• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[PLEASE READ] MforMature Merging With eXophase

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Eh, why not :p

Anything that could even have the potential to increase activity here would be welcomed. The name's not a huge deal IMO.

And am I mistaken but weren't we originally like partnered with exophase or something?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

Anything that could even have the potential to increase activity here would be welcomed. The name's not a huge deal IMO.

And am I mistaken but weren't we originally like partnered with exophase or something?

x3sphere allowed for article syndication, meaning we took articles directly from him to allow us to start up with a steady stream of content. We've always been closely working with x3sphere in a "partnership" since the start, we're just taking it to the next level now.

Moose

Meta Moose

Yes, we were previously provided with news articles from eXophase that would be displayed on the front page to help the site find steady ground when it began, however recently this has stopped due to the obvious problems surrounding one site using another as the main source of articles. Of course, this merger will effectively 're-introduce' this partnership (except rather than two different sites, we will be one) and both sites will receive benefits from each other as explained in the OP.

TeamOverload

Should work out for the best, will be nice to see some more activity around here. That being said this is one of my favorite communities around, and I'd really hate to see it go downhill as a result. I doubt feel it will, just throwing that out there.

Also, for those who are asking for some part of the MForMature to stay, why not give everyone a special image user title for being a MFM vet, or something along the lines of that, if they registered here before the merger.

Not sure if this was mentioned and I missed it, but is there an approximate time frame of when and how this is supposed to go down?

Robby

Los Doyers!
I am so use to the name MforMature and the small community of regulars we have here that it might be weird to welcome alot of members from exophase.

That is just me and my personal opinion. But I am sure the merge will go as planned and things will be for the best.

But I will miss our name, its one that stands out and really describes most of the community members here.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Should work out for the best, will be nice to see some more activity around here. That being said this is one of my favorite communities around, and I'd really hate to see it go downhill as a result. I doubt feel it will, just throwing that out there.

Also, for those who are asking for some part of the MForMature to stay, why not give everyone a special image user title for being a MFM vet, or something along the lines of that, if they registered here before the merger.

Not sure if this was mentioned and I missed it, but is there an approximate time frame of when and how this is supposed to go down?

That's a pretty good idea, a subtle way for the MFM name to live on. As far as the approximate time frame: whenever we have time. It's a long process and something that must be tested first. I personally have no idea how long it will take once we start getting things moving but hopefully sooner than later.

We wanted to hear what the community has to say first before formally starting the process so we haven't actually started anything yet to my knowledge.

@Robby - we are all sad to see the M for Mature name go, we chose it for this site after all. We've all come attached to it and was the largest part holding us back from moving forward with the merger.

Spiros

Maiki

Yeah Abe said there is no "when", but the merger would be soon if the community was for it.

TeamOverload said:
Sounds good to me.

Sounds Good.

I was always surprised when MfM announced it's split from eXophase, and always thought it had potential.

Pity we lose the name, however. Isn't there some place we can just stick it for good ol' times?

Like.

EDIT: Also, will we lose all of our current threads?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Sounds Good.

I was always surprised when MfM announced it's split from eXophase, and always thought it had potential.

Pity we lose the name, however. Isn't there some place we can just stick it for good ol' times?

Like.

EDIT: Also, will we lose all of our current threads?

No, the threads will migrate over as noted in the announcement

Chathurga

Good god people read the post.
What about a second dark theme with the MfM Logo? So there's be Default, Dark and Dark (MfM)?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'll also add that if you already have an account at eXo, your rep points and any user data specific to here will carry over. Post counts will be combined.

Spiros

Maiki
What about a second dark theme with the MfM Logo? So there's be Default, Dark and Dark (MfM)?
I think that would be a good compromise.

So, it would look just like it does now with MforMature logo at the top?

PR0fessor Burnt

I'll also add that if you already have an account at eXo, your rep points and any user data specific to here will carry over. Post counts will be combined.

I'll have over 1500 post :w00t:

For the mfm vet thing how about a little emblem besides the name ?

Hellcat

Contributor
I like Exophase, and I lurk around on the exo forums as well, I can see only benefits for both sites.

BTW: what happens if you have an account on both sites with the same (user)name?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
How about my contrib status, weekly PS Store updates I've started and the podcast thing I was about to organize? Doesn't this send all that down the drain?

Also, I'm also not too fond of eXophase, but I respect x3sphere and all admins here and if they think this is for the best, I'll go along with it :)

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
How about my contrib status, weekly PS Store updates I've started and the podcast thing I was about to organize? Doesn't this send all that down the drain?
Contributor status won't be revoked in the transition. We will be cleaning house so to speak so inactive contribs, moderators, staff on either site will be subject to being retired but you don't need to worry.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Contributor status won't be revoked in the transition. We will be cleaning house so to speak so inactive contribs, moderators, staff on either site will be subject to being retired but you don't need to worry.

Good to know :)

How about my weekly PS Store thing? I was kinda enjoying it, but I guess since we're merging we'll keep the eXophase one right?

I just want to make sure, since I was going to keep working towards doing more cool stuff for the site... :p