• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 3.71 M33 Released

Richlando

That is odd, because if the mem stick is removed AND the battery is out then there shouldn't be any way that the plugins are loading. And I don't see how they could have damaged your flash since no flashing should have been done by those prx's..

Keep trying? It did take me several tries. If not, then full brick..sorry.
(Still shouldn't have messed his flash up?????)

On a side note, anyone gonna resond to my query about popsloader?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
That is odd, because if the mem stick is removed AND the battery is out then there shouldn't be any way that the plugins are loading. And I don't see how they could have damaged your flash since no flashing should have been done by those prx's..

(Still shouldn't have messed his flash up?????)

On a side note, anyone gonna resond to my query about popsloader?

Popsloader doesn't work right now as it needs to be updated for 3.71 M33. Sony changed a bunch of things in 3.71 and as a result it has broken nearly all the old plugins :sad:

Zante

Not your fault. :]

There's more to it. The original problem was that after installing the extender, my PSP slim would not save wallpaper. As wallpaper is not saved to the memory stick this led to all sorts of assumptions regarding Flash1, I used the recovery menu to format it multiple times but the same problem kept arising, the wallpaper never saved. I even used v2 of the special Flash1 formatting tool. I was advised to fiddle with my Flash1 manually (move and exchange files) which then led to it bricking. It's mostly my fault but the original problem started right after I installed the extender. I even disabled the plugins before it bricked.

The PSP came up with an error stating that the Flash was corrupted and that it would make an attempt to fix things, no such luck. That's what bricked it.

I happen to have made a backup of my Flash1 files before the brick, I don't know if it'll be of any use. I thought that if I was able to access the Flash1 again that I could restore the backup I made.

Am I correct in understanding that an unbricker would not help me then?

/shame

I might have to return it.

bsizzle

agreed

wow....i'm amazed.....to be honest i was still on 3.40 OE cause i felt that it would feel odd not using D_A's work....and now i find out it was his all along... o_O

how old is D_A anyway?...

if i was a scout for any big software/hardware manufactor i'd probally offer this guy a really plush job....lmao.

remember how team m33 said they reversed engineered D_A's code?...wonder if it was just him reverse enginering his own cause he lost the source....that's be crazy...lol

I also stuck by trusty old 3.40 being skeptical about m33 and not wanting to trust some russian team that popped up from nowhere and reverse engineered d_a's work. o_O

i felt horrible inside when he "left" knowing he was (is) the best out there. and never bothered to upgrade out of respect for his work.

Dark_Alex, you tricky bastard you =P!~ i feel a lot better knowing it's been you all along. I felt the need to create an account so i could post this for some reason lol. Time has come for me to move on to 3.71.

later =), Bsizzle

s2000_77

im so confused...what exactly does this firmware 3.71 m33 do?? will it allow me to finally fix and downgrade from version 3.11?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
im so confused...what exactly does this firmware 3.71 m33 do?? will it allow me to finally fix and downgrade from version 3.11?

@s2000_77: has nothing to do with downgrading. 3.71 M33 is a custom firmware that gives you all the features of 3.71 plus homebrew support.

As for downgrading firmware 3.11, yes it can be done. Download the 3.11 downgrade by Noobz here: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3453

@Rubbberninja: Firmware 3.71? You'll first need to downgrade to a homebrew-capable firmware. Check out Pandora's Battery: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3238

vanillasky

3.77 issue with pspcomic?

hi i just upgraded my psp from 3.52m33 to 3.71m33 .. it seems like it has an issue with the pspcomic reader... everytime i try to open my pspcomic it has this error THE GAME COULD NOT BE STARTED (8002014c).... i tried deleting the program in my game folder and pasted a fresh copic but it had the same result... encountered this?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hi i just upgraded my psp from 3.52m33 to 3.71m33 .. it seems like it has an issue with the pspcomic reader... everytime i try to open my pspcomic it has this error THE GAME COULD NOT BE STARTED (8002014c).... i tried deleting the program in my game folder and pasted a fresh copic but it had the same result... encountered this?

Normal. I believe PSPComic is written for the 1.50 kernel, which 3.71 M33 is currently lacking.

Have you tried loading it with the new eLoader?

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3540

Acerthief

Acerthief

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
how do i install the eloader thing? newbie here.. sorry...

You just launch it like any other homebrew application. It will scan all directories in your GAME folder and list all the applications it can run.