• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How To: Install Popsloader on 3.80 M33, 3.90 M33

Endrance

hi
first post ever on this forum :p

but is it true popsloader doesnt work on 3.90 m33-2?

also if i download a psx game in iso format must i convert it?
if so link to program or whatever would be much appreciated
or if i can use iso would it go in iso or game?

thanks in advance

KILTY

hi
first post ever on this forum :p

but is it true popsloader doesnt work on 3.90 m33-2?

also if i download a psx game in iso format must i convert it?
if so link to program or whatever would be much appreciated
or if i can use iso would it go in iso or game?

thanks in advance

I have 3.90 M33 v2 and following the above steps managed to install popsloader 3.80 v2 with no problems (also running the 3.71plugin thing).

Just thought i had to register to say thankyou for enabling me to play my old PS1 games that are were gathering dust!

Kudos

finalheavenxi

Hey. I didn't get my psp yet but its coming in soon.

Meanwhile I was trying to figure out how to run ps1 games on a Slim 3.90 m33 and I came upon this

upon completing steps 1 - 9, does the process extract certain files (files that enable you to run ps1 games)?

BTW i find this guild pretty helpful. even tho my psp didn't even come in yet :wink:

finalheavenxi

I was also wondering what folders and files I need to create before I start the installation process. For example, do i create "PSP/GAME" folder for step 3 of the installation?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I was also wondering what folders and files I need to create before I start the installation process. For example, do i create "PSP/GAME" folder for step 3 of the installation?

Yes, if you don't have those folders then just create them.

finalheavenxi

Hi

I was wondering will the PSP only run the eboot files labeled as "eboot.pbp" or could it load "eboot1.pbp","eboot2.pbp" and so forth. I mainly want to know because I want to create eboots for multiple disk games and dump them on my psp. Or is there a another way to run multiple disk games on a psp?

Also, what folders do I make to put my ps1 games in. Like, what should the folders be named?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi

I was wondering will the PSP only run the eboot files labeled as "eboot.pbp" or could it load "eboot1.pbp","eboot2.pbp" and so forth. I mainly want to know because I want to create eboots for multiple disk games and dump them on my psp. Or is there a another way to run multiple disk games on a psp?

Also, what folders do I make to put my ps1 games in. Like, what should the folders be named?

No, it doesn't work like that. You can either combine all of the discs into one EBOOT using the program available here, or place each EBOOT in a separate folder, like:

X:/PSP/GAME/FFVIIDISC1
X:/PSP/GAME/FFVIIDISC2

Doesn't matter what the folder is called as long as it is created inside of the GAME directory.

BTW whats a XMB?

XMB is short for Cross Media Bar. It is the PSP's main menu screen.

finalheavenxi

I heard we need to have "keys.bin" file somewhere on the memory stick. Although I have the file I am not to sure what it is for and where which folder I am suppose to place it. Can someone tell me where to put the file and what purpose it serves? Thanks

BTW: Thanks x3sphere. Ur awesome. This really helped me understand more.

infidelity

Hello, I'm new here, ad I believe I followed the instructions step by step, but every time I try to load the 3.71 pop plugin, the psp freezes.

My PSP is running 3.90 m33_2

I installed the latest popstation "3.80 m33 version"

I downloaded the official psp 3.71 firmware

I placed the 3.71 firmware *EBOOT.bin* to the root of my memory stick

I ran PSARDumper, and it decrypted it.

I went into the F0 folder, and copied the files it told me to from the 3.40-3.72 area

I put 340 at the end of the names "340.prx"

When I tried loading the 3.71 firmware in pops, the mem stick flashes, and that's it, it just sits there.

Now, I went into my seplugins folder, and changed the 340's to 371's "blabla371.prx"

Ran pops again, I picked 371, and it still froze :(

I'm trying to run Rockman X3 which previously ran with no problems on my psp fat, and running an earlier firmware which I can't remember off the top of my head.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time.

EDIT - GOT IT!!!

I was supposed to put the files in seplugins/popstation folder, not just inthe seplugins folder, and they had to have the 3.71 name in them

Rockman X3 works now :)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I heard we need to have "keys.bin" file somewhere on the memory stick. Although I have the file I am not to sure what it is for and where which folder I am suppose to place it. Can someone tell me where to put the file and what purpose it serves? Thanks

BTW: Thanks x3sphere. Ur awesome. This really helped me understand more.

The keys.bin should go inside of the game's folder. Although all of the newer converters don't require a keys.bin.

If you followed this guide here to convert your PSOne games, then you won't need a keys.bin:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=2047

natoto

hi

Hi everyone i am having a problem with the popsloader
i am using 3.90 m33-2
3.80 m33 popsloaderv2
and i want to play breath of fire 4 and when the game start i press the R button and the pops screen came out, and i press 3.30 to start the game but it cant start and the whole page jam. i try it with other verison 3.71 3.72 it all came out the same result jam at the page. So can anyone help me pls!! thx

finalheavenxi

On step number 5 of this guide it says to put the "eboot.pbp" into the root menu of the memory stick. When you said "eboot.pbp" do you mean we must change the firmware downloaded from step number 4 into that name, "eboot"? For example, if I downloaded firmware "3.71.pbp" do I change the file name into "EBOOT.PBP"? (The file automatcially downloads as "3.71.pbp" when I click 3.71 firmware.)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
On step number 5 of this guide it says to put the "eboot.pbp" into the root menu of the memory stick. When you said "eboot.pbp" do you mean we must change the firmware downloaded from step number 4 into that name, "eboot"? For example, if I downloaded firmware "3.71.pbp" do I change the file name into "EBOOT.PBP"? (The file automatcially downloads as "3.71.pbp" when I click 3.71 firmware.)

Yes you need to save the file as "EBOOT.PBP"

Hi everyone i am having a problem with the popsloader
i am using 3.90 m33-2
3.80 m33 popsloaderv2
and i want to play breath of fire 4 and when the game start i press the R button and the pops screen came out, and i press 3.30 to start the game but it cant start and the whole page jam. i try it with other verison 3.71 3.72 it all came out the same result jam at the page. So can anyone help me pls!! thx

Do any games work with popsloader for you or is it just BoF IV that is the problem? If the latter, I'm guessing you have a corrupted ISO/BIN file.

Dan The Gir Man

Supper faaast

Hey, thanks for the details, without the poploader thing, my FFVII would go to the main menu, I'd click new game, and it'll just go in a black screen.
However, despite it working.. everything is stupidly fast, the music is really hyper and the movies just fly by, any tips?
thanks in advance.

jdjfollower

hey. I have done everything that you have told me to do to install popsloader. i have 3.90 M33-2 firmware and i am trying to install the 3.71 popsloader. I did everything but when I go to recovery mode and enter plugins, nothing appears. I just tells me to go back to the previous menu. I have followed everything and yet the plugin doesnt apper. Can you please help me?

Biodeo

Thanks for the writeup, I found it rather useful due to the lack of instructions in any of Dark_Alex's releases.

I've been having the same problem a lot of posters have had, when I select a version in Poploader while loading a game, there's a brief bit of memory stick activity and then a system crash. I've made sure to follow the instructions to the letter and read through this whole thread looking for something I may have missed.

Fat PSP using 3.90 M33-2, 3.80 M33 Popsloader Version 2, PSAR Dumper downloaded from this thread

Tried 3.10, 3.70 and 3.71

Copied the 3-4 files from the PSAR dump to X:\seplugins\popsloader, giving them the appropriate version suffix

Choosing to use the default 3.90 popsloader allows the game to boot

Oddly, using 3.10 results in far more memory stick usage before the crash. It flashes for about 1 1/2 seconds while the other 2 just blip

The only guess I have is that something is going wrong during the PSAR dump. I'm sorry if I'm being out of line on your forums, but would anyone be willing to throw up a copy of known working prx files? Any other ideas would be helpful.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks for the writeup, I found it rather useful due to the lack of instructions in any of Dark_Alex's releases.

I've been having the same problem a lot of posters have had, when I select a version in Poploader while loading a game, there's a brief bit of memory stick activity and then a system crash. I've made sure to follow the instructions to the letter and read through this whole thread looking for something I may have missed.

Fat PSP using 3.90 M33-2, 3.80 M33 Popsloader Version 2, PSAR Dumper downloaded from this thread

Tried 3.10, 3.70 and 3.71

Copied the 3-4 files from the PSAR dump to X:\seplugins\popsloader, giving them the appropriate version suffix

Choosing to use the default 3.90 popsloader allows the game to boot

Oddly, using 3.10 results in far more memory stick usage before the crash. It flashes for about 1 1/2 seconds while the other 2 just blip

The only guess I have is that something is going wrong during the PSAR dump. I'm sorry if I'm being out of line on your forums, but would anyone be willing to throw up a copy of known working prx files? Any other ideas would be helpful.

We can't share files from the extracted PSAR dump as it contains copyrighted files. What brand memory stick do you have? Popsloader doesn't work with Lexar memory sticks.

Also try a different game to rule out the possibility of a bad dump.

Biodeo

We can't share files from the extracted PSAR dump as it contains copyrighted files. What brand memory stick do you have? Popsloader doesn't work with Lexar memory sticks.

Also try a different game to rule out the possibility of a bad dump.

I understand. I use a 4gb Sandisk stick.

I tried using other games to confirm there wasn't an issue. All of the games I've tried will boot without popsloader, some of them just won't do much from then on (Vagrant Story hangs on the first load screen.)

I noticed 3 different options in PSAR depending on which key you pressed, could using the wrong option have dumped unusable prx files?