• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Killzone 2 Get Together

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I need a break. My PS3 just locked up for the first time in the middle of the last match. The frame froze and the sound it was playing at the time was in a loop and I couldn't get back to the XMB.

I'll be back on later Joey if you still want to play.

Adiuvo

I don't know exactly how you guys set this up tonight, but if it was public, it'd probably be even better if it was set to password lock-up so that it's just us. Anyway, sounds like it was great fun ;)

There were issues with people not being able to join, which was why it was a public room.

Slasher

Suck It
Ah, it must be some sort of glitch still. I'm sure GG will have it fixed in no time.

Nah, it's not a glitch I don't think. If people are of lower/higher rank than you then I guess you can't join a game together. This was implemented so you can play with people of similar skill as you. I think this can be solved if you actually add them as friends to your PSN and set up a game together as friends. (Although I could be wrong)

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Nah, it's not a glitch I don't think. If people are of lower/higher rank than you then I guess you can't join a game together. This was implemented so you can play with people of similar skill as you. I think this can be solved if you actually add them as friends to your PSN and set up a game together as friends. (Although I could be wrong)

Hm. I'm sure there's got to be a setting hidden somewhere for this. *takes mental note to investigate*

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991

Yes, it's an option when creating a game that you can toggle. But even if you're PSN friends with people, they still can't join your game if they're not the appropriate rank. Your solution makes more sense; hopefully they will fix it in the future.

PSPHax0r9

Sorry i missed it guys, but 1AM was a bit late for me.

1am on a Saturday night isn't bad, I definitely would've been able to make it if it had been at 1 EST.

I tried to start up another game later but everyone either signed off or just wouldn't respond to my message. Next time you do one of these you guys should stay on afterwards.

PSPHax0r9

I'll be on tonight after dinner...around 7:30-8 EST. I'll probably play till about 10. I'll make a room called M4M, I just need to know, should I password protect or leave it open?

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Either put a password or make the room smaller. I didn't mind when it was 1 or 2 extra people, but when 20 non-mfm people came in I wasn't having as much fun as before.

I've worked up the medic class so I should have the appropriate rank now.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Either put a password or make the room smaller. I didn't mind when it was 1 or 2 extra people, but when 20 non-mfm people came in I wasn't having as much fun as before.

I've worked up the medic class so I should have the appropriate rank now.

I tried joining your game earlier, it wouldn't let me.

Make it a public match and maybe limit it to 10-12 people. I'll be up for some tonight, I'm not doing much today. I think you need to make it so any rank can join and we shouldn't have a problem.

PSPHax0r9

I tried joining your game earlier, it wouldn't let me.

Make it a public match and maybe limit it to 10-12 people. I'll be up for some tonight, I'm not doing much today. I think you need to make it so any rank can join and we shouldn't have a problem.

Yeah, I have the perfect game configured with options. The only question is...team balancing or not? I kind of like the option of picking your own team and I have enough faith that everyone won't just pile onto one team. But what do you guys want?

Also, game is looking more like @ 8:00.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Well I think if you have the balancing thing on, only people that are your rank will be able to join.

PSPHax0r9

Well I think if you have the balancing thing on, only people that are your rank will be able to join.
No, it just balances the number of people on each team. I don't like to turn it on so I'll just leave it off and yell at people if they make uneven teams.

user friendly

Didn't get your guys message till too late but I was able to get into the MFM room with Adiuvo for a little bit. I had some awesome games over the weekend but I still didn't get any valor trophies. I thought I would for sure get in the 10% bracket.