• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Post your internet speed

If I had a choice for better internet then I would take it.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Something is wrong.

I should be getting 8+Mbps
but i'm capping at 3

on my brothers computer using wireless he gets a bigger ping by around 200ms but his speed is capped at 5.

I unplugged his wireless and i'm still getting 3.

WTHell is going on.

Could something in my system possibly be causing this???

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Shut down all computers, connect your computer or his directly into your router/modem and test the speed. If it is still slow, then you'll have to contact/complain to the ISP that it is slower than it should be

Trigun

Shut down all computers, connect your computer or his directly into your router/modem and test the speed. If it is still slow, then you'll have to contact/complain to the ISP that it is slower than it should be

Ok, i'll give this a try. Brb

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

nopez

RAH as if I didn't hate charter already enough

Something is wrong.
[qimg]http://www.speedtest.net/result/743349277.png[/qimg]

I should be getting 8+Mbps
but i'm capping at 3

on my brothers computer using wireless he gets a bigger ping by around 200ms but his speed is capped at 5.

I unplugged his wireless and i'm still getting 3.

WTHell is going on.

Could something in my system possibly be causing this???

Check your wires.

better yet check if your Network driver needs updated. I had this issue before on one computer that I own.

Trigun

I did that, updated drivers seemed to do nothing.
I connected the wireless to this PC and I got even slower speed. Which makes me believe something is wrong with my computer somehow b/c my other PC on wireless gets between 5/6 Mbps

Robby

Los Doyers!
745493272.png

This is what I get on my laptop. On my desktop it is usually 20Mb down and 2Mb up.

Robby

Los Doyers!
That is pretty good, your ping is 0.
I never seen that before.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
home

server

servergbit.jpg