• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 3.52-M33-4 Released

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psp351customfirmware.jpg

Not even a full day after 3.52-M33-3 was released, the team is back with the fourth update to its 3.52 custom firmware series, fixing some minor bugs.

IMPORTANT: agree with LICENSE.TXT conditions before installing the program.

Changes in M33-4 (mainly bugfix)

- Fixed the bug that caused CRC error when writing to flash usb in the XMB. Now writing
is OK.
- Added the new speeds to vshmenu and core, because we forgot in recovery.

AS we didnn't want to release a new update without something new, we worked in making
3.10/3.11 to work with popsloader, and that's it, the new popsloader plugins supports them.
Instruction for 3.10 and 3.11 are same as 3.30: you need pops.prx, popsman.prx and pafmini.prx
with the correct names in popsloader directory. And remember that savedata of 3.10-3.30 are incompatible
with those of 3.40+. We'll research if a solution for this is possible.

Team M33

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for yankee paranoids, a little word about the "brickers" issue.
We repeat it again: THERE IS NO MALICIOUS CODE inside M33.
Some of the files of this update are protected by encryption schemes to protect ourselves
from that page that annoys homebrew developers.
The keys for the decryption: the own update file.
So if the file is changed, the decrypted data is not the original one, and this causes the
wrong data to be written. There is no way you can call this malicious code as there is no explicit
code to brick nothing, it is the corruption of the update what actually causes the bad decrypted
data to be written.

Anyways in this update we check if decrypted data is wrong and in that case we write a recovery
warning the user what happened. It will activate usb, and it will allow you to execute a recovery
eboot.pbp... in a curious path ("ms0:/PSP/GAME/PS3NEWS_ARE_STEALERS_I_AM_NOT_GONNA_VISIT_THEM/EBOOT.PBP")
which is not at sight of an hex editor ;)

If you visited ps3news and bricked in last release, then blame his administrator.
He is the one that modified the files and had them in the server for lots of hours
knowing the consequences.

As this person doesn't care about publishing homebrew coders personal info because he thinks he's
funny and hursh doing that, we dont think he will mind either that we "leak" his data :)
After all is nformation that can be obtained publically.

To install the update, simply move the "PSP" folder contained in the archive to your memory stick, then run the update from the Game menu.

Download Custom Firmware 3.52-M33-3 Update 4 / Donate to Team M33

PSP 3.52 M33-4 [Team M33]

Roe

Nice one. I was hoping they would fix the flash0 thing soon. haha nice name for a folder. Wonder what it means???? xD

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
LMAO, Jeez, GREAT ANGER! That's awesome, they just released the actual street addy 'n' such. When they mean business they mean business, no?

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
ho, i forgot to say that if u are to scared to apgrade to 3.52 m33-3 update to this one,i think is comulative,it will let u go to recovery

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Why do some people just HAVE to be such dicks? It doesn't make much sense. Is it just money? Well, maybe someone will sue him and then he'll quit. Actually, he wouldn't quit, just move on to the next scam.

supaquickt

Yeh simply awesome, I love it how they say "we didn't want to release a new update without something new" so they just make 3.10/3.11 work with popsloader. Its like simple easy hours work haha. Also glad to see they built in a recovery mode for unsuspecting newbies who download from PS3news. Good work M33.

Cheezeball99

agreed Xd
it's like if you plug the internet line in their brains they're able to run the whole www. internet.

THE WWW!? I thought Lan and Megaman.exe had destroyed the WWW! Heh, nevermind. Anyway, yeah, it's kinda crazy, they just keep adding and adding great stuff.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
can i go straight to this update without using the m33-2 and m33-3 update first?

Yes. The only requirement is that you are running 3.52 M33.

shadowthor

Update works perfectly. It seems the banned site, placed the following response,

For the time being our Forums are turned OFF. This is at the owner's request of former Web site PS2Ownz (which is the predecessor of where we reside today). Apparently what happened is M33 released a file which contains his personal data, and at this time we are kindly asking other Web sites to remove this information so that the harassment stops.

Respected PSP sceners including Dark_AleX have been in favor of this personal data attack, but their addresses and other personal info have NOT been published and we would like to end the bickering right now versus allowing it to escalate even further.

If this is acceptable then we will completely purge our Forums of all past releases and related posts, and only link to their official Web sites with their official releases from this time onward giving them full credit and donations as they wish.

If it is not acceptable then our only choice will be to defend ourselves by doing what was done to the PS2Ownz owner which we do not wish to be done to anyone.

Please contact us (Dark_AleX, M33, Wildcard) if you would like to end this now and we will reply to you ASAP... if we do not hear from you in a reasonable amount of time (next day or two) then we will be forced into defending ourselves I guess.

_________
I personally think that it serves them right. M33 good job.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Will be interesting to see what they do. D_A or Wildcard have no intention of cooperating with them.

Cheezeball99

Will be interesting to see what they do. D_A or Wildcard have no intention of cooperating with them.

I wouldn't assume so; NO ACTS OF TREASON.

GPUX

Update works perfectly. It seems the banned site, placed the following response,

For the time being our Forums are turned OFF. This is at the owner's request of former Web site PS2Ownz (which is the predecessor of where we reside today). Apparently what happened is M33 released a file which contains his personal data, and at this time we are kindly asking other Web sites to remove this information so that the harassment stops.

Respected PSP sceners including Dark_AleX have been in favor of this personal data attack, but their addresses and other personal info have NOT been published and we would like to end the bickering right now versus allowing it to escalate even further.

If this is acceptable then we will completely purge our Forums of all past releases and related posts, and only link to their official Web sites with their official releases from this time onward giving them full credit and donations as they wish.

If it is not acceptable then our only choice will be to defend ourselves by doing what was done to the PS2Ownz owner which we do not wish to be done to anyone.

Please contact us (Dark_AleX, M33, Wildcard) if you would like to end this now and we will reply to you ASAP... if we do not hear from you in a reasonable amount of time (next day or two) then we will be forced into defending ourselves I guess.

_________
I personally think that it serves them right. M33 good job.

bastards didn't even properly apologize.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
bastards didn't even properly apologize.

heh, yeah, and they want people to remove their address information from sites? As far as I'm concerned it's part of the readme, and I won't be editing that out.

A

Alucard

I hate to overreact, but now he has to worry about some crazy person showing up at his house and doing something bad to him or even his family. He should move himself and his family out of that address ASAP.

That alone would be a reason for this site to not post his address. I would hate to have a guilty conscience if something bad did happen.

I don't agree with what PS3news does, and I'm pretty sure that the PS3news admin deserves every bit of it, but I other people that are not involved could get caught in the middle.

I know that I'm going to get a lot of flak for this post, but that's the way I think.