• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Post your internet speed

dennis96411

We're getting cable today, or hopefully today, so say goodbye to this speed:

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.

O>O

Though it seems lately, my download rates on various sites has actually been not so good. Like getting under 300kb/s.

I haven't tested any torrents to see my rates on there though yet. on my 9megabit connection with charter I got speeds up to 1200kb/s with torrents.

angelsniper45

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Will only be able to enjoy this speed for two more semesters but I'm loving it while I have it:

952310094.png

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
HOLY CRAP. Do you actually get download rates, on par with that??

There really aren't any servers that allow me to take full advantage of the download speeds (aside from Steam) so generally not. Although I generally get 2.1 MB/s from megaupload/megashares when downloading TV shows

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Yeah, I would get that. I assume your torrent rates are along the lines of your Megaupload speeds? or even better probably.

Lately, I've been getting really bad rates from MU. less than 2/300kb/s

When I got 800kb/s+ on my old 9mbit connection. D:

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Yeah, I would get that. I assume your torrent rates are along the lines of your Megaupload speeds? or even better probably.

Lately, I've been getting really bad rates from MU. less than 2/300kb/s

When I got 800kb/s+ on my old 9mbit connection. D:

It seems lately that MU is unreliable in terms of always getting good speed. I often found myself canceling the download and trying it again to get 1MBs+ so I've stopped using it for the most part if I can (megashares always has a fast connection and it's free limit is enough for me to download TV shows when I need to)

LocutusEstBorg

When I get my 100Mbps internet /w 1Gbps to same ISP IPs nationally, I'm gonna own this thread. Not unlimited though, works out to $0.32/GiB and gets cheaper with bulk purchases. The 1Gbps with no transfer limit is gonna rock. Sharing stuff with people all over the country will never be this easy!

They've posted speedtest.net results and the connection saturates most of the speedtest servers!! Probably because the speedtest servers in this region aren't very fast considering the average connection is around 256Kbps.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Here's what happens when I go over my allotted bandwidth for the week:

988053859.png

Let's just say....I can't live like this. Luckily I have a work-around through the school's proxy server that allows me to get 20Mb/s down/up which is more acceptable although still not full speed

dennis96411

Well, here's TWC/Road Runner today:

Horrid upload!