• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

KeyCleaner

apdd

Hi All,

I have a TA-082/86

I have used Keycleaner 1.4 and cleaned up the keys that need to be cleaned.

However, when I reanalyze I get a msg regarding Key 5 saying "Chilly Willy patched key 5 found"

Then finally it says:

"Do you wish to unpatch key 0x0005? Please note that an unpatched key 0x0005 will brick a TA-082/86 with 1.50 or custom firmware unless you have installed a custom IPL to prevent this."

Should I unpatch this key. My current firmware is 3.52 M33-4. I am trying to upgrade to higher versions but I'm getting a msg when i try to do so that my idstorage keys have not the correct values, probably due to a downgrader.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

As x3sphere says leave key 5 as is.. i have upgraded my ta 082/86 and u prob havnt got keys 7 and 8.. run idstoragemgr and create keys 7 and 8... it will prob say keys non-existent and u want it too say key clear with loads of 0000's above in rows.... then try the upgrade process... if any probs pm me ... i just also sorted a chap out on a/dawn.com so go have a look.. he had same prob...

apdd

No, the update still doesn't work

I still getting an error that my "idstorage keys have not the correct values, probably due to a downgrader."

I don't know what to do ><...

@RC_dude.. u need to open idstoragemgr on psp and press triangle to view/edit keys.. scroll through and does it say under key=0007 and key=0008 key appears to be non-existent? if it does then you need to press x to edit then triangle to create key.. once you have created these keys it will say key appears to be clear with all the 000's above.. once you have done this you will be fine to run the updates.... let me know how it goes.. also it will want too correct keys like it usually says.. press x to correct them cos u will now have key 7 and 8

RC_dude

Thanks, I'll try this tonight when I get home from work.

EDIT:
So I tried everything, I used the IDSM and created keys 7 and 8, verified all Ok... Ran KC, other than key 5 everything looks ok. Tried to update, still can't update, still getting the same idstorage error. I don't know what to do anymore.

Any more suggestions?

apdd

Thanks, I'll try this tonight when I get home from work.

EDIT:
So I tried everything, I used the IDSM and created keys 7 and 8, verified all Ok... Ran KC, other than key 5 everything looks ok. Tried to update, still can't update, still getting the same idstorage error. I don't know what to do anymore.

Any more suggestions?

If you get the same idstorage error and u know you have created keys 7 and 8 then when u run the update and u get to the message just let it fix the keys.... press x....

Chilly Willy

Contributor
If you get the same idstorage error and u know you have created keys 7 and 8 then when u run the update and u get to the message just let it fix the keys.... press x....

Some people are missing keys 7 and 8 for some odd reason. KC doesn't check them either since they aren't normally messed with by the old downgraders. Those keys not only need to be created, but also have to have the correct data in them. Fortunately, those two are not "unique" so you can use keys 7 and 8 from a good PSP to put on a PSP missing them.

RC_dude

Thanks for the replies apdd and Chilly Willy.

So in the end should I try to let my psp fix the keys when it does the update??

Or should I try to get keys from a good PSP and copy them onto mine before I do anything??

Yeah, I'm a bit of a newb, so I really appreciate all your help.

Thanks in advance.

apdd

Thanks for the replies apdd and Chilly Willy.

So in the end should I try to let my psp fix the keys when it does the update??

Or should I try to get keys from a good PSP and copy them onto mine before I do anything??

Yeah, I'm a bit of a newb, so I really appreciate all your help.

Thanks in advance.

Let youre psp fix ur keys when u update..

apdd

Some people are missing keys 7 and 8 for some odd reason. KC doesn't check them either since they aren't normally messed with by the old downgraders. Those keys not only need to be created, but also have to have the correct data in them. Fortunately, those two are not "unique" so you can use keys 7 and 8 from a good PSP to put on a PSP missing them.

@chilly willy

when u create the keys 7 and 8 and they are clear in idstoragemgr u can run the cfw update.. it will say idstorage does not apear to have correct values like normal but when u press x to fix them the update runs no probs... (ive noticed it also in the TA-082/86 that they are missing) and once u have run the update if you run idstoragemgr again the keys that was created have the data in them.. no need to get the keys from another psp... i have just sorted tl_tiger the same way and he is too running cfw 3.90 m33-2 with no issues... Do you think it would be a good idea for me to do a guide regarding this issue as its obvious more people are having this probs with this mobo and the keys 7 and 8... my way is tryed n testedand i could rack a guide up instead off all this posting... cheers... Andy

apdd

@RC-dude

Nice one.. glad too help mate.. will deff do a guide now regarding these keys on this mobo lol

s1d2n

I think I f-up..

Ok, heres how I mess up somehow.
I have 2 fat psp's (TA-82/86). 1 for my son & 1 for my daughter.
They both have M33 3.90-3 and ran fine.
My son's psp wouldnt remote with the PS3, something was wrong with the Keys. My daughters psp connects to PS3 fine so I dumped her keys which read:
Checking Key 4 ok
Checking Key 5 Original unpatch key 5 found
Checking Key 6 ok
Checking Key 41 ok
Checking Key 42 ok
Checking Key 43 ok
Checking Key 45 ok
Checking Key 46 ok
Checking Key 47 ok
so... I transfered all the keys dumped into the memstick and ran the fix on my sons psp and all works but umd will not load anymore. The exact error is "The disk could not be read".
What are my options? The last resort would be for me to take it to bestbuy and swap it for another $30. Can chilly willy help?

Acerthief

Ok, heres how I mess up somehow.
I have 2 fat psp's (TA-82/86). 1 for my son & 1 for my daughter.
They both have M33 3.90-3 and ran fine.
My son's psp wouldnt remote with the PS3, something was wrong with the Keys. My daughters psp connects to PS3 fine so I dumped her keys which read:
Checking Key 4 ok
Checking Key 5 Original unpatch key 5 found
Checking Key 6 ok
Checking Key 41 ok
Checking Key 42 ok
Checking Key 43 ok
Checking Key 45 ok
Checking Key 46 ok
Checking Key 47 ok
so... I transfered all the keys dumped into the memstick and ran the fix on my sons psp and all works but umd will not load anymore. The exact error is "The disk could not be read".
What are my options? The last resort would be for me to take it to bestbuy and swap it for another $30. Can chilly willy help?

Ah... Dear father,
do you have your a back up of your sons keys? Because if you overwrited every single key on your sons keys, you've also overwrited unique keys that are different for each PSP.
(Keys 0x100~0x106, 0x120~0x126 to be certain, they are different on each PSP, and they contain the decryption code for the UMD, Also key44 as well, your son's PSP will lose the feature to use wifi or ad-hoc.)

So, if you don't have a back up, then I'm sorry, there is no way to recover this.
(Send it back to Sony? Maybe they'll fix it, but you'll lose your warrently as well, and some didn't even get their PSP back...)

s1d2n

Ah... Dear father,
do you have your a back up of your sons keys? Because if you overwrited every single key on your sons keys, you've also overwrited unique keys that are different for each PSP.
(Keys 0x100~0x106, 0x120~0x126 to be certain, they are different on each PSP, and they contain the decryption code for the UMD, Also key44 as well, your son's PSP will lose the feature to use wifi or ad-hoc.)

So, if you don't have a back up, then I'm sorry, there is no way to recover this.
(Send it back to Sony? Maybe they'll fix it, but you'll lose your warrently as well, and some didn't even get their PSP back...)

Yes, I replaced every key but everything works but the umd. Well if its not fixable I'll have to swap it for another at Bestbuy.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
The UMD uses those unique keys. They cannot be fixed. If you don't have a backup of the NAND or keys, then it's totally borked. Folks are looking into this, but there's currently nothing to be done if you don't have a backup.

paperone

hi chilly willy,

i just got a psp fat from my cousin with CFW version 2.71 se-b.

i just want to know if i can use pandora on my psp fat with CFW version 2.71 se-b, to update it to 3.90 m33-3? is it dangerus to do this? is this will effect the keys of my psp?

and if its ok to do this method.. should i use your wonderful apps(keycleaner) to clean my keys? or the pandora already do that?

Chilly Willy

Contributor
If he's using 2.71 se-b, none of the keys should be altered. It should be fine to go straight to 3.90M33 with Pandora. If that Phat is TOO old, it may be missing keys 7 and 8. If that is the case, you'll need to go to 3.52M33, run IdStorage Manager to make a good key 7 and 8, then go to 3.90 or later M33.

paperone

If he's using 2.71 se-b, none of the keys should be altered. It should be fine to go straight to 3.90M33 with Pandora. If that Phat is TOO old, it may be missing keys 7 and 8. If that is the case, you'll need to go to 3.52M33, run IdStorage Manager to make a good key 7 and 8, then go to 3.90 or later M33.

thanks men! your the man...

ohh! you said about "If that Phat is TOO old, it may be missing keys 7 and 8", what do you mean with this?

thank again men. i will update you if i encounter any problem...

paperone

ohhh! again!by the way... sir chilly willy

i got another question.... you said that none of the keys should be altered. right?

my question is, can i update my psp phat directly from 2.71 se-b to 3.90 m33-3, using the updater of DAX? instead of using pandora with DC5?

pspknightx

ohhh! again!by the way... sir chilly willy

i got another question.... you said that none of the keys should be altered. right?

my question is, can i update my psp phat directly from 2.71 se-b to 3.90 m33-3, using the updater of DAX? instead of using pandora with DC5?

In order in update your PSP to 3.90m33-3, you will need the minimum requirement of 3.52m33-3. So if you want to update straightly from 2.71 se-b to 3.90m33-3, pandora is the only way. Else, you will have to update to 3.52m33-3 and then 3.90m33-3. :smile:

paperone

hmm nice thanks men.. but what do chilly willy mean about this? If that Phat is TOO old, it may be missing keys 7 and 8?

i used the keycleaner and it recognized that it is noobs softdown downgrade something liked that and the corrupted key is 4, 5, 6 "that's what i remember". then it ask me if i want to fix it, then i fix it. and when i analyzed again the it say that my key 5 is patch with chilly willy patch...

is this ok? well when i fix my keys using this. theres nothing happen to my phat psp..