• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

MAG Discussion

El Diablo

I think it sounds spectacular, and the beta was pretty fun. That many people makes for a great game, especially when you NEED to work as a team and do the objectives (as opposed to mw2 or what not where people play everything as if its just deathmatch).

Normally I don't care about graphics a whole lot because gameplay > graphics by far, however in the beta the game was not pleasing to the eyes at all and looked more like a ps2 game as opposed to a current gen game.

Maybe not spectacular, but at least good :p

Dan

Contributor
It's out? Damn, I thought it would have been really hyped up.

I guess people weren't too impressed by the demo then. I know I wasn't.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Just wondering if anyone has picked this up yet and played it. Everything I saw from videos and screen shots made it look epic but when I played the open beta it was (understandably) no where near the quality of the developer videos and what not. I'm just wondering if it's it's worth buying and playing, or is it still pretty close to the beta in terms of graphics and what not.

I merged your thread with the one already in existence about this game.

I'm on the fence with this one. I'm still playing MW2 a lot and with ME2 and BioShock 2 here, this will get put on the back burner for me.

El Diablo

Thanks Abe, I was almost positive there was another thread on it but I couldn't find it due to "mag" being too short to search for.

Slasher

Suck It
So uh, has anybody purchased the actual final game yet?

I tried out the beta and was not at all very impressed. The general game mechanics just felt weird to me, it didn't feel like a proper shooter.

What I'm wondering now is, is the final game pretty well exactly like how the beta was? I've been watching some gameplay vids of MAG (final released version), and it looks a hell of a lot better than what I was playing in the beta. So either, these vids are fooling me, or they've actually improved the game mechanics since release. :eek:

Can somebody who has played both the beta and the final confirm or deny this for me? Thanks