• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

inFAMOUS

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
To that I say "FUCK!" - the one thing I hate about the system, the updates to it take forever (still need to update my PS3's wireless with my new router key) and still need to pick up some games for the system.

I don't see any point in buying inFamous as Prototype is right around the corner, which IMO, will be the better of the two games

I doubt it. I've been following it too and it just looks kinda of boring and the storyline seems stupid. Although you could probably make that argument for both games. I'll bet that the reviews aren't as good as inFamous, though.

Riorio99

Okay, I sat down and played through it properly a couple of times, and IMO, it will be one of the best games on the system so far.
It's like Assassins Creed meets Spiderman 2, but playing as Electro instead of Spidy.

I thouroughly enjoyed it, and I will be purchasing it.

Vee

I thought this game was a great first attempt, but it had a few niggling things about it that has stopped me from getting the game. I'm going to wait for Prototype and see if that does better.

Graphics were good though and some of the novelties were good. But they were just that, novelties. The main meat to this game; the levels, were boring.

twelve

I'm not dead
I haven't played the demo yet but I'll most likely end up getting this and prototype, especially if they're anything like Crackdown which is still my favourite game of this generation.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I found the building climbing a little bit of a letdown. You could basically just spam the jump button and make your way up every surface.

Vee

I found the building climbing a little bit of a letdown. You could basically just spam the jump button and make your way up every surface.

To be it didn't feel like a human climbing, it was more like a monkey.

They should have done what Assassins Creed/Prototype had. Make it based off actual parkour.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I'm a fan of sandbox games so I'll be picking this and Prototype up, but imo they are two completely different games. inFamous is all about electricity, and Prototype is about transforming. Its like saying Saints Row 2 is the same thing as GTA4. They are two different experiences in the same type of world.

I liked the inFamous demo, but I thought the main character was a bit sluggish. I took a break from the mission and just started to cause havoc and it was fun. It really does feel like a mix of 3 quarters Spiderman 2 and a quarter of GTA4

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'm debating on whether or not to pick it up. The demo didn't do much for me even though I was looking forward to it.

Fives

i need to get this demo, i've only seen videos and it seems amazing.

PSPHax0r9

Picked it up today, liking the game so far. And I was right about the demo, certain powers were maxed out there. In the game you start with almost nothing and have o build up your powers, it's much more natural.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I read the Eurogamer review before playing the demo and this was stuck in my mind throughout. Sadly, it made the electricity theme seem not so cool.

Excerpt:
If you rub away the labels, for instance, most of the abilities Cole can deploy in attack are just analogues for traditional third-person weaponry. The default zap attack is a rifle round, the heavier one is a rocket launcher, the grenade is a grenade, and the precision shot is a sniper scope with slow-motion.

Dan

Contributor
Like Abe, i really don't know whether to pick this up or not. To me, it sounds as if it's being overhyped like Haze. I liked the demo though, but the story just didn't seem very decent.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I play games for the mindless action fun nowadays, since stories rarely interest me.
I like Sucker Punch, and I wanted to try out the Uncharted demo so I ended up getting inFamous.

btw is it pronounced "in fay-mous" (because of the capitalization) or "in-fi-mous"

PSPHax0r9

I read the Eurogamer review before playing the demo and this was stuck in my mind throughout. Sadly, it made the electricity theme seem not so cool.
I think that was kind of the intent - do a third person shooter but with a different spin. But the other abilities and weapons you unlock later on are also very unique.

Like Abe, i really don't know whether to pick this up or not. To me, it sounds as if it's being overhyped like Haze. I liked the demo though, but the story just didn't seem very decent.
Just check the review scores to see that it isn't Haze...

And I have to say, I've been playing this game all day and the story is something that's impressed me now that I'm farther along. It takes a little while to get going but it's actually really, really involved. This I was not expecting.

I play games for the mindless action fun nowadays, since stories rarely interest me.
I like Sucker Punch, and I wanted to try out the Uncharted demo so I ended up getting inFamous.

btw is it pronounced "in fay-mous" (because of the capitalization) or "in-fi-mous"

Just like the word, infamous. The capitalization is just to emphasize the good/evil, but it isn't pronounced any differently.

Just thought I would come in here and post after an outrageously long session with this game. I am really enjoying it. If you are on the fence about getting this game I would highly recommend it.

Seth

MD Party Room
I just bought it online and am waiting for it to ship.

So far every review is giving it 9.0+ Ign,Gamespot,Xplay. Cant wait to play it.

Whisper

Logic :(
I have 15 hours invested so far. My friend left it at my house and we play when he comes over. Very fun if played with company. I haven't tried it alone.