• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

I have (x) invites to (y)

eighty4

5 torrents is bullshit.
I have 525 seeding on my server now.

Let's share it. :D

I hate seeding my torrents this way through Transmission. Especially with FiOS - I get an average of 80KB/s uploaded and takes forever for me to get a 1:1 ratio on anything I download. I have to do the sneaky trick of placing a RS download in the download folder of the torrent so it checks for existing data etc.

TacticalPenguin

"I have to do the sneaky trick of placing a RS download in the download folder of the torrent so it checks for existing data etc."
Explain? I don't get it.

Also, add me to the share the server list please :D

I'm in an even worse state than hiratai......his upload is my download and my uploadi s 15KBps max.

eighty4

You'd download the file(s) and place them where a torrent would be opened. For example if I got thisisatestfile.txt from RS and got the torrent from what.cd, I would place the RS download in ~/Storage - where my torrents open. That way Transmission thinks I already downloaded the same file and wont download any actual data from other people but in part will upload to the people who are downloading it.

nights

Yes...isn't that ratio cheating? And isn't it bannable on most if not all trackers?

eighty4

No - ratio cheating is something else, which I still haven't touched base one. Many people on what.cd willingly admit to doing this; there's even a thread where one user talks about it as his strategy to becoming a Power User in 20 days.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
wont that fuck up their files tho? like if you did it w/a rar

Chathurga

If it's the wrong file then the hash checks on your client will fail and it won't send it to anyone else. If you bypass this and force your client to send the wrong parts then the receivers hash checks will fail and most clients ban peers that send bad packets too many times.

Sullivan

Guys, can you help me on this:

Sort the following formats from highest to lowest average Bitrate::
a. 320 kb/s MP3
b. 192 kb/s MP3
c. FLAC
d. V0
e. V2

Those who help, get my first invite.

EDIT: I believe it is in this order: C, A, D, B, E

eighty4

a. 320 kb/s MP3
b. 192 kb/s MP3
c. FLAC
d. V0
e. V2

You don't get an invite from the start.

RoBz

sucker

a. 320 kb/s MP3
b. 192 kb/s MP3
c. FLAC
d. V0
e. V2

Ahem...LEARN THESE THINGS BEFORE YOU TAKE THE TEST AGAIN.

Sullivan

Are those right Robz? And I know I won't get an invite from the start, but I will get one right away!

TacticalPenguin

a. 320 kb/s MP3
b. 192 kb/s MP3
c. FLAC
d. V0
e. V2

1. You're borderline wrong depending on what you call V2. I would specify that while V2 has an average of ABOUT 190kbps, it is not always and can be higher or lower, but at any of those it almost always beats 192kbps MP3.
2. You won't get an invite until you upload at least 25G or donate money
3. Learn that shit. Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase:Main Page - Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase
They give you a link to EVERYTHING you need to know as far as bitrates go in the very IRC channel where you get interviewed.