• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone/iPod Touch General Discussion

Robby

Los Doyers!
So that windows guide you posted is working or not working?

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Well, now it's working. Two people got it. It's just really really hard to comprehend...

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'm gonna wait for a video to pop up.
This is my first time attempting a jailbreak so I don't want to mess anything up.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Yeah, I just tried it and it didn't work. I almost bricked and I had a hard time entering back into DFU mode. I'm going to wait for a video.

Additional Comment:
....And I am Jailbroken. :D

If you guys need any help, just IM me.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Any applications guys that aren't too complicated but could possibly get hit pretty well? I'm in the middle of a few projects that are causing issues so I'm open to coding other apps at the moment. Just can't be too complicated since Obj-C is giving me a run for my money.

eighty4

I don't think their are any purely awesome Cydia apps. I use Winterboard, Respring and Installous off it. That's about it.

Kyle0wnsyou

Lavate las manooos!!
I don't think their are any purely awesome Cydia apps. I use Winterboard, Respring and Installous off it. That's about it.

Whaat? ditch Respring and go for SBSettings (unless of course you've weighed your own personal pro's and con's and decided against it)

Qik is free live video streaming from your iPhone camera. It's really impressive, all video you record gets buffered onto your phone, and uploaded to the Qik.com servers. You can choose whether or not you want the videos public or private.

Also, LiveClock is just a theming niche, it displays hour-minute-second hands on the analog clock icon of your choice.

There's also a live weather icon, but I don't use it.

Whisper

Logic :(
How can I tell how much system memory I have free? I want to install a load of roms on my itouch but I'm fearful I will overload it. Is there any restrictions that I should know about? *I have the GBA emulator working if anyone needs help.

Also what is the big difference between cydia and the installer?

Whisper

Logic :(
Installer isn't supported anymore and just go to General > About to find how much free space you have.

It says 6.1 gbs. I'm worried that adding around 500 mb of roms would kill my itouch.

A student at school warned me I would run out of system memory which is "different". :huh: