• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone/iPod Touch General Discussion

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
Lol, somehow I've managed to break my iTouch. Not a clue how. It's a 2G, and all of a sudden it's just showing the screen it did when I first got it telling me to connect it to iTunes. I've tried, but the Pc isn't picking it up and the screen is staying the same. I don't think it's the cable because it can charge fine through the plug adaptor. (When you plug it in, the screen turns on.) I guess I'll just have to get another off warrenty. Still really annoying.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
I'm confused, is this progress on the iPhone Dev-Teams jailbreak or is it just the Chronic equivalent?

Chronic dev team and iPhone dev team are neck and neck right now. I don't know that many developments with the iPhone dev team as they haven't updated anything in about a week. Chronic is basically 2 weeks behind the iPhone dev team, but since the iPhone dev team probably hasn't made any progress lately, I'm pretty sure they're equivalent right now.

Additional Comment:
Lol, somehow I've managed to break my iTouch. Not a clue how. It's a 2G, and all of a sudden it's just showing the screen it did when I first got it telling me to connect it to iTunes. I've tried, but the Pc isn't picking it up and the screen is staying the same. I don't think it's the cable because it can charge fine through the plug adaptor. (When you plug it in, the screen turns on.) I guess I'll just have to get another off warrenty. Still really annoying.

At least yours turns on, lol. I should be getting mine sometime this week, hopefully.

Seth

MD Party Room
Firmware 2.2.1 is out for iPod touch, iPod touch 2G, iPhone, and iPhone 3G.

DO NOT UPGRADE YET IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR JAILBREAK

New Features Include
-Improved Safari Stability
-Fixed AAC playback issues
-Fixed bug keeping images from Mail saving

Firmware 2.2.1 will remove your jailbreak, so don't click that button yet, and wait for an update to PwnageTool or QuickPwn by the iPhone Dev Team.

Robby

Los Doyers!

Same thing happen to mines when updating it. I just restored it.

Mister Chief

Firmware 2.2.1 is out for iPod touch, iPod touch 2G, iPhone, and iPhone 3G.

DO NOT UPGRADE YET IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR JAILBREAK

New Features Include
-Improved Safari Stability
-Fixed AAC playback issues
-Fixed bug keeping images from Mail saving

Firmware 2.2.1 will remove your jailbreak, so don't click that button yet, and wait for an update to PwnageTool or QuickPwn by the iPhone Dev Team.

Only 3g users have to watch out for that update. 1g iPhone users don't have to worry since development has ceased on their basebands. Touch users also don't have to worry.

Vee

I'm liking the news of iPhone 2,1.

They were 100% last time they reported this. They said that in the code, it mentioned a iPod 2,1. That later turned out to be the new iPod.

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
Damn, I was hoping to get an iphone in the future whenever I get a job and I would like to jailbreak it. Hopefully these new ones can be jailbroken because I don't think im going to get a job anytime soon.

Additional Comment:
Damnn, Apple is and has been raping the cracked apps scene for a while now. Links go down faster then I can download them.

madsoul

ah man...!

got a late birthday present yesterday and got really glad. i got these:

2.jpg

i had read some reviews on apples new earphones and thought it couldnt be THAT bad. i mean, for $79.00 you should get good sound quality. atleast the reviews said it would be alot better then apple old ones.

i have been using creative ep-630 for a long while and i love them, and they cost like around $29.00 here in sweden. and god damn, they sound 300% better in every way! the sound in these new earhphones sucks beyond everything! the bass is like almost gone. the rich sound and distant is gone. sounds like your listening in some cheap shit you could get for free with the ipod. DAMN! and i so loved the design and comfort! fuck you apple for only thinking about the look, not the quality of what its supposed to do.

but i do like the controller, besides that you look like an idiot when you change volume or song since the controll almost up against your ear. the mic and recorder is really nice though. the sound quality is good for such a small mic.

so in other words.... do not buy this shit. ! buy creative ep earphones instead.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Anyone know how quick retail iPhones get updated.
Like if I were to buy one in the next month, would it have 2.2.1 firmware?

Seth

MD Party Room
Really depends on the stock of the store but yea they should be updated within a month or a little more.

Sullivan

Only 3g users have to watch out for that update. 1g iPhone users don't have to worry since development has ceased on their basebands. Touch users also don't have to worry.

2nd generation ipod touches too.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
iPhone 3G users shouldn't update because it patches the baseband exploit, which can't be rolled back like the firmware.

EDIT: @mohass05: Can't we still downgrade? Just restore to a lower firmware?

The baseband can't be rolled back. You just answered your own question.