• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

If this girl doesn't stop eating meat soon I might stop seeing her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serideth

She shouldn't have to be at all, Gutya is saying he doesn't want to be with a girl who eats meat, I don't see anything wrong with that at all.

Go into the what turns you off thread and people gave all sorts of reasons. I fully support Gutya in his crusade for pure love.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
than he should dump her, not attempt to force change onto her, plain and simple, either ask her to become a vegan, and if she says no, say good bye, but it's a very low and stupid reason imo

Chathurga

than he should dump her, not attempt to force change onto her, plain and simple, either ask her to become a vegan, and if she says no, say good bye, but it's a very low and stupid reason imo

If someone was a serial murder, wouldn't you break up with them? This is NO different.

Serideth

Are you joking? Maybe she wants to change and just needs a bit of a shove in the right direction.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Then she's obviously messing Gutya around and he should dump her.

i guess that's where we'd disagree, it doesn't sound like gutya is willing to meet half way, and with no response to if he's even told her yet and her reaction, than we can not make judgement if she'd meet half-way, or all the way

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Gutya,

Bottom line is people have to want to change and you're kidding yourself if you're trying to justify staying with someone in the hope that they'll come around. Assuming you've already spoken about it with her and you've decided that you can't continue as is then your only option is to move one.

Anyways, why do people feel the need to say things like the below? It's ignorant and totally invalidates any point being made after the fact.
You're a fag, and dumb if ...
your an complete idiot if...

Serideth

Gutya, I had a great idea, invite her over and cook for her, but do those fake meat burgers (the ones that are made from corn bread and vegetables) chances are she won't notice the difference, and when she really enjoys it you can tell her and she will not only be impressed with you but she will probably stick to them ;)

seriously that statement is completely illogical. Do really believe that someone who kills humans for jollies is the same as someone who eats meat? its just the food chain imo if there was something bigger and more advanced than us and eat us for nourishment well thats just the food chain the strong survive.(lol that was sort of a rant but megh) Like alot of people have said just talk to her about it if she doesnt want to and you cant live with her eating meat then you have to move on simple as that

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
dont try to force the issue, or you will come off as preachy, pushy, and a jackass. either grow up, and accept your differences, or dump her.

Darth Budd

Inna-Gadda-Davida
dont try to force the issue, or you will come off as preachy, pushy, and a jackass. either grow up, and accept your differences, or dump her.

Then grow up anyway. Not everyone believes in the same stuff you do, not everyone thinks like you do. If people could realize that, the world would be a whole lot better.

Gutya

Yes NeilR I think it's pathetic that people like Joey have to bring homophobic remarks into a perfectly civil discussion, some people are just still childish like that I guess, nothing we can do.

Serideth I might try that, thanks.

However it's not the same if I trick her or find her alternatives, she needs to accept the vegan lifestyle as a whole and she will one way or another.

Serideth

Yes NeilR I think it's pathetic that people like Joey have to bring homophobic remarks into a perfectly civil discussion, some people are just still childish like that I guess, nothing we can do.

However it's not the same if I trick her or find her alternatives, she needs to accept the vegan lifestyle as a whole and she will one way or another.

Have you tried showing her some videos from organizations such as PETA? After watching them I went vegan, they're real eye openers.

Darth Budd

Inna-Gadda-Davida

What the hell? You can't just force your lifestyle on someone else.

SeanyP

i don't understand why anyone would be agreeing with the gutya on the fact that this girl needs to stop eating meat. unless your a vegan yourself really.
but at the end of the day it's personal choice, if you really don't like her eating meat then shes not right for you. she shouldn't have to change for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.