• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[PLEASE READ] MforMature Merging With eXophase

well I do see downloads section and Twitter which fill in the cracks of whats missing here

Bran

Yell
I'm only concerned with our core community. Does exophase even have a core community?

4 active members and almost 200 guests seems pretty soulless. Maybe we'd be doing them a favor by going over there.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
I'm only concerned with our core community. Does exophase even have a core community?

4 active members and almost 200 guests seems pretty soulless. Maybe we'd be doing them a favor by going over there.
eXophase doesn't have a real core community, the active members there also are active here. To be honest, it should be obvious that there would/should be benefits on both sides if we merge. As explained in the OP there's a lot of lurkers there who we hope will be inclined to participate in our daily discussions.

the front site looks ok but the forums, I just think it will be messy as hell to merge it.

I'm sure you've noticed that it was mentioned that our forums structure and plugins etc. will be the ones used. The actual merging of data might be messy as you think but that's really our issue to overcome isn't it?? Once we're ready (having setup and tested the scripts) you should expect a seamless transition.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

That's are intent, is that bringing over our existing community that we will stimulate more discussion and have more people join up. That's always the hardest part with many sites opting to do contests to get members to join up and posts, but we don't have the resources to do something like that. We also want members to join because they want to, not because they want to win a prize.

Having a small community has its benefits and we all enjoy these benefits. However it's not like eXophase has much of a participating community to make a difference when we merge. You'll still be able to visit our IRC channel (we need to iron out details on that later) and still will find the same people in there. IRC has served as a great place for our regulars/vets to go and chat with others in an informal setting and I think that is crucial to maintain.

Abe and myself will still be writing articles for eXophase and you will still see my Xbox 360 / PC bias towards articles (I hardly ever cover PS3/Wii news). We will still accept community-written articles (contributors) and really pride ourselves in giving our uses the opportunity to do so.

The forum structure at eXophase will come to resemble our existing forum structure and posts will be moved over. Sure it may be "messy" at first but once we get a few days or weeks into the merge then you will see that mess clean itself up.

@yolarrydabomb: We're hoping to expand our use of twitter in the near future to be more than just a syndication of our articles. Although this is all just a thought right now, but something that I would like to pursue in the future.

Well give it the OK then... (not a hell yes or no)

but like somebody said on here.. just never care about eXophase site that can be change.

Bill

This will be good for both sites. eXo has great news resources and MfM has a great community. 1 + 1 = awesome in this regard. Also, they're going to do their best so that us users don't have any hassle. I don't see any real problems here.

elite

Oldie moldie
Second that. :) I think it'd be a good merge. The only thing I am afraid off is the loss of enticing members in spite the fact that they dislike/underestimate this merge.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I go away for a week and come back to this? xD
I'm all for the merge. As said before, hopefully the discussions held on MfM would entice the guests to register and become a part of the community.

With post counts being combined, I'll have 2630 posts :D
Hopefully I keep my join date for eXophase though, 1st of March 2007 xD

EDIT: Just a small addition but I wanted to just say that personally, between eXophase and MforMature as a name. I prefer MforMature but I totally understand that eXophase would be better known.

Muratcan

I am so use to the name MforMature and the small community of regulars we have here that it might be weird to welcome alot of members from exophase.

But I will miss our name, its one that stands out and really describes most of the community members here.
I'm not that phased by it tbh. Assuming most of the members here hail back from the PSP Hacker days, then name changing is tradition; a refreshing cycle. PSP Hacker to PSP Updates was surprising, especially considering how Updates was an antithesis of Hacker, and all we stood for! (lol). Updates slowly fizzled out in favour of the unusual QJ.net name and then from that to MforMature was weird. Exophase sounds cool though so I'm all for it this time.

I remember back in the hey day of the PSP scene I downloaded a few apps from the Exophase forum attachments. IIRC Custom Themes were a big thing there?

Cloudy

I'm not that phased by it tbh. Assuming most of the members here hail back from the PSP Hacker days, then name changing is tradition; a refreshing cycle. PSP Hacker to PSP Updates was surprising, especially considering how Updates was an antithesis of Hacker, and all we stood for! (lol). Updates slowly fizzled out in favour of the unusual QJ.net name and then from that to MforMature was weird. Exophase sounds cool though so I'm all for it this time.

I remember back in the hey day of the PSP scene I downloaded a few apps from the Exophase forum attachments. IIRC Custom Themes were a big thing there?

You seem to be a little confused. Although QJ members founded this site, it really has no connection. This is the only rebranding that mformature has been through.

As I've not posted in the thread, I though I'd say that I think this can only bring good things. The more the merrier! Although I do wonder what will happen if you have different names on each forum and wish to merge them. I guess the admins will think of that!

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
I think he's just referring to the fact that a lot of us have gone through name changes of our "favorite" hang out before but you're correct that this is the first time for MfM.

That being said, unlike that other site we're not selling and leaving the community in the hands of some overlord you never see again after the first week (pspupdates was at it's best a shadow of psphacker, and so forth).

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Sounds good. Was hoping that they would move here, but I realise they've been going longer so the other way around makes sense.
Ah, I remember back in '08 when QJ fell apart and the vast majority of the members moved here.

Bran

Yell
I'm so glad I got off that QJ ship when the getting was good. I never had to deal with any of the shit that made all you guys leave.

Dan

Contributor
EforExophase!

No, that's just lame tbh.

I've changed my mind, I'm kinda excited about this. Perhaps I'd be able to contribute more to the community. End of school, new start and everything.

I'm so glad I got off that QJ ship when the getting was good. I never had to deal with any of the shit that made all you guys leave.

me too.
now it acts like a 3 year old own it.

EDIT: Just a small addition but I wanted to just say that personally, between eXophase and MforMature as a name. I prefer MforMature but I totally understand that eXophase would be better known.

My idea: URL redirect would let everybody know where eXophase went.

Chathurga

eXophase isn't going anywhere.
yolarrydabomb what age are you? From your post history I would guess early 10s.