• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

MAG Discussion

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I played for over an hour and it is massively confusing. This game is going to have like a three hour learning curve for me.

There is only one mode of play available at the moment, Acquisition. Which basically has you attacking or defending. If you're attacking, you've got to steal two prototype vehicles and bring them back to some location far away from the action. You can also blow up key locations across the map like bynkers where enemies spawn from, motor pools, mortar locations, etc.

If you are defending, you just hold all of these fortified locations.

I played as Valor for four matches and we were attacking every time.

There's also a pretty confusing weapon upgrade/perk system.

James.

User Not Found
Would you think this could contribute to a PS3 purchase?
Im sitting on the fence atm, with the ps3 price cut and my lack of a bluray player I might buy the slim...

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'm not going to make a decision yet, but I'm leaning towards yes. It plays very similar to Battlefield: Bad Company.

Adiuvo

I'm glad it's not super simple. That drives me away from most FPSs.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
What are your impressions on the beta now that you have had more time with it Abe?

Sorry for the delay, I missed this.

Having spent more time with this, I decided I'm going to pass. It's just not fun.

The gameplay mechanics aren't in line with what I like in a FPS, neither are the default controls.

People snipe non-stop and since the maps are so big, and the objectives clearly placed on everyone maps, be prepared to head towards them and get sniped immediately. Then span 500 yards away and repeat.

I think there will be better shooters out to waste my time with than this.

Adiuvo

Once you shoot it the bullet instantly hits, and you don't need to compensate for the lag of the bullet, only actual lag if you have a high ping.

If it is, the sniping problem probably wouldn't get better. Hitscan sniper rifles are pretty easy to aim with.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'm not sure, I haven't tried sniping yet. I'm enjoy running and gunning more than camping looking down a sniper scope.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Qore subscribers got their codes last night, so if you know someone who already was in the beta and also a Qore subscriber, hit them up.

My second code is already gone.

spitfireuk

FRAGSTATIC!!
I just got my email. Can't be bothered going on it now, though.

u should at least just get the updates etc for it now during the time window

i'm just waiting for mine now

just a thought can you game share with MAG?

Dan

Contributor
I suppose your right.

I started updating about 5 minutes ago, right now it's on 2%, 55.85/2661.35MB. I find it ridiculous for a BETA.