• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Killzone 2

Scorned

Just got the M4 Revolver...damn that was hard. It's definitely powerful, though, which is nice. It's good to have a secondary weapon I can actually rely on. Let me tell you though, those Pistols Only games can be really hard and they actually helped my accuracy a lot.

Thats for sure, after the first one or two games, i began to get used to the pistol and had a really good record with it, but the M4 was worth it.

Adiuvo

You play too much.

You aren't one of those guys who still plays while their baby cries in the background, right? :p

user friendly

You play too much.

You aren't one of those guys who still plays while their baby cries in the background, right? :p

Lol, no.

The other day she was mastering her ABC's and I'm pretty sure everyone on my squad could hear so I just shut the mic off. Jennifer was there and I don't usually play with Katelyn around anyway.

I doubt I will ever put that much time in again in one week. It was fun but I was definitely Killzowned this Sunday. Every time I watch a youtube video and hear that f'n chirp I start to crave Killzone. I love it.

Still haven't got the M4, I'll be working on the rest of the MP badges this week though. I fear the Elite run with Radec.

Slasher

Suck It
After playing Killzone 2 for such a long while and then going back to COD5, COD5 looks incredibly inferior than what I remembered. The way enemies act, how they die, the controlling, as well as the graphics just look like crap to me now.

Killzone 2 has set the standards for sure. If other FPS's don't follow similar suit, it'll definitely be tough getting used to them and they'll just feel underwhelming.

Adiuvo

I made the top 10% this week without even trying. lol

I also just had an awesome game. We were outnumbered for a bit, until my kills with the STA-14 rifle from across the map and Hot_Sizzle with his pistol skills made people quit, which then lead to new people coming in. Some guy even cussed us out beforehand :p

Battle replay.

user friendly

After playing Killzone 2 for such a long while and then going back to COD5, COD5 looks incredibly inferior than what I remembered. The way enemies act, how they die, the controlling, as well as the graphics just look like crap to me now.

Killzone 2 has set the standards for sure. If other FPS's don't follow similar suit, it'll definitely be tough getting used to them and they'll just feel underwhelming.

I'm seeing it as well, even the new CRYEngine3 footage shown today was pretty underwhelming to be honest.

user friendly

The thing about Killzone 2 is that the damn thing was in development for at least 4 years and the visual fidelity is proof but it's still going to be hard not comparing it to other FPS's. It still has it's issues in MP but SP (other than the lack of a good story) is butter.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Let's face it, KZ2 is going to be one of *the* games for a couple years at most. I saw a thread on the Playstation message boards in the US, and if the list of feature requests are actually being reviewed and deemed im/possible by GG, the MP is only destined to get better. Fixes for turrets, shotguns, etc.

user friendly

They did mention that some of the KZ1 maps will make it in to KZ2 and I'm sure they will add a regular good ole' death match mode free for all but I'm hoping for new characters as well. Radec would be badass to play as in MP. No price or date was mentioned but I have a feeling it'll be soon, or at least some form of it will be. The map(s) will probably come last but I bet a patch is incoming in less than 2 weeks.

What don't you like or needs fixing with the turrets/shotgun? I like the way they both are now. Shotgun glitch was fixed with the 1.20 patch and I'd say that the turrets are pretty balanced. I find that it really depends on where you are placing them and more importantly how many are you grouping together.

spike021

They did mention that some of the KZ1 maps will make it in to KZ2 and I'm sure they will add a regular good ole' death match mode free for all but I'm hoping for new characters as well. Radec would be badass to play as in MP.

Ah yes, that was one of the feature requests. Basically a hero that's randomly chosen (such as Radec).

Death match for sure. I'd personally like the ability to have multiples of a specific mode instead of just once per a map.

user friendly

Ah yes, that was one of the feature requests. Basically a hero that's randomly chosen (such as Radec).

Death match for sure. I'd personally like the ability to have multiples of a specific mode instead of just once per a map.

YES! I forgot to mention that. Apparently MP was in development since 06 and there's a few things like this that make me wonder how it was overlooked in QA.

spike021

YES! I forgot to mention that. Apparently MP was in development since 06 and there's a few things like this that make me wonder how it was overlooked in QA.

That's why everytime I've played 1v1 with Slasher or a friend of mine, I always have short team deathmatch games and then the map switches :confused: It'll be better once they implement it because if I only have 15 mins to play, I don't want 5 of those minutes being solely for loading (too much exaggeration I think).

Adiuvo

The only real problem with MP in my eyes is spawn grenades. There should be a limit to how close you can place one to the objective. If you're outnumbered by only one person and that team throws a spawn grenade, you'll lose. This is really popular on Blood Gracht and Phyrhuss Rise, since the map structure on both means that you have some ways to go.

Sullivan

Has anyone played this and will stop playing COD because its that good?

spike021

The only real problem with MP in my eyes is spawn grenades. There should be a limit to how close you can place one to the objective. If you're outnumbered by only one person and that team throws a spawn grenade, you'll lose. This is really popular on Blood Gracht and Phyrhuss Rise, since the map structure on both means that you have some ways to go.

Better yet, only allow one spawn grenade with x feet of another. Today when I played, everytime there was one 5 feet away from another. What a waste. I had just selected the tactician badge so that I could throw one in a strategic position... :cry: