• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How To: Install Popsloader on 3.80 M33, 3.90 M33

pillaysteven

Seems to be working perfectly now. I noticed that a strange picture had replaced the normal one on some of my game save data. This picture:

ICON0.png

I dunno how it got there or where it came from but it was there. I deleted some of the save data I didn't need anymore though I left one or two. And presto it worked. Popsloader works fine now. Can anyone explain this?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Seems to be working perfectly now. I noticed that a strange picture had replaced the normal one on some of my game save data. This picture:

ICON0.png

I dunno how it got there or where it came from but it was there. I deleted some of the save data I didn't need anymore though I left one or two. And presto it worked. Popsloader works fine now. Can anyone explain this?

Earlier 3.80 M33 releases replaced the save data icon with that due to a bug in pops. It was fixed in a later release (and of course is fixed in 3.90 M33). So that's probably where the icon came from.

Not sure why that fixed your problem with FFVII though.

anadriall

Alright, I am just wondering, but does anyone know where I can find a Compatibility List for the most recent POPSLoader? Because I don't wanna put Digimon World 3 on it if it won't work...

(Also wondering for the purpose of the original Grandia)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Alright, I am just wondering, but does anyone know where I can find a Compatibility List for the most recent POPSLoader? Because I don't wanna put Digimon World 3 on it if it won't work...

(Also wondering for the purpose of the original Grandia)

There's a compatibility list here:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=889

Most of those games were tested with the 3.10 pops.

anadriall

Uhh... When I use popsloader on it, to change versions or whatever it locks up the PSP.... It'll change versions on most of the others though....

Yeah it locks up on all versions I try to use EXCEPT 3.72...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Uhh... When I use popsloader on it, to change versions or whatever it locks up the PSP.... It'll change versions on most of the others though....

Yeah it locks up on all versions I try to use EXCEPT 3.72...

That's normal. You have repeat steps 4-9 to dump a different pops version. For example, in the fourth step, download the 3.10 EBOOT then follow the remaining steps to install 3.10 pops.

All you have installed right now is the 3.72 pops.

anadriall

...... Wow.... Now I feel...... Like an idiot.......... lol

Alright done making 3.10, checking now to see if it works. :)

... Made 3.10 and 3.03 and tried Digimon World 3 on both, same problem on all of them... Can't eneter buildings because when I leave it locks up the game... Oh well... ((Gives DW3 the finger and deletes it))

nepferios

Problem

Hi i have CFW 3.90 M33 popsloader + pops from 3.72 and i create an eboot of FF8 with RS-GUIPopstationMD v.3,put it in X:\PSP\GAME, i have activated pops loader from recovery,go to XMB and starg the game, i choose 3.72 pops but instead of running the mem stick loads a few and then nothing,a black screen.The HOME menu works but nothing else.What can i do? :confused1:

anadriall

Well, DW3 works now, turns out I had a bad disc so the ISO wouldn't burn right.. Had to borrow a friends. Thanks for the help, works GREAT on 3.10 :)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi i have CFW 3.90 M33 popsloader + pops from 3.72 and i create an eboot of FF8 with RS-GUIPopstationMD v.3,put it in X:\PSP\GAME, i have activated pops loader from recovery,go to XMB and starg the game, i choose 3.72 pops but instead of running the mem stick loads a few and then nothing,a black screen.The HOME menu works but nothing else.What can i do? :confused1:

Sounds like you didn't rename the PRX files or did not rename them correctly. Can you list the files you have in seplugins/popsloader on the memory stick?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Got a pic

puiobi5.jpg

Everything looks fine. Well does the game in question work with popsloader disabled? It could just be the game that's the problem.

Metrogay

aww man... I followed every thing you said by the step. The eboot file i got was 3.51 in order to play Chrono cross. But when i executed the psardumper prog in the game menu and pressed the square button it just says "cannot find Eboot.pbp at root" but i actually placed the eboot file already there. I need help please :( i badly need to play this game again

Metrogay

oh wait my bad, i finally got the f0 file and all, except that my games still messing up when i get to the komodo screen. How do i set the pops from the xmb game folder?

Metrogay

chrono cross still having the crash ( and i know it works with 3.51) the game is an eboot.pbp file in my game folder. IM just wondering why its still crashing

OopsIDied

Ah I would just like to thank you lol, I was about to downgrade back to 3.71 to play FF7 on my PSP xD. Only problem was that you didnt say the part about adding pops.txt and popsloader.prx or w/e to the sefolder root, not the sefolder/popsloader, i had to get that off that guide you gave credit to at the end.

NiiKeZ

HELP!!!
i have 3.90M33...i followed the guide nd everything but everytime i try nd use the PSAR Dumper nd press SQUARE to decrypt all...it says:

Loading psar...
psar file loaded (18622496 bytes)
version 3.80.
'com:00000' Cannot Decrypt Common Table

sooo uhhmm...how do i fix this....
it might be a dumb question
but i REALLY dont know what to do:confused1:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
HELP!!!
i have 3.90M33...i followed the guide nd everything but everytime i try nd use the PSAR Dumper nd press SQUARE to decrypt all...it says:

Loading psar...
psar file loaded (18622496 bytes)
version 3.80.
'com:00000' Cannot Decrypt Common Table

sooo uhhmm...how do i fix this....
it might be a dumb question
but i REALLY dont know what to do:confused1:

Hum.. why are you trying to decrypt the 3.80 update? Use 3.00 - 3.72, nothing higher than that.