• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[PLEASE READ] MforMature Merging With eXophase

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
It wouldn't be fair if we took our name over eXophase since x3sphere started the site long before we started MfM. Our current name also is an obstacle for us (self-explanatory)

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
This forum needs new members. Smart talk among other sections are practically dead, we definitely need some new blood around here.

Heh. I kinda agree with that. But, every new person you guys(we?) get, you either mess with, or are wannabe hackers. I mean, it wouldn't be a bad thing to get new people around, as long as they are willing to learn something new, or are contributing to the community. As far as the merging goes, I personally thought the MfM+eXo partnership was no more?

I honestly don't have much to say about it, other than what I just stated.

Adiuvo

The MFM-Exo partnership in terms of directly sharing articles no longer exists, but the sites do continue to help each other as evidenced by the discussion of a merger.

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
I don't really like the thought of losing the MforMature name, but the advantages by doing a complete merger are obvious. I haven't been very active the past few months but by and far the reason I continue to pop back in is for the community. Again, I haven't kept in touch much lately but there are a few people on here I would definitely consider friends.

So as long as it's in the community's best interest - I'm all for it.

Serideth

I'm all for this and personally believe the merge present the community with a lot more to offer.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
going from a split to a merge, quite interesting

i'll still be lurking around the dev sections, u've no complaints from me

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
Good luck with the merge guys. I hope it goes well. Just be sure to send out e-mails/notifs of the new forum link and when the merge will be complete. We could always do with more members and I hope exophase will bring us increased popularity and experience to our forums.

I know this may be a tedious task and people may be against it but i think in the end it should work out if the merge doesn't mess up. Please take espcially good care when merging the member details, forums sections and posts.

One thing i'd like to ask is: wat are you going to do when a person has a user name on M4M (me) and a different person has the same user name on eXophase? I just tried making an account there and some one has the same username as me so i couldn't do it :(

PR0fessor Burnt

Good luck with the merge guys. I hope it goes well. Just be sure to send out e-mails/notifs of the new forum link and when the merge will be complete. We could always do with more members and I hope exophase will bring us increased popularity and experience to our forums.

I know this may be a tedious task and people may be against it but i think in the end it should work out if the merge doesn't mess up. Please take espcially good care when merging the member details, forums sections and posts.

One thing i'd like to ask is: wat are you going to do when a person has a user name on M4M (me) and a different person has the same user name on eXophase? I just tried making an account there and some one has the same username as me so i couldn't do it :(

I'm sure if you PM x3sphere that he could check to see if the person is active or not and them change that guy's user name to something so you could have yours

Spiros

Maiki
I checked to see if my username is free, it is, I have a question, should I be registering it on eXophase to reserve it for myself, or is it safe now because my registration here would be longer than anyone registering that username on eXophase? Just asking because I don't want to register there if it's unnecessary; more work for you guys.

Also, any updates on how the merge is going?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
You won't need to register over there for the merge. You can if you want to, but it's not needed.

It's going slow and steady. We're getting closer.

Spiros

Maiki
Good to hear, I won't bother registering as it would just be more data for you guys to merge. Aslong as my username is safe I'm a happy boy.

mootjeuh

I read the first post a few while ago, but I didn't feel like reading the following 10 pages XD so sorry if this has already been asked.
What will happen to our accounts, will there be new ones created with a sexy custom user title saying "MfM Immigrant" (lol), or do we have to create 'em ourselves?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I read the first post a few while ago, but I didn't feel like reading the following 10 pages XD so sorry if this has already been asked.
What will happen to our accounts, will there be new ones created with a sexy custom user title saying "MfM Immigrant" (lol), or do we have to create 'em ourselves?

Your accounts will be migrated over without you having to do anything. We haven't talked about it much but the "MfM Member/Immigrant" title may not be automatic, I'm still not certain.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Thanks, thats nice to hear.
And the moderators and admins over here, will they also get status over there?

We'll do a purge of inactive staff over here when we transfer over but the majority of us will stay on and maintain our same roles/positions.

Dan

Contributor
The Exophase boards have already started changing. Go check them out if you haven't already :)