• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

KeyCleaner

pspknightx

If your key 5 is Chilly Willy patch, you will need to unpatch and become original key 5 in order to update from 3.52m33-3 to 3.90m33.

This is just a map of upgrading:
Chilly Willy Patch << ---------- >> Original Patch Key 5
3.52m33 or below << ---------- >> 3.71m33 or above

Which means that you are now using 2.71se-b with Chilly Willy Patch Key 5. So when you update from your current version to 3.52m33, you will not need to unpatch key 5, just use Chilly Willy Patch key 5.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Key 5 is the ONE KEY that the 3.71 or better M33 updaters will fix themselves. What gets most people are missing key 7 and 8. They aren't "bad", just not there. I've helped more people who needed a key 7 and 8 than had a problem with key 5. :)

paperone

owhh!!! thanks! i get it now... but how can i know if my key 7 and 8 are missing? what if i use pandoraDC5 and upgrade it directly to 3.90 m33-3, and i do not unpatch chilly willy key5 patch and key 7 and 8 are missing? what will happen?

Chilly Willy

Contributor
owhh!!! thanks! i get it now... but how can i know if my key 7 and 8 are missing? what if i use pandoraDC5 and upgrade it directly to 3.90 m33-3, and i do not unpatch chilly willy key5 patch and key 7 and 8 are missing? what will happen?

If you run IdStorage Manager and view the keys and look at 7 and 8, you will get an error code instead of data if they are missing. If you try to install 3.90 M33 and they're missing, you get an error code and it doesn't install.

You can run 3.xx with a patched key 5, it just doesn't need to be patched. 3.71 or better won't install with a patched key 5, but that's not because it won't run, it was just Sony trying to prevent people with custom firmware from updating.

paperone

ohhh! sir! also i want to add to my question. what is the difference of kxploitpatcher and kxploitpatcher%, that is needed to for installing 3.52m33 to your pacther and to your keycleaner? and do i have to use kxploitpatcher, even if i patch my key to your way?

Chilly Willy

Contributor
ohhh! sir! also i want to add to my question. what is the difference of kxploitpatcher and kxploitpatcher%, that is needed to for installing 3.52m33 to your pacther and to your keycleaner? and do i have to use kxploitpatcher, even if i patch my key to your way?

To the previous post, yes, some folks have to upgrade in steps. Not everyone can go straight to the latest. It depends on how new your PSP is and how much the old downgraders screwed it up. :smile:

The folder/folder% is how 1.50 is exploited to run homebrew. You put a specially corrupted EBOOT in folder% that triggers the exploit that allows the EBOOT in folder to run under 1.50. It's only needed in pure 1.50 firmware for running homebrew.

paperone

To the previous post, yes, some folks have to upgrade in steps. Not everyone can go straight to the latest. It depends on how new your PSP is and how much the old downgraders screwed it up. :smile:

The folder/folder% is how 1.50 is exploited to run homebrew. You put a specially corrupted EBOOT in folder% that triggers the exploit that allows the EBOOT in folder to run under 1.50. It's only needed in pure 1.50 firmware for running homebrew.

nice thanks!

is it ok for my psp phat to downgrade back to 1.5 CFW, with your key5 patch? and updgrade it to 3.52 CFW by following the step of DAX and team m33?

Chilly Willy

Contributor
nice thanks!

is it ok for my psp phat to downgrade back to 1.5 CFW, with your key5 patch? and updgrade it to 3.52 CFW by following the step of DAX and team m33?

If your Phat is a TA-082 or TA-086, you need key 5 patched to run 1.50 or 1.50-based custom firmware (like 3.52 M33 or older). If the Phat is a TA-079 or older, it doesn't need key 5 patched. Once you have 3.52 M33 running and have all the keys cleaned (except maybe key 5), then running the 3.71 M33 (or newer) update should work. While on 3.52 M33, you'll be able to run KeyCleaner and IdStorage Manager if you need to change some other keys (like make 7 or 8).

paperone

If your Phat is a TA-082 or TA-086, you need key 5 patched to run 1.50 or 1.50-based custom firmware (like 3.52 M33 or older). If the Phat is a TA-079 or older, it doesn't need key 5 patched. Once you have 3.52 M33 running and have all the keys cleaned (except maybe key 5), then running the 3.71 M33 (or newer) update should work. While on 3.52 M33, you'll be able to run KeyCleaner and IdStorage Manager if you need to change some other keys (like make 7 or 8).

yeah! my phat is TA-82. so can i downgrade my psp using pandora back to 1.5?

i want do backup my nand, co'z when i back read your thread this is important. is pandora
support the dumping of NAND? or i have to use the universal unbricker DC3,4 or 5?

sir sorry for asking to many question... i am so noobs in this field. but i understand a little. and understand more because of you sir.. thanks!

Chilly Willy

Contributor
yeah! my phat is TA-82. so can i downgrade my psp using pandora back to 1.5?

Yes, but key 5 must stay patched while using 1.50 or 1.50-based cfw. The TA-082 is one of those that needs key 5 patched.

i want do backup my nand, co'z when i back read your thread this is important. is pandora support the dumping of NAND? or i have to use the universal unbricker DC3,4 or 5?

DCx uses Pandora. It's just newer software for the magic stick. Anywho, they all support dumping the NAND, and I suggest people do that the first moment they can. Personally, I use elfmenu + nandTool 0.3b1 with Pandora. nandTool is a slightly more sophisticate and powerful nand dumping/restoring tool than the dumper in DC, but you don't really need to go that far. Any dumper will work for making a backup.

sir sorry for asking to many question... i am so noobs in this field. but i understand a little. and understand more because of you sir.. thanks!

No problem. Better to ask NOW than to not understand something and really screw something up. When I first downgraded my TA-082 (from 2.71 to 1.50), I read every single thread on MaxConsole that mentioned "TA-082", "NAND", "devhook", and "downgrade". Back then, the downgrader messed with quite a few more keys than just key 5. It wasn't understood at that time that only key 5 needed to be changed. That was how I got into PSP programming - I needed something to help fix my own keys.

paperone

wow! i wish im smart like you!!

anyway sir i would also like to try the "elfmenu +nandTool 0.3b1 with Pandora".^_^

i heard about this UPT/UPMS, according to it, its a ultimate psp tools made for noobs like me..:D

anyway, i just use DCx for now, for dumping my NAND... i wish i understand too how to make an "elfmenu +nandTool 0.3b1 with Pandora". lol

phew! thanks sir for all the help.. i can fix now my phat psp...lol

thank you again sir see yah! later! ^_^

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Elfmenu is relatively simple... make a magic stick like normal, then make a directory in the root of the memstick named "elf". Move the file "ms0:/kd/resurrection.elf" into that elf directoy. Then copy the resurrection.elf file from the elfmenu archive into that kd directory. That is replacing the main magic stick executable with elfmenu, while putting the original executable into the directory elfmenu launches apps from so that you can run it if you want. Then copy the nandtool_03_beta1_nousb.elf file from the nandtool archive into the elf directory.

At that point, booting the magic stick with a Pandora battery goes right into elf menu, which will show a list of the files in the elf directory (should be the original resurrection and the nandtool elf files). Use the d-pad to select nandtool and press X to run it. You'll then get the nandtool menu. Read the nandtool readme for more info about what you can do with nandtool. Quiting nandtool will go back into elf menu. Select resurrection.elf and press X to run the original magic stick program.

Note: I've attached the latest versions of nandtool and elfmenu so you don't have to hunt them down.

Attachments

• nandTool_0.3_beta1.zip
    93 KB · Views: 132
  • pandora_elf_menu_03a.rar
    38.4 KB · Views: 145

paperone

hehehe sir chilly...

i successfully fix my phat psp, and updated it to 4.01m33-2. thanks to your help. and also try the elf menu. wow its so very cool. lol

thanks sir... i think i will try the time machine this time.

Alfabeta

So i got a psp slim 2004 but i screw it up and put another nand... but i manage to fix it to play iso/cso, but no umd, whith help of nandtools, pandora and homemister keys... there is no solucion for the umd yet :( but anyway i come where beacouse i run keycleaner and it said that i was on a ta-79 1003 is ther a way to change it to a 1004?? beacouse that's my region!

Chilly Willy

Contributor
So i got a psp slim 2004 but i screw it up and put another nand... but i manage to fix it to play iso/cso, but no umd, whith help of nandtools, pandora and homemister keys... there is no solucion for the umd yet :( but anyway i come where beacouse i run keycleaner and it said that i was on a ta-79 1003 is ther a way to change it to a 1004?? beacouse that's my region!

One of the "region" settings is in key 0x45. You can use IdStorage Manager to change that one. There are tables floating around about what values go to what regions. That only affects the WiFi. The main region value is in one of those unique keys, so you're out of luck on that.

ryan67

help

ok, having a little problem, i am at 2.60 firmware and i have the KeyCleaner 1.4. i put it in my GAME folder and everything like it said, and when i go over to the game menu i go to memory stick and the name, pics, and the sound all work but when i start it the first thing to come up is:
The game could not be started. ( 80020148 ) PLEASE HELP!!!!!:confused1::confused1::confused1:

Chilly Willy

Contributor
ok, having a little problem, i am at 2.60 firmware and i have the KeyCleaner 1.4. i put it in my GAME folder and everything like it said, and when i go over to the game menu i go to memory stick and the name, pics, and the sound all work but when i start it the first thing to come up is:
The game could not be started. ( 80020148 ) PLEASE HELP!!!!!:confused1::confused1::confused1:

You have to use custom firmware to run any kind of homebrew, or Homebrew Enabler. I believe Homebrew Enabler is available for 2.71 and 2.80... you'd best search on that to be sure first.

pspknightx

Sry to bring this up again :p (got asked b4) Zoom for better vision :)

look at my keys XD but still... I don't find anything wrong with my PSP and still can update smoothly without error.
But can Chilly explain my keys problem? I mean each of the error keys indicate which part in the PSP. Thanks XD

EDITED: This is my PSP1002 as mentioned in my Sig there :p

Attachments

• DSC05893.JPG
    DSC05893.JPG
    937.5 KB · Views: 83