• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Modern Warfare 2

waiting on PC...

is fuel that large?

Robby

Los Doyers!
I would say its the biggest map. It is like 2 medium sized maps combined so there are 2 main fighting areas. Even though its so big, it not as open as say wasteland.

LocutusEstBorg

I regret wasting money on this. After buying the original, I'm reduced to playing on AlterIWNet because there are no damn hosts on the original.

I regret wasting money on this. After buying the original, I'm reduced to playing on AlterIWNet because there are no damn hosts on the original.
I think 1.3.371 is on hold until DLC comes out.

also new console Login looks pretty neat and reads off phpbb database.

Edit: this is what I love about AlterIWNet...LOBBY CONTROL!!!
captureaqn.jpg

I think [HIGHLIGHT]1.3.37[/HIGHLIGHT]1 is on hold until DLC comes out.

also new console Login looks pretty neat and reads off phpbb database.

Edit: this is what I love about AlterIWNet...LOBBY CONTROL!!!
[qimg]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3357/captureaqn.jpg[/qimg]

Really?

But, on topic, how is AlterIWNet? Full of hackers? Hosts available? VAC Bannable?

Curious, seeing as I haven't touched multiplayer in ages now.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
So I hear Resurgence is worth the money, unlike Stimulus.
Now I just need the money xD

LocutusEstBorg

12000 players in TDM, 2 minutes to get into a lobby and finally it has 300ms latency.
The DLC game modes have like 800 players at any point. It looks like buying it is a COMPLETE waste of money on the PC. You'll never ever get to play the maps.

AlterIWNet on the other hand, the only maps you play are the new ones. And in my region, I get into a game in a few seconds with 50ms latency.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSV-LanOeLw[/YT]

:D

how is AlterIWNet? Full of hackers? Hosts available? VAC Bannable?
Pretty Good, Custom Playlist like Global Thermal Nuclear War, yes full of hackers and cheaters but Anti-Cheat called CIA is going to take care of it and Level Hacks will be reset and encrypted.

The screen shot was a program Blackhoe's MW2 Host I download from the forums. not a official alteriwnet feature.

you can visit their Development Road Map and see the upcoming features. Also Stats of how many players and lobbies setup.

Team Deathmatch
Mercenary Team Deathmatch
Free-for-all
Domination
Ground War
Demolition
Sabotage
Arena
Search and Destroy
Capture the Flag
One-Flag CTF
Hardcore Ricochet: SD
Headcore Team Deathmatch
3rd Person Team Tactical
Global Thermonuclear War
Hardcore Team Tactical*
Headquarters Pro
Stimulus*
Die-Hard Team Deathmatch*

* - Stimlus playlist DLC

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Pretty Good, Custom Playlist like Global Thermal Nuclear War, yes full of hackers and cheaters but Anti-Cheat called CIA is going to take care of it and Level Hacks will be reset and encrypted.

The screen shot was a program Blackhoe's MW2 Host I download from the forums. not a official alteriwnet feature.

you can visit their Development Road Map and see the upcoming features. Also Stats of how many players and lobbies setup.

Team Deathmatch
Mercenary Team Deathmatch
Free-for-all
Domination
Ground War
Demolition
Sabotage
Arena
Search and Destroy
Capture the Flag
One-Flag CTF
Hardcore Ricochet: SD
Headcore Team Deathmatch
3rd Person Team Tactical
Global Thermonuclear War
Hardcore Team Tactical*
Headquarters Pro
Stimulus*
Die-Hard Team Deathmatch*

* - Stimlus playlist DLC

I thought they said level hacks were OK? :p

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Finally bought some Microsoft Points for Resurgence today and the funniest thing happened.
Basically I have a friend over and we both wanted to play Resurgence, so I downloaded it on my Xbox then recovered my gamertag on his Xbox and downloaded it again.
He then booted MW2, signed out of me and signed into him.
I then signed in to me, completely forgetting at the time that I had recovered to his console.
We played around 8 games, playing at least 1 game on each of the new 5 maps, including a game where I got a nuke, before I finally got kicked from live being told my gamer profile was invalid and that I had to recover my gamertag.
I had no clue what was going on at first then I remembered :p

El Diablo

Hey guys I have a question about alteriwnet. If you download and install it and what not, can you still play on regular servers or do you need to completely remove it to go back? My friend lets me use his steam account sometimes to play it on the PC but since I already have it downloaded I figured I might as well get alteriwnet so I can play it without his account, then play regular when he's not using his.