• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Macworld

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Uh no...he is an EXCELLENT keynote presenter in my opinion and him being on stage, presenting the new products is what I've been accustomed to. Nothing beats the CEO of a company talking about new products. I think it does matter who does the presentation, anyone who says otherwise is just ignorant. I'm not talking about buying something because Steve Jobs says it is awesome...I never suggested that in my post. I talked about how his is a good speaker and how I enjoy watching is presentations - that is why I care about Steve Jobs not being the speaker at the keynote.

Well, that makes him a masterful orator. Which I agree with.

Bump: I'm hoping for a new Software/App package for iPhone/Touch again like last year, that way I can use my iTunes gift cards for something useful.

Joey

It's just what DFS once used to act liek when he had alot of valuable intelligence, but now when he does it, it just doesn't do anything but make him look foolish.
You know that's a lie...

Seriously though people, do none of you know me? Do you not know that I'm being sarcastic nearly 100% of the time?

Honestly, do you think I was fucking serious with that post Slasher? Give me more fucking credit than that. IT WAS A JOOOOOOOOKE...

Vee

Apple has failed to 'wow' me with anything these past few years. Nothing they've put out is under the same 'I gotta have it!' as earlier iPods.

Yeah, but you're right.... Not the usual "WOW, now THATS innovative" as one is used from them....

You what?

The iPhone is one of the most innovative devices, ever created. That WOW'd everyone when it came out and is still doing that when i pull it out.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Hardly innovative, smartphones have been doing what the iphone has for years - just the iPhone is in a prettier package

Colm

The iPhone has gotten quite a developer following but it's in no way innovative. There's a lot of apps for the platform (which is why I love my iPod Touch) but it does nothing new.

Seth

MD Party Room
I feel it was just evolved everything...

Before Iphone mobile browsers sucked.
Before Iphone there where no good touch screen keyboards
Before Iphone Music players where just basic.
Before Iphone there was no where near a way to get 3 party apps to a wide market based like Itunes.
Before Iphone contracted phones never cost 600
Before Iphone you choulent get a phone with 8-16 gb of storage.
Before Iphone gps and maps on cellphones sucked.
Before Iphone and maybe to this day there hasent been responsive touch screen.
Before Iphone there where never so many 3ed party accessories for one phone.

And may others...

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I feel it was just evolved everything...

Before Iphone mobile browsers sucked. - Uh Opera Mobile? That has been constantly evolving
Before Iphone there where no good touch screen keyboards That's because most had dedicated keyboards or a letter recognizer (which is faster imo)
Before Iphone Music players where just basic. WinMo hardly had any basic media players
Before Iphone there was no where near a way to get 3 party apps to a wide market based like Itunes. the App Store didn't come out until later in the iPhone's life and I wouldn't give the revolutionary status of that to Apple...
Before Iphone contracted phones never cost 600 The iPhone was pretty pricey when it first came out, most smartphones had a lower contract price than the iPhone
Before Iphone you choulent get a phone with 8-16 gb of storage. No but you could get ones with removable storage that now allow up to 32gb of storage
Before Iphone gps and maps on cellphones sucked. Uh no, get out of your fanboy corner and realize that there have been Turn-by-Turn with WinMo devices and even Google Maps
Before Iphone and maybe to this day there hasent been responsive touch screen. My HTC Touch Pro has a very responsive touch screen and it's resisitve!
Before Iphone there where never so many 3ed party accessories for one phone. Uh all apple products have a ton of accessories

And may others...

All my remarks are highlighted in bold. I've had the opportunity to mess around with an iPhone shortly before it came out and after it came out, it's nothing revolutionary in my book.

As far as the keynote goes from Macworld - I would've been more excited if the Macbook had a numpad and the price wasn't out of my reach

Seth

MD Party Room
10:15AM - Three USB, FireWire 800, the new glass trackpad, 2.93 Core 2 Duo processors, up to 8GB of memory at 1GHz DDR3, and the dual integrated/discrete GeFore 9400M and 9600M GT. Standard 320GB drive, up to 256GB SSD.

10:14AM - $50 anti-glare option! The only way to do this is to remove the glass from the front, and put a metal bezel on the front.

Not bad...

Joey

Anti-glare option for what? If it's for the Macbook, I might splurge... That's the one thing I hate about it.

Joey

I believe it's for the new 17" which has an outrageous price tag of $2799

I don't understand the idea of a 17" Apple notebook... If it's 17", it's no longer portable, and if it's not portable, then just get a mac mini, or an iMac.

The only reason to ever get a desktop replacement laptop is for gaming, in which case, you wouldn't by a Mac anyway.

Seth

MD Party Room
I think there doing a 15 inch also...

Seth

MD Party Room
I have a 14 inch..It not to bad... I like it more than my dads 15.4 inch....

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
8 hour battery life sounds nice, but how long does it last while using intensive programs or gaming ?