• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Home

ReneX

i was soooo hyped when i first heard of home :(, dont want to sound like a fanboy, i own both 360 and ps3 ( also a gaming-not-to-powerful pc) , but sony promise me a lot of stuff and they didnt bring all that, im not angry.... im just dissapointed....

Whisper

Logic :(
Since all my friends have home its fun. But I can see why its so boring by ones self.

Adiuvo

Cooguy just gave it to me. It's pretty nice, and once more people get on there's alot you can do with it. Character creation sucks ass, but besides that I don't have many complaints.

twelve

I'm not dead
I know, also most fw updates come out on Wednesdays so perhaps it will come as part of yet another firmware update.

twelve

I'm not dead
I don't remember the download size but it requires 3GB to be "reserved" on your hard drive for downloading the different areas in Home.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
anyone know whats new in the home beta update?

anything noticeable?
i dont see anything..
still pretty boring

Yeah, but I can definitely see the potential for using this as a game-gathering/planning tool. Also, the minigames are fun, like bowling, pool, and echochrome. It will also be exciting to see the individual game spaces and what they have to offer, along with 3D trophies. Overall, everything seems to work well so they have a solid foundation, now let's just see how well game launching can be implemented and how much effort the devs put into making spaces and 3D trophies for their games.

Colm

I'd sorta prefer a steam-like system, but that's not going to happen I guess.
What do I mean by that?
steambz0.jpg

That's a screenshot of Steam with the friendslist and server info screen open. With Steam, I can check what games my friends are playing, click join game, and it does the rest.
Home is just much more hassle to achieve the same thing. Steam also lets you call up a serverlist for all the games you have bought on steam and launch straight into a server that'll work. If Sony could get an out-of-game feature like that, even if it's just for Warhawk, I will be very, very impresed.

twelve

I'm not dead
If Sony did that tho the xbots would start screaming how they're ripping off XBL. Which to be honest wouldn't be a bad thing.

It would have to be doable from the xmb tho. Loading home just to do that would be a pain.

Vee

I want a option to jump straight into the room that someones in in a game.

also. does Home need to download each place before you enter it?

Colm

If Sony did that tho the xbots would start screaming how they're ripping off XBL. Which to be honest wouldn't be a bad thing.

It would have to be doable from the xmb tho. Loading home just to do that would be a pain.
Isn't home supposed to be intergrated to the XMB? Anyway, I wouldn't give a damn about the xbots, they probably ripped it from Steam in the first place.