• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 3.90 M33

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psplogo4.jpg

Talk about quick! Homebrew developer Dark_AleX has now released PSP custom firmware 3.90 M33. The firmware update can be applied either directly via Network Update, or by following the manual instructions below.[blockquote2]Instructions

- Copy the UPDATE folder into /PSP/GAME/
- Get the 3.90 sony update from somewhere, and put it in same folder, with name "390.PBP".
Alternatively, you can let the installer to download for you via wifi.
- Run it, the update will be done by Sony updater. At the end when you are asked to reboot the
PSP pressing X or O, do it.

Changes:

- 3.80 -> 3.90
- March33 NO UMD: fixed (yet another) bug related with exiting with home. (infinite semaphore wait)

Changes in updater:

- The degeneration check and correction of IDS keys happens too in 3.71 now.
- Added code to download 3.90 PBP from net via wifi.
Note that his code is not yet 100% stable, it may crash when selecting AP. In that case,
reinit the installer.
- L+triangle has been restored as method to bypass battery.
If you already have 390.PBP keep those buttons pressed until you see "Veryfing 390.PBP".
If the 390.PBP is being downloaded bia wifi, press those buttons at the end of download until
you see the previous sentence.
[/blockquote2]In case you're wondering, the previously released 3.80 M33 popsloader does work with 3.90 M33. However you cannot run the 3.80 pops with it.

Download PSP Custom Firmware 3.90 M33

Dark-AleX - PSP Developer
[Dark_AleX]

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
so if im updating via wifi do i need to put the update folder into psp/game?

No, you can update directly through Network Update. When you launch the installer, it will ask if you want to download the 390.PBP or not.

pspknightx

DA sure is fast :biggrin:

Chilly Willy

Contributor
One issue on this new version - don't rename GAME380 to GAME390, D_A forgot to rename the directory in the firmware patch, so it's still looking for homebrew in GAME380.

pspknightx

IRSHELL 3.90 doesnt work with 3.90m33, same with IRSHELL 3.81.
Too bad...

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
I'm not going to update my fw(since AhMan droped IRSHELL and he's not releasing the source code)

Acerthief

can you install it on a psp slim using OF 3.80? please help!!!

You'll need to use the Universal Unbricker/Installer. Check it out in the FAQ Section.

Wow, 3.90 just out, and DAX already converted. Way to go!

Acerthief

does it work on psp slim running OF 3.80?

It's "Universal", of course. Or else I wouldn't tell you to use it now, would I?

But you'll need a custom firmware PSP to install and convert the things for you.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
and if it does, can someone give me easier instructions(if possible) on how to get it to work

The guide is available here:
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780

Like Acer said, you will need someone else with a PSP running custom firmware to convert the battery and install the memory stick files for you. There's no way to get on custom firmware with just a PSP running 3.80.

Doubleagent74

In case you're wondering, the previously released 3.80 M33 popsloader does work with 3.90 M33. However you cannot run the 3.80 pops with it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "3.80 pops." Are you talking about saved games created under 3.80 or something else?

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
He means you cannot run 3.80 firmware pops (psx emulator) on this firmware, BUT you can run the other firmwares.