• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Introducing points system (EXP) and cross platform leaderboards

GENiEBEN

While I may no longer be top 5 for the foreseeable future, at least there aren't 0 EXP games anymore, so that's something.
Have you thought of adding bonus EXP for 100% games?

Edit: Will it be possible to add an 'EXP left to unlock for started games' under the Stats page?

Last edited:

xPETEZx

Yes, it's possible to add the global unlock percentage for Steam. I think we could add it for Xbox and Google Play as well. And I just realized this stat isn't showing in the beta style yet (only on the old style), I'll get it added soon.

I'll see about adjusting the point allocation for the Blizzard games, since they are an exception. Could avoid giving EXP to achievements that don't give any points in the game, if that would be better?
Brilliant, I look forward to seeing those stats for Steam too.

Yes I think that would be a great solution. Any achievement that does not give points in-game, stands to reason it should not give them here either.
I am not sure the API brings over what 'category' an achievement is from, but any of the ones listed in game as "Feats of Strength" should be excluded in my opinion.

Thanks for the great work.

JSoup

However, some games seem to have taken a real hit, like Star Craft 2. This game has like 2500+ achievements apparently, but the vast majority of those will be "feats of strength" so ones that dont give points in the game, and often cant be earned after a certain point.
Clarification request:
Are you saying that the majority will be FoS earns because that's what people here mostly earn? That's true of me, I haven't really had time to dig into SC2, so it will happen.
Or are you saying that FoS make up the majority of SC2 achievements total? Because that's incorrect: https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Achievements

Last edited:

xPETEZx

Clarification request:
Are you saying that the majority will be FoS earns because that's what people here mostly earn? That's true of me, I haven't really had time to dig into SC2, so it will happen.
Or are you saying that FoS make up the majority of SC2 achievements total? Because that's incorrect: https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Achievements
[/QUOTE]

SC2 apparently has 2500+ achievements, yet the highest any player has earned is like 840~.
I know I have completed a good chunk of them, and I 'only' have 767.
I already posted another topic about an issue whereby some 'stacked' achievements (IE ones where you have 10 wins, 25, 50, 100 etc) only give credit for the highest earned. So if you have achieved 100 wins, you may only show as having that, rather than also 10, 25 and 50.
Perhaps that could contribute.

It just seems odd that on a site like this the highest anybody has is 33%~. This is why I thought perhaps the FoS ones could be to 'blame', as there are lots in there for playing SC2 on a certain day or watching an event.

JSoup

SC2 apparently has 2500+ achievements, yet the highest any player has earned is like 840~.
I know I have completed a good chunk of them, and I 'only' have 767.
I already posted another topic about an issue whereby some 'stacked' achievements (IE ones where you have 10 wins, 25, 50, 100 etc) only give credit for the highest earned. So if you have achieved 100 wins, you may only show as having that, rather than also 10, 25 and 50.
Perhaps that could contribute.

It just seems odd that on a site like this the highest anybody has is 33%~. This is why I thought perhaps the FoS ones could be to 'blame', as there are lots in there for playing SC2 on a certain day or watching an event.
[/QUOTE]

Without looking, I'm going to take a guess and say most people played the normal mode and called it quits after that. The difficulty levels for SC2 ramp pretty hard, so it would discourage casual players. Toss in the FoS and there we go, 700 to 800 range.

On the topic of stacked achievements, if we ever get Guild Wars 2 tracking here, that's going to be an issues. 90% of the achievements are of the stacked variety.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
The new points seems to be very good. But why are exp booster games on google play getting points now?
They should all show 0 EXP now.