• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Kernel Exploits and 6.30

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Oh, I thought you meant like finding exploits. It made no sense to me.

and Wii code is pretty half assed... Even I could find an exploit in Wii code xD (and I'm no programmed xD)... It was an old exploit, can't even remember which it was... I do know it involved math though xD

niteight

Users are nonsensical,irresponsible & punished?Who gave anyone the right to make this judgement? lol One might also make the argument that a lot of the elitist self righteous devs & community members are a huge reason why new devs don't join or want to be a part of the community.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Users are nonsensical,irresponsible & punished?Who gave anyone the right to make this judgement? lol One might also make the argument that a lot of the elitist self righteous devs & community members are a huge reason why new devs don't join or want to be a part of the community.

They only reason they don't want to join is because they won't be appriciated...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
That may be.But their sure seems to be a lot of animosity in this community & the attacking goes both ways.

The community is pretty much dead though...

Bubbletune

At least on the wii scene you don't have to listen to the the tired old mantra "piracy is killing the psp" as if the R4,JTAG,USB-Loader,etc. are incalculable anomalies that somehow existed without destroying the consoles.
Maybe some people need to quit attacking everyone's motives & start questioning their own.
It's commendable to ask that people support & respect the proprieters of the software & code that they enjoy.But it makes them no less hypocritical to violate someone's TOS just to try to self impose their own.
If some of the devs are contributing to allow people more freedom with the hardware they OWN & doing it out of the spirit of generosity & freedom of choice then I personally would like to thank you because you have the very best of goodwill & intentions.You have the gratitude & admiration of myself & many others.
To those who are only doing it for respect,recognition,praise & the conform to my beliefs & obey my wishes attitude that they feel entitles them to try to exert their own control.They should really take a look in the mirror & ask themselves why they are really doing this & if their motives are really any more honorable than the people they keep condemning.

Great freedom comes with great responsibility. When the HEN was released we begged people to use it responsibly. Instead, lamers came by for their daily dosage of fame and enabled piracy to the wide public, including the low life scum that sells our hard work for prices all the way up to 50$. It's sick, it's not taking responsibility, and it's completely going in against Team Typhoon's wishes.

Still, they're free to do so, we live in a free world. However, we are also free to rant all we want and do everything in our reach to make sure our opinion on this matter gets out.

LocutusEstBorg

Dark_AleX was the first, only he did it quietly, he just walked away and left you all hanging. It was his way of punishing all of you.

Huh? DAX didn't have anything to do with the userbase and had nothing to be pissed about... His work was exactly what the users wanted. Aside from the scene drama between the other developers, it seems more like he just got bored and quit. Right up to the very end till he released a properly documented version of VLF.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Huh? DAX didn't have anything to do with the userbase and had nothing to be pissed about... His work was exactly what the users wanted. Aside from the scene drama between the other developers, it seems more like he just got bored and quit. Right up to the very end till he released a properly documented version of VLF.

Even DaX was part of the drama and you know it, I'm still convinced that he got tired of the scene and not bored with it... Between his issues with PS3news and HellDashX/Miriam (among others), he was the one of those who got more disrespected in the scene. Either because people used his work without crediting him, because they used his work for other uses (see Bubbletune's post about re-seeling CFW) or because people were unappriciative of his work. I do not think just one of this things were the cause, of think all of them combined were.

LocutusEstBorg

including the low life scum that sells our hard work for prices all the way up to 50$. It's sick, it's not taking responsibility, and it's completely going in against Team Typhoon's wishes.

You won't believe the shit that goes on here. People only buy smuggled electronics in India and consoles are almost only sold pre-modded.

They sell PSP-3000s with HEN and CFWEnabler activated and tell people not to restart it. If they do restart the PSP, they have to go back to the shop and pay them 150 bucks and the guy runs HEN again.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
you won't believe the shit that goes on here. People only buy smuggled electronics in india and consoles are almost only sold pre-modded.

They sell psp-3000s with hen and cfwenabler activated and tell people not to restart it. If they do restart the psp, they have to go back to the shop and pay them 150 bucks and the guy runs hen again.

what the fuck?!

niteight

It's also not hard to find sites that charge people to unlock or jailbreak their iphone,or install the homebrew channel on their wii.But I believe it was P.T. Barnum that said there's a sucker born every minute & the saying will always hold true.If you focus too closely on the negative almost anything becomes too disheartening & doesn't seem worth it anymore.I seen the NPD sales for last week & MGS Peace Walker outsold RDR on the 360 in sales which to me shows that people are supporting software that is worth buying on the PSP platform.You can still choose to focus on the negative & say that if it wasn't for pirates the game would have sold x more copies.But if that's the way you choose to look at things the world becomes a very bleak place indeed.To some the glass is always half empty.I just hope everyone doesn't give up hope on the platform completely because if the only choice people have is what Sony offers like the dropping of BC on the PS3 where users PS2 titles are sold back to them & the unbelievable a**-raping that a lot of the PSP GO! users took (myself not included,I knew what I was getting into before I bought mine) after Sony said they were looking into a solution for existing PSP owners & their UMD collections.Then the psp may as well be dead already as far as I'm concerned.

LocutusEstBorg

I know. The stuff we hear from Torch is really freaking worrying in regards to Indian society as a whole. A lot of the stuff that happens there wouldn't be tolerated in the UK.

The ironic part is that the sad state of affairs is actually a good thing for the upper middle class and above. A very rich man earns maybe $3000 a month. That is enough to rent a 5 bedroom bungalow, maintain 3 cars with a chauffeur for each, several servants and eat in a 5 star hotel once a week.

Bungalow - $1000
3 chauffeurs - $400-500
Maid - $75
Petrol - $5/gallon
Very Good Food - $300
5 star meal - $30/meal

The same person cannot afford to buy a PS3 and games. All of a sudden that $0.3/h minimum wage doesn't seem so bad.

Average salaries for various jobs:
College professor: $200-300
Software guy in MNC: $300 upwards
Customer Support guy (Good English): $400

MenaceInc

Staff Member
The ironic part is that the sad state of affairs is actually a good thing for the upper middle class and above. A very rich man earns maybe $3000 a month. That is enough to rent a 5 bedroom bungalow, maintain 3 cars with a chauffeur for each, several servants and eat in a 5 star hotel once a week.

Bungalow - $1000
3 chauffeurs - $400-500
Maid - $75
Petrol - $5/gallon
Very Good Food - $300
5 star meal - $30/meal

The same person cannot afford to buy a PS3 and games. All of a sudden that $0.3/h minimum wage doesn't seem so bad.

Average salaries for various jobs:
College professor: $200-300
Software guy in MNC: $300 upwards
Customer Support guy (Good English): $400

A CS guy earns more than a college professor? That's seriously not dead-on. :|

I'm surprised you don't move tbh. I know there's probably loads of factors stopping you like money and family but honestly, it's obvious you're a smart kid and your English is fine. If you were given a chance, I'm sure you could do well living in maybe the UK or the US. Obviously I'm not suggesting that those two countries are the be all and end all but still, it's a shame to see stuff like that happening.

LocutusEstBorg

A CS guy earns more than a college professor? That's seriously not dead-on. :|

I'm surprised you don't move tbh. I know there's probably loads of factors stopping you like money and family but honestly, it's obvious you're a smart kid and your English is fine. If you were given a chance, I'm sure you could do well living in maybe the UK or the US. Obviously I'm not suggesting that those two countries are the be all and end all but still, it's a shame to see stuff like that happening.

In IT courses at least, college professors aren't really teachers. They are random people who were basically unemployed and couldn't get a job elsewhere. They just hop ship mid-semester when they get a better paying job in a company or something. You can see why most of the country is uneducated. Hell you'd still be uneducated after college. College is just like school here, you just go to college automatically after 12th grade and your parents pay for it. If you misbehave, they call your parents and complain and ask to meet them, LOL. Its just another 4 years of high school. Worthless.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Afaik, hacking the Wii is 10x harder than hacking a PSP, and the userbase isn't as irresponsible as the PSP userbase is.
Hacking the wii is about the same as a PSP.
You put files on a SD card, run them on the wii, and its hacked.

Pretty easy imo.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

In IT courses at least, college professors aren't really teachers. They are random people who were basically unemployed and couldn't get a job elsewhere. They just hop ship mid-semester when they get a better paying job in a company or something. You can see why most of the country is uneducated. Hell you'd still be uneducated after college. College is just like school here, you just go to college automatically after 12th grade and your parents pay for it. If you misbehave, they call your parents and complain and ask to meet them, LOL. Its just another 4 years of high school. Worthless.
Wow.

If I was a billionaire, I would so buy you a ticket to come to America :p

MajorPSP156

Major PSP
yeah your actually right man it is mad easy, its just like the same exploit as using the 5.03 Chickhen on psp but on the Wii they call it a bannerbomb exploit :)

LocutusEstBorg

The iPhone is probably the hardest to figure out. I'm still not able to find out accurately what the boot sequence is and the name of each. A non technical person would have an extremely hard time figuring what hack is required for his device.

niteight

The iPhone is probably the hardest to figure out. I'm still not able to find out accurately what the boot sequence is and the name of each. A non technical person would have an extremely hard time figuring what hack is required for his device.

unlocking my iphone was easier than soft-modding my kids wii

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yeah the iPhone was pretty easy also. You just gotta know the good sites for each console you want to hack and things will be a breeze for the most part.