• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

"I watched this film today and I recommend/don't recommend it."

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
I saw "The Blues Brothers" yesterday. It wasn't that good, but the music was great. I especially loved Cab Calloway's rendition of Minnie the Moocher.

Hellcat

Contributor
I just recently saw "The Island".
That's a good movie IMO and with a running time of approx. 130min. you have quite some time to spend with it :)

What I liked was that when I thought the story summarized on the cover was at it's end the movie continued and told how things went further beyond the main plot.

twelve

I'm not dead
I saw "The Blues Brothers" yesterday. It wasn't that good, but the music was great. I especially loved Cab Calloway's rendition of Minnie the Moocher.
What do you mean his rendition? He wrote it in 1931.

The Blues Brothers is one of my favourite films, I went and saw a live stage show last Wednesday where it was completely ruined by having 4 women as backup singers when the songs really shouldn't have backup vocals. And then one of them butchered Think by Aretha Franklin. To top it all off half the songs they performed weren't even in the film and a lot of them didn't even fit the period/style (they did Mustang Sally ffs).

Anyway I fully recommend The Blues Brothers film to absolutely anyone, regardless of your music and film tastes.

Has anyone seen Role Models yet? I'm planning to go see it sometime this week.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991

The Blues Brothers is one of my favourite films, I went and saw a live stage show last Wednesday where it was completely ruined by having 4 women as backup singers when the songs really shouldn't have backup vocals. And then one of them butchered Think by Aretha Franklin. To top it all off half the songs they performed weren't even in the film and a lot of them didn't even fit the period/style (they did Mustang Sally ffs).

Anyway I fully recommend The Blues Brothers film to absolutely anyone, regardless of your music and film tastes.

+1, Blues Brothers is an incredible movie.

I saw Role Models and it was surprisingly amazing... It's the funniest thing I've seen since Anchorman. I was not expecting it to be good at all, but it was hilarious.

Serideth

I was showing my girl Old Boy today (she had never seen it) she loved it though, everyone should see this movie.

Teowulf

I know he did. I meant his rendition of it in the movie, ie with him being old and everything, was different than the usual... cameo probably would've been a better word.

Moose

Meta Moose
I've watched both Iron Man and The Dark Knight on Blu-Ray in the past couple of days. Iron Man had that annoying grainy thing happening but The Dark Knight was stunning.

Serideth

I need to get the Dark Knight on blu-ray, might see if I can nab it off a friend, I'd say it was amazing to watch.

Slasher

Suck It
The last movie I saw was Valkyrie I think. It was alright, it wasn't exactly spectacular but I was satisfied

Serideth

The last movie I saw was Valkyrie I think. It was alright, it wasn't exactly spectacular but I was satisfied

I really want to see that, is it worth going to the cinema for or would I be better off just downloading it sometime?

Really don't like going to the cinema unless it's something really worth my while.

Teowulf

Just saw Jerry Maguire for the first time today. I really enjoyed it, and would highly recommend it.

Slasher

Suck It
I really want to see that, is it worth going to the cinema for or would I be better off just downloading it sometime?

Really don't like going to the cinema unless it's something really worth my while.

I'm not really one to be convincing people whether to go to the movies or not since my expectations don't always fit those of others. I could probably see just about any movie out there and think it was pretty good by the end of it :p

I'd say it's worth the trip, but don't take my word for it :laugh:

Serideth

I'm not really one to be convincing people whether to go to the movies or not since my expectations don't always fit those of others. I could probably see just about any movie out there and think it was pretty good by the end of it :p

I'd say it's worth the trip, but don't take my word for it :laugh:

I think I'll just wait for it to come out on blueray in that case.