• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

KeyCleaner

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Sry to bring this up again :p (got asked b4) Zoom for better vision :)

look at my keys XD but still... I don't find anything wrong with my PSP and still can update smoothly without error.
But can Chilly explain my keys problem? I mean each of the error keys indicate which part in the PSP. Thanks XD

EDITED: This is my PSP1002 as mentioned in my Sig there :p

That PSP was originally soft-downgraded. Then someone must have "fixed" only keys 4, 5, and 6. That left the other keys in the original soft-downed state.

You should probably use the latest DC to rebuild your keys. If you want to do it by hand, I can help, but it'll be more of a pain. Basically, to repair by hand you need to dump the key with IdStorage Manager, rename some of the files, make 0x43 by hand (or use someone else's copy as it's universal), and then use IDSM to write them back.

pspknightx

That PSP was originally soft-downgraded. Then someone must have "fixed" only keys 4, 5, and 6. That left the other keys in the original soft-downed state.

You should probably use the latest DC to rebuild your keys. If you want to do it by hand, I can help, but it'll be more of a pain. Basically, to repair by hand you need to dump the key with IdStorage Manager, rename some of the files, make 0x43 by hand (or use someone else's copy as it's universal), and then use IDSM to write them back.

Sorry for the late reply for week :blushing: been bz...
Anyway, I don't face any problem using this PSP1002 from the time I bought it till now. I can still upgrade it without any error. It just seems like normal PSP.

Can you help me list down the error that will bring out from faulty key? If possible :p Thanks.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Sorry for the late reply for week :blushing: been bz...
Anyway, I don't face any problem using this PSP1002 from the time I bought it till now. I can still upgrade it without any error. It just seems like normal PSP.

Can you help me list down the error that will bring out from faulty key? If possible :p Thanks.

Key 0x41 is bad. This key controls the USB and it won't work properly until it's fixed. At best, you get generic storage usage, and that's it. When fixed, you can use things like USBHOSTFS.

Key 0x42 should be clear.

Key 0x43 is bad, and if I remember correctly, it's used for PS3 connectivity.

Key 0x45 is bad, and it contains some region info used by the WIFI.

Key 0x46 should be clear.

Key 0x47 is bad, and may cause problems with PS3 connectivity as well.

None of those are REALLY serious, as you've seen, but you can clear them up to eliminate any problems.

Notice that most of the "bad" keys aren't gone, just in the wrong place. If you dump the keys and then rename them, then write the keys back, you should be able to clear it all up.

Notice that 0x41 holds the original key 6. That's not really needed anymore since you've gotten that one fixed. 0x42 currently holds the original 0x41; you would rename 0x0042.bin to 0x0041.bin to write back the original value to 0x41. Notice that 0x45 has the original 0x47, and 0x46 has the original 0x45. The only key you're missing completely is 0x43. If you fix the others, KeyCleaner will restore 0x43 for you.

Dump the keys with IdStorage Manager.
Rename the keys that hold the original values to the proper names. See above.
Verify/fix the keys with IDSM.
Run KeyCleaner and fix 0x43.

Be sure to backup your NAND and keys as they are now just in case something goes wrong.

koonsiang

i used it and i think it caused a brick... i ran it and after that tried to play bleach 5 and it hanged. i tried to restart my psp but it juz could not start. There was only a black screen and the green light. Can u tell me wat happened? BTW i have a PSP-1000 3.52 M33-4

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Sounds like you may have unpatched key 5... and TA-082/86s won't run without key 5 being patched unless you're using a patched IPL or 3.70 M33 or better. Use a Pandora battery and the latest DC to fix your problem.

koonsiang

oh ok cool... well actually i m quite a noob at this... could u like gimme some instructions on how to fix this problem? Very much appreciated.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
You need to go read through the thread on using the Pandora battery and associated software.

Go look through the sticky threads in the FAQ and Guides forum. The Pandora Deluxe is generally one place to start.

insistent

Hey, i have used the keycleaner 1.4 on my psp 2000 v3, i know it was a big mistake but i did it for some reason, i have taken the ta-085 choice to mess with my key.

But now, my WIFI doesnt work anymore, when i scan for router, i get this error

"An internal error has occurred. (80410A0B)"

And my wifi light doesnt blink anymore.

Is it possible to fix that?

Thank you.

january39

eXo Staff
Hey, i have used the keycleaner 1.4 on my psp 2000 v3, i know it was a big mistake but i did it for some reason, i have taken the ta-085 choice to mess with my key.

But now, my WIFI doesnt work anymore, when i scan for router, i get this error

"An internal error has occurred. (80410A0B)"

And my wifi light doesnt blink anymore.

Is it possible to fix that?

Thank you.

THat code is displayed when the wi fi is causing trouble.

Your details are a bit vague, you have a TA-088v3 board but choose the TA-085 option?

Few things it could be, The key for the wi fi is dead/deleted/corrupt, The wi fi board is loose.

I have to say though, that app is very safe if used correctly within the guidance supplied & i very much doubt the app is at fault, more your application of it.

insistent

THat code is displayed when the wi fi is causing trouble.

Your details are a bit vague, you have a TA-088v3 board but choose the TA-085 option?

Few things it could be, The key for the wi fi is dead/deleted/corrupt, The wi fi board is loose.

I have to say though, that app is very safe if used correctly within the guidance supplied & i very much doubt the app is at fault, more your application of it.

First of all, i never dropped my psp so it cant be that, i am pretty sure that the key are corupted or deleted, so i was wondering if i could fix it without buying another psp, since the light doesnt even blink anymore. Also because keycleaner is certainly not used for psp 3000 or ta-088 v3.

LQCosmic

Hi. I would like to apologize first hand if this has already been posted, but 33 pages is A LOT to read through.

A friend of mine wants to go back to official firmware. He knows nothing about CFW and homebrew and actually tried to upgrade from 5.00 m33-6 to official 6.20. I lol'd. Calls me up as soon as he finds that it doesn't work. So, I downgrade it using pandora's battery and begin to upgrade to the OFW. I get an error message and find that key 5 is damaged. Is it possible to return to OFW, or must his PSP live out the rest of it's life in CFW? It's a PSP 1000. TA-82/86...not sure which. Any help would be appreciated.

Hellcat

Contributor
Either use KeyCleaner to fix key 5 or use DDC7 or 8 to regenerate a new IDS.
Update should work then.

LQCosmic

Well, I used KeyCleaner and patched it, but it still does not let me update. I'm pretty familiar when it comes to the CFW and plugins. I don't know anything involving the keys. But, I'll look up DDC and figure out how to work it.

Thanks for the help!

::EDIT::

Excellent! I used DDC8 to create a new IDS and was able to update to 6.20 OFW.
Thanks again!

kyenji

Can't go to recovery menu. MY CFW 6.60, when I go to key cleaner it freezes. Don't know what to do. please help!

PSP TA-079/81
The status is shown:
04....Original key - okay
05....Original key - okay
06....Original key - okay
08....Original key - okay
41....Original key - okay
42....Cleared key - okay
43....Original key - okay
45....Unknown Status
46....Cleared key - okay
47....Original key - okay

is this fine for my psp?

kyenji

Can't go to recovery menu, because nothing happened every time I press select and can't go to main menu when I play games.
it's like my directional buttons not functioning, yet it works fine in game.
MY CFW 6.60, when I go to key cleaner it freezes. Don't know what to do. please help!

PSP TA-079/81
The status is shown:
04....Original key - okay
05....Original key - okay
06....Original key - okay
08....Original key - okay
41....Original key - okay
42....Cleared key - okay
43....Original key - okay
45....Unknown Status
46....Cleared key - okay
47....Original key - okay