they loaded up Home, the same thing the 360 had so its getting somewhere at least. Not sure if its only in home since there's no game launchings to actually test it out.
That's just the same as starting a chat from the XMB as you can "phone" anyone on your friends list that is online. They don't have to be in home. However they will have to quit whatever game they're playing to respond if they're not in home.

Whisper

Logic :(
I resorted to just playing pool... I really hope they do something productive with the theater (get corporations to sponsor a movie so we can watch it free for example.)