• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone/iPod Touch General Discussion

Sullivan

Re: iPhone/iPod Touch Discussion Thread

So is the "springboard" just the motherboard, or what do you refer to it?

Seth

MD Party Room
So is the "springboard" just the motherboard, or what do you refer to it?

SpringBoard is the program that allows you to launch applications from the homescreen.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
MY video look fine....

Maybe you converter...

They look washed out compared to the original source. It's not really fatal, but there's a difference and it's bothersome. It doesn't play that way in VLC or any other player but Quicktime and iTunes. So I'm worried that it'll transfer over to the iPod when I sync.

Handbrake IMO. HandBrake

I use it to convert videos into iTouch format for my G1 :D

Great App. But the only problem is that it only does DVDs, if it could do more, like mkv and avi, it'd be alot better...

Sullivan

well my ipod just got here right at 6, so i have been playing with it all night, i have almost got all the free apps i like. I hope jailbrake comes out soon though...

Any recommendations for anything? I love the pandoras app!

Seth

MD Party Room
I can convert straight from video files...

Well don't i feel like an idiot. I've been searching for a decent video-to-video transcoder and it's been right in front of me the whole time...

Handbrake #1 for me. (Open source too!)

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Videora is pretty good, but it's slow as hell. It took 3.5 hours to convert The Dark Knight, but besides that, it's I like it.

I got my Touch yesterday, and it's the best device I've ever bought.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
What's a good site to get the latest news for hacks?

Seth

MD Party Room
ipodtouchfans.com

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Hey guys, I'm in the process of deciding if it's worth it to just go ahead and become a full standard developer for the iPhone... I don't know if any of you remember my old homebrew game?

I'm thinking that I could possibly port it to iPhone/Touch. But if I did, then I would probably release for free, or at least a dollar depending on what kind of response I get after releasing a Lite version.

Do you guys think it's worth it to try porting? I guess it must have been good at one point, because I remember that when the article for it was written on QJ, there were 300+ downloads in one night... :eek: