• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

inFAMOUS

Seth

MD Party Room
Release Date: 05/01/2009
ESRB Rating: Rating Pending
Genre: Action
Publisher: SCEA
Developer: Sucker Punch

I feel this is the next exclusive that will put push ps3's sales...Let just hope it not a huge disappointment..:p

ign said:
General Features

* Be a Hero: Take on the role of Cole, an everyday guy and urban explorer, who develops a wide range of electricity-based powers. Learn how to adapt to Cole’s evolving powers in an attempt to save Empire City and its people.
* Super Powers: Feel what it is like to discover, grow and use a wide range of electricity-based super powers (good or bad); and grasp the responsibility that comes from being so powerful.
* Epic Battles: Experience what it is like to be a true hero, taking responsibility for every action, as players battle against powerful iconic villains.
* Open Dynamic World: Coupling rich powers with a reactive environment and population, experience complete freedom to explore a deep, open interactive city. Players will be challenged to decide if they choose to save or destroy Empire City.
* Urban exploration: Scale the cityscape to discover new vantage points and employ a vertical combat system. Utilize Cole’s climbing skills to go where most people can not, opening up a variety of offensive and defensive combat options.
* Organic, City Ecology: Watch the citizens and city react and evolve depending on players’ actions. Events will unfold based on the role players take in them, creating broader reactions in the city’s people and environment.

Cryox

Bro.
my friend showed me this game a couple months before Christmas. It looks like a promising game.

If another 360 fails on me, i guess i'll be able to play this game. :)

Sullivan

Damn, so its gone for good now? For the time being?

Whisper

Logic :(
I have a reviewer on my friends list who's playing infamous as I post. To bad he has to keep mum about it.

Slasher

Suck It
So I think this game is released now, right?

How is it??

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess it isn't released just yet.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
The demo was one of the best demos I've ever played, managed to get over an hour of playtime on a single playthrough...the game itself was really cool and the demo gave a good taste of what the game will be like, it seemed.

Luckily I have it on reserve, but now I know this will be a Day 1 purchase for me.

Joey

The demo was damn good, but like Crackdown, I see the novelty wearing off very quickly. No way I buy this game.

The control was excellent though. Climbing buildings was easier than crackdown, but as visually appealing as Assassin's Creed. Very impressive.

Like I said though, I think I've already exausted all the fun I'd have with this game just playing the demo. The missions were the worst part.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I wanted to try this out last night, but it must have been months since I turned on my PS3 so I had to do a system update before downloading this and after like 30 minutes I gave up to go to bed. I look forward to trying to out tonight possibly though.

Riorio99

I don't know why, but I didn't enjoy the demo. I'll play it a couple more times, because I was rushed the first time, so don't take my experience as gospel just yet.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
I enjoyed the demo but I kinda felt like the dude was over-powered.

I was under the impression that he was at the height of his power, or at least close to it in the demo. If you go into the Powers menu, it says all the stuff is already Purchased.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I wanted to try this out last night, but it must have been months since I turned on my PS3 so I had to do a system update before downloading this and after like 30 minutes I gave up to go to bed. I look forward to trying to out tonight possibly though.

To that I say "FUCK!" - the one thing I hate about the system, the updates to it take forever (still need to update my PS3's wireless with my new router key) and still need to pick up some games for the system.

I don't see any point in buying inFamous as Prototype is right around the corner, which IMO, will be the better of the two games

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Yeah it's annoying for sure.

I played it and it's cool, but like Joey I feel it got a little repetitive towards the end.

Scorned

I might be picking it up, from what i played in the demo it was pretty good, and i've heard it compared well to Spiderman 2, which from what i played was a pretty decent superhero game.