• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Macworld

Hellcat

Contributor
Steve finally got too much money to still care 'bout his buisness....

The beginning of the end?
Unlikely.... others will continue doing his job, maybe just worse....

They will get hungry again, Macs will get more expensive again while degrading in functionality at the same time.
So, get one NOW before it's too late.

Or maybe he just has a terminal illness....

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Steve finally got too much money to still care 'bout his buisness....

The beginning of the end?
Unlikely.... others will continue doing his job, maybe just worse....

They will get hungry again, Macs will get more expensive again while degrading in functionality at the same time.
So, get one NOW before it's too late.

Or maybe he just has a terminal illness....

I think the latter. :p

Adiuvo

New iPod, new iPhone, new Mac line. Not much to think about personally. Apple has failed to 'wow' me with anything these past few years. Nothing they've put out is under the same 'I gotta have it!' as earlier iPods.

Hellcat

Contributor
So, we can say: "The ship is already sinking"....

Yeah, but you're right.... Not the usual "WOW, now THATS innovative" as one is used from them....

spike021

So, we can say: "The ship is already sinking"....

Yeah, but you're right.... Not the usual "WOW, now THATS innovative" as one is used from them....

That's all well and good...

I'm seriously just hoping that they begin to pull back out of their hole, and soon.

:( I was hoping to maybe work there as a software engineer sometime in the future...

Hellcat

Contributor
:( I was hoping to maybe work there as a software engineer sometime in the future...
I don't think you chances in that dropped, just 'cause Steve isn't at Macworld this year.

Maybe he's looking for you ;)
Nah, seriously (as hard as that is) while we're at THAT topic, I'd like to work in the gaming industry.... making games the way they are supposed to be....

spike021

I don't think you chances in that dropped, just 'cause Steve isn't at Macworld this year.

Maybe he's looking for you ;)
Nah, seriously (as hard as that is) while we're at THAT topic, I'd like to work in the gaming industry.... making games the way they are supposed to be....

Lol. Too true.

It was either gaming or programming in general. I feel I could be a good script writer as well, but that's another story.

Games definitely need new people to freshen them up.

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
I want to see an iPod Touch with very good battery life.

Seriously, my cousin only has the 1g model, and it goes fast.

So does the iphone, but it's about average for 3g phones.

----
I might pick up a refurb 8gb 3G Iphone in the next week or so when my family switches over to at&t . Right now we are half on verizon, and half on at&t.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
iPhone announced for CDMA carriers!!! Uh yeah, not for another year I think on that one :(

I'm expecting it to be announced for Verizon Wireless, although probably not right now since the BB just came out and is their flagship phone right now

Seth

MD Party Room
I want to see an iPod Touch with very good battery life.
I havent had any real problem with my battery...It got threw 2 full movies once..

Tho with more and more people using it with wifi and playing games and stuff a battery upgrade would be wise.

Other then that it beats the hell out of my zune.

Also here the rumor roundup

New iMac and Mac Mini - NVIDIA Based
17" MacBook Pro - Fixed Battery
iLife '09. iWork '09 - The Cloud
Snow Leopard
Lager iPhone and iPhone Nano
Cinema Displays / Mac Pros / Home Media Server / Tablet or PDA!

3rd Party

- Google is rumored (unconfirmed) to be releasing a Mac version of Picasa.
- CulturedCode will be releasing the 1.0 version of Things, a task management app for the Mac.
- Freeverse Slotz Racer iPhone/iPod Touch game.
- Delicious Monster hints at a free iPhone app.
- Filemaker 10 said to be announced on Monday.

The Keynote begins at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, January 6th, 2009

eighty4

Apparently the reason Steve wont do it is because of his health. Which, to me, is sad. If Steve were to get too ill to continue his job it would take a certain edge off me buying a Mac.

Seth

MD Party Room
Also might I add apple has said this to be the last macworld..

Joey

Apparently the reason Steve wont do it is because of his health. Which, to me, is sad. If Steve were to get too ill to continue his job it would take a certain edge off me buying a Mac.

That's just about the stupidest thing I've ever read.