• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 3.90 M33

Doubleagent74

:confused1:

Let me put this another way: right now, I'm running 3.80 M33-5. If I upgrade to 3.90 M33, will I be able to run PS1 games without doing anything extra?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
:confused1:

Let me put this another way: right now, I'm running 3.80 M33-5. If I upgrade to 3.90 M33, will I be able to run PS1 games without doing anything extra?

Yes, you can. 3.90 M33 includes the 3.90 pops built-in. With each firmware update, Sony usually updates the emulator.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
What happens if I have a custom XMB (a 3.80m33 version)... it wouldn't work anymore correct?

Maybe, because 3.90 is similar to 3.80. You'll just have to try it. Remember to backup theme files before replacing anything though.

Jack

since 3.8~3.9
Iso files can not use Chinese names: Start time will be a blank screen freeze.

Richlando

Well,390 fixed Valkyrie Profile Lenneth for me.380 had broken it..the game would crash when accessing certain menu screens but now all it does it turn off the audio until you enter a stage, battle or cutscene.I can live with that..

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
There's alot of bugs w/ 3.90 M33 so i suggest staying in 3.80 M33-5 unless you really want skype...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Does 3.90M33 and up (if any in the future) still support the Multidisc Eboots, that are converted using popsloader_md

Yes it does.

Acerthief

hi .ia have fat psp with 3.90 Can i have 3.90 m33 what can i do ? thx

You'll need to use an Universal Unbricker in order to go from 3.90 to 3.80M33-5, then 3.90M33.

You can check out the guide to make an Universal Unbricker. Note though you still need a custom firmware PSP to make them.

bigjim

is there anyway i can get custom firmware without a custom psp. i have a 3.90 and would like to get homebrew gear without probs

joeey2k

those this work if you have 3.80 firm ware that came with the psp Y/N please help me out with some inf. thank you

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
those this work if you have 3.80 firm ware that came with the psp Y/N please help me out with some inf. thank you

No it does not. You need to be running at 3.52 M33-3 or above to install 3.90 M33.