• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Kernel Exploits and 6.30

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
The iPhone is probably the hardest to figure out. I'm still not able to find out accurately what the boot sequence is and the name of each. A non technical person would have an extremely hard time figuring what hack is required for his device.

if your willing to learn, every hack/mod is usually pretty easy, u say the iphone/touch is hard, i say it's easy, it's mostly a matter of opinion on the difficulty of a hack, and most hacks usually have excellent tutorials and well documented as well as dumbed down for the average users, it's only usually hard the first time.

explosions

After netbooting an XP install cd (VERY little documentation anywhere on the net), running exploits using a tutorial seems extremely simple. I don't think any of them are "easier" or "harder", some just have more steps.

LocutusEstBorg

if your willing to learn, every hack/mod is usually pretty easy, u say the iphone/touch is hard, i say it's easy, it's mostly a matter of opinion on the difficulty of a hack, and most hacks usually have excellent tutorials and well documented as well as dumbed down for the average users, it's only usually hard the first time.

When iOS 4.0 was was released, there were several different models and different hacks for each model. New bootrom phones can be unlocked as well on 4.0 because the exploit works on all but you can't unlock them because there is only a jailbreak for old bootrom phones to run the unlocking tool? Why release it then, by the time new bootrom jailbreak is out, the baseband exploit will be fixed and only old bootrom phones can unlock on 4.0. On the old bootrom RedSnow only works on 3G but NOT old bootrom 3GS? YTF not? I'm still unable to figure out if iBoot is the bootrom or the bootloader read from flash.

Sure you can just run a tool and hope it works without knowing jack shit about it, but thats besides the point here.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
After netbooting an XP install cd (VERY little documentation anywhere on the net), running exploits using a tutorial seems extremely simple. I don't think any of them are "easier" or "harder", some just have more steps.

You should try installing Mac OS X to a netbook...my god... o.0

megaorange

Most of the psp scene (or whats left) is ungrateful. They ask for something and complain if its not what they wanted. Iso loaders are a waste are you so lazy you cant carry some disks around (if you have so many choose some that will keep you entertained until you get home or something) and if you don't have money to buy the game how did you get the console. People need to grow up and stop complaining be glad you have whats available if you really want something do it your self. HBL is great and if you complain about having to start the demo, load the save, and press R get over it if you too lazy to do that then you don't deserve to use it is way way harder to do what the devs do coding it (and for FREE & usually you get what you pay for). Devs have a right to do what they want with what THEY MADE they don't have to release it. The internet is full of lazy ungrateful people.
And finally Hasn't this gone a little off topic.
And for the record i'm 14.

LocutusEstBorg

Iso loaders are a waste are you so lazy you cant carry some disks around (if you have so many choose some that will keep you entertained until you get home or something)
I always use the cracked version of PC games even after buying the original. There's no question of putting in a disc, or worse: carrying around discs outside the house.

and if you don't have money to buy the game how did you get the console.
You save up money for several months and buy one.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I always use the cracked version of PC games even after buying the original. There's no question of putting in a disc, or worse: carrying around discs outside the house.

You save up money for several months and buy one.

Give them a break Torch xD

I used to have ISO Versions of my UMD games too because I thought it was unpractical to carry around those damned UMD (never downloaded them though, always dumped my own).

Although I do have to agree that if you know you're not going to be able to afford games, why the hell are you going to buy a console in the first place? Save the money for something more useful and that is actually realistic.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Also keep in mind some people got consoles as gifts.

LocutusEstBorg

Although I do have to agree that if you know you're not going to be able to afford games, why the hell are you going to buy a console in the first place? Save the money for something more useful and that is actually realistic.

That may be true in first world countries where if you don't have $150 to spare on a console then your probably poor and in need of other things like housing and food.

But in other places the cost of living is 1/10th of what it is in the U.S. Salaries are therefore also 1/10th (or worse) of what you earn in the U.S. I can live like a king and have every luxury for $1000/month. Things that are imported from first world countries however are still priced the same or more than what they cost over there.

We can save up and treat ourselves to an LCD TV because a satellite connection costs just $2/month over here. Same thing applies to a console or high end PC. Here people buy one gadget maybe every one and a half or two years. On a console I reckon you have to play a game at least once in two months for it to be worthwhile. There is NO FUCKING WAY in hell they they will spend 1/3rd the cost of the device for a single game/software.

And as for XBox LIVE... I'd maybe spend $30 to buy a game every three months. Buy $30 just to continue using something I already bought?! F.U. Microsoft. At least if it was proportionate to the economy they were selling it in it'd make sense.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Well your society is different. Students have no means of supporting themselves over here. Getting a part-time job is futile as you can earn maybe $50 a month at most without qualification which is nothing compared to the fees you have to pay. There is no question of loans and stuff. 18 year old kids don't get loans here, its too easy to abscond given the state of disarray of the whole system. Plus you don't get loans to pay a $10,000 bribe to get into college anyway.

So when I say 'buy' its really 'parents buy', until your fully settled and self sufficient in life.

No sane person would contract a loan at 18 years old though o.o

MenaceInc

Staff Member
No sane person would contract a loan at 18 years old though o.o

Umm, millions do it in the US and UK. Student loans do have to be paid back eventually. xD
It's different if you get grants or bursarys since they don't have to be paid back...but yeah. Lots of people get loans at 18.

LocutusEstBorg

So Portugal is somewhere in between. Maybe now you can see that in India its insane to even think you can support yourself through college.