• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Modern Warfare 2

Joey

3rd person mode is where its at.
I find it so much more fun then first person. Reminds me of socom.

That's funny, because SOCOM 2 is one of my all-time great time sinks... If MW2 can bring back some happy memories of SOCOM 2, then... Well, why beat around the bush? It'll be the best game ever.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
That's funny, because SOCOM 2 is one of my all-time great time sinks... If MW2 can bring back some happy memories of SOCOM 2, then... Well, why beat around the bush? It'll be the best game ever.

Indeed, except it's GRAW for me.

the only con I hate about this game is the kool-aid blood. I miss the old COD4 blood.

Hope they have some kind of update to switch it to classic.

Robby

Los Doyers!
the only con I hate about this game is the kool-aid blood. I miss the old COD4 blood.

Hope they have some kind of update to switch it to classic.
Blood on the screen? Oh I barely notice it.

I've been playing this game non stop since it got leaked, at first I was annoy at the blood splatter. But now I don't even notice it, trust me once you start playing it for awhile you don't even notice the blood.

Same here, Socom 2 was one of my favorite game, I played it all the time.
MW2 has brought back those memories for me and added its own.

3rd person is so much fun, right now they only have 3rd person Team Deathmatch, Demolition, Domination, and Capture the flag.

Here is a video my friend recorded of 3rd person.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omLLtj3mlk4[/YT]

Joey

Blood on the screen? Oh I barely notice it.

I've been playing this game non stop since it got leaked, at first I was annoy at the blood splatter. But now I don't even notice it, trust me once you start playing it for awhile you don't even notice the blood.

Same here, Socom 2 was one of my favorite game, I played it all the time.
MW2 has brought back those memories for me and added its own.

3rd person is so much fun, right now they only have 3rd person Team Deathmatch, Demolition, Domination, and Capture the flag.

Here is a video my friend recorded of 3rd person.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omLLtj3mlk4[/YT]
Wow, that looks really good actually... You know, kind of like how Socom Confrontation should have played.

Jeez, IW basically made a better SOCOM game than Slant-Six by accident.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Wow, that looks really good actually... You know, kind of like how Socom Confrontation should have played.

Jeez, IW basically made a better SOCOM game than Slant-Six by accident.
Don't even talk about Confrontation, I was so disappointed by that game. I had high hopes because I love the Socom series, but that game was garbage, especially the first few weeks after launch.

Yeah 3rd person is really really fun, I'm glad IW put this feature in it.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM EST ----------

I'm really starting to regret getting L4D2 instead of this...

I've played the demo for L4D2 and it really doesn't have me impress. I mean L4D1 was a fun game to play with friends, but after a month it got kinda boring for me. It needed more content and L4D2 doesn't look like it added enough.

I thought CoD4 was a near perfect game and I didn't think anyone can 1 up it, but man oh man MW2 definitely takes the cake.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM EST ----------

Damn I just looked at the leaderboards and there are over 50,000 people that have a rank on MW2.

When I first started playing, there was only 150 total people with rank including the developers, now its over 50k.

Either their are alot more pirates then I thought there was, or some places got their game early.

I'm in the top 1k still xD

eighty4

Gamestop released it early.

I beat the game and I for one can say that the ending is epic on all levels.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yeah a bunch of my friends got the game at gamestop. Some of them got the prestige edition also.
Too bad I pre-ordered my prestige edition on Amazon

Robby

Los Doyers!
Only if you live in selected areas in the east-coast.

You can get a copy because of small game stores already breaking release date, Activision has granted certain gamestops to allow them to sell the game so they won't lose sales.

Colm

As someone who loved L4D and wasn't going to be one of those L4D2 boycotters, I found that the demo just played too much like l4d with a couple of extra weapons, a new enemy or two, and machetes. Not enough to go full-price. MW2 and Uncharted 2 look set to be the two games I'm going to get imported from the USA

LocutusEstBorg

I just realized that this time around they are probably going to fleece PC users for the map packs, since everything is on Steam! PC users got the map packs for free for MW and WAW. And they've already announced that they are planning 3 map packs. There is no way I'm paying fucking 10$ for each map pack! Thats 1500 Rupees just for the map packs! I bought the whole damn game for Rs.1185!!

How could I have not foreseen this BS. I'm regretting buying this "subscription" instead of L4D2.

This is probably why they disabled all user created content. The map packs could simply have been extracted and loaded as a custom map.

Colm

I can still play CoDWAW without owning any of the mappacks.
Just... I have no interest in playing CoDWAW :p

Mappacks are optional, blame Activison for wanting money for low quality content. The real beauty of this game should be in the SP storyline.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Don't buy the Map Pack then.
You can still play CoD4 and CoD:WaW without buying any map packs and I'm sure MW2 will be the same.