• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How To: Install Popsloader on 3.80 M33, 3.90 M33

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I understand. I use a 4gb Sandisk stick.

I tried using other games to confirm there wasn't an issue. All of the games I've tried will boot without popsloader, some of them just won't do much from then on (Vagrant Story hangs on the first load screen.)

I noticed 3 different options in PSAR depending on which key you pressed, could using the wrong option have dumped unusable prx files?

Yes, popsloader only works with decrypted modules. You have to press square.

If you try redumping the files again make sure to delete the F0 folder on your memory stick, since I don't think PSARDumper will overwrite the old files.

JonC04

Hey, well I've already gotten PopsLoader on my 3.90M33-2 PHAT PSP and it's running great =), I'd just like to know for my friends sake, if this works on the Slim(PSP-2000). Because she kind of wants Crash Bandicoot and I don't want to bust up her PSP ^-^;; So is it safe to install Popsloader?

Thanks,
Jon

Biodeo

Yes, popsloader only works with decrypted modules. You have to press square.

If you try redumping the files again make sure to delete the F0 folder on your memory stick, since I don't think PSARDumper will overwrite the old files.

I feel silly. I was pressing cross in PSAR, everything works fine now. Thanks for the help x3sphere.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hey, well I've already gotten PopsLoader on my 3.90M33-2 PHAT PSP and it's running great =), I'd just like to know for my friends sake, if this works on the Slim(PSP-2000). Because she kind of wants Crash Bandicoot and I don't want to bust up her PSP ^-^;; So is it safe to install Popsloader?

Thanks,
Jon

Yeah it works on the Slim as well.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
how do you tell what pops you neeed for the game you wanna play or is it just some random guess and check

Most games will work fine without popsloader... however, if you find a game that doesn't work then yeah you will just have to try random pops.

clasius

hey..

Im using 3.80 M33-5 adn i also installed the EBOOT.PBP but when i open the PSARdumper and pressed the square button, it says that cannot find the EBOOT.PBP on the root..

i actually copy the archive of the EBOOT.PBP on the root but wat really is the problem???

pls help..

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Im using 3.80 M33-5 adn i also installed the EBOOT.PBP but when i open the PSARdumper and pressed the square button, it says that cannot find the EBOOT.PBP on the root..

i actually copy the archive of the EBOOT.PBP on the root but wat really is the problem???

pls help..

The EBOOT.PBP isn't in the correct location then or it is not named correctly. Make sure you aren't placing it in MP_ROOT... it should go directly on the memory stick drive, not in any folders.

spcmsk

halpcl5.jpg

no menu shows when i hold R
i'm on a psp slim 3.90-2m33
official sony 4gb memory stick
yes the prx is enabled

finalheavenxi

Well i know this isn't exactly the right place to post this but I was wondering how do we play PSP games that we download (I already own the UMD...just to much to carry)? I am running 3.90 M33

ski3

Hello,

I have PSP Slim version with Firmware 3.90 M33-2 and i want to install the popsloader on my psp.
But on step 6 when i go to the game menu i cant launch PSARDumper because its sais data corruption...can you guys help me out?

thefemo

Great guide!! Thank you so much :)

One quick question though:

I've followed through all the steps, but I still haven't placed a psx game onto the memory stick yet.
However, before I do so, I noticed that when I'm browsing through the XMB, I notice in the game folder, there's the NEW PSR DUMPER. Just randomly sitting there, no specific icon. I've finished using it, since I already completed all the steps and finished enabling popsloader.

Should I just leave the folder there or can I delete it now?