• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 3.90 M33

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
where online???

I can't help you there. Like I said - they are illegal to share. If you know someone with CFW on their PSP you can get the magic memory stick files from them as well.

@chris: Download link is in the article...

Jupitereclipse

Do i need CFW to run pandora because i have it downloaded to my psp but it says it cant strat the game when i try to initate it

Do i need CFW for it???

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Do i need CFW to run pandora because i have it downloaded to my psp but it says it cant strat the game when i try to initate it

Do i need CFW for it???

Yes... I just told you that in my previous post.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Wildlife78

im using a 3.52 m33-4 fat psp. When i tried to update my psp, the program starts this way.

[Unpacking... Done
Please wait]

I waited until the cow came home and the updater still don't update. What am i doing wrong?

EDIT:
forget my previous post, was able to rectify the problem my simply changing my kernal to 3.52. hehe :)

(Acerthief: Please don't double post next time, Thanks!!:D)

Jay08

Hi,

I'm new here and I don't know jack about 3.90GB or 390.PBP so I really need some HELP lol I was told bye a friend of my 2 years ago that its better if I get a PSP that has a "Custom Firmware"
QUESTION: What is a CUSTOM FIRMWARE and how do I get it? I don't have a psp YET but I'm plan on getting one next week so I need information as soon as possible please and thank you...Ooh my name is Jovan. ^_^

Jbone

Hi,

I have a fat psp with 1.5 on it and im running Devhook i am ver unfimiliar with the custom firmware stuff and i ahve a few questions i was hoping someone could help me out with

1. will i stil be able to run all the ninendo emulators?

2. does the custom firmware operate similar to devhook?

3. can some one please help me with what i need to do to get my psp up to 3.8 so i can install the custom 3.90

Acerthief

Hi,

I have a fat psp with 1.5 on it and im running Devhook i am ver unfimiliar with the custom firmware stuff and i ahve a few questions i was hoping someone could help me out with

1. will i stil be able to run all the ninendo emulators?

2. does the custom firmware operate similar to devhook?

3. can some one please help me with what i need to do to get my psp up to 3.8 so i can install the custom 3.90

1. Any custom firmware can run emulators. :D

2.Yup, and even better, you don't have to spend so much time on turning on devhook!

3.To get to 3.90M33, you need to upgrade to 3.52M33 first, apply the 3.52M33-4 Patch, then you may install 3.90M33, with the 3.90M33-2 Patch and the 1.5 Kernel Add-on. Remember to put the 150.PBP at the root of the memory stick when you apply the 1.5 kernel.

pitman

hi everyone. im new to the world of psp. my gf just gave me a psp slim with 3.80 M33-5 system software. do i need to upgrade to 3.90 M33? can i directly upgrade or do i need to downgrade first? what if i did something wrong would the psp be bricked? if yes can i unbrick it again? sorry for the questions and i now those are newbie questions and im sorry for that. im just very excited and interested on my psp. thanks in advance for those who would help me =)

ldl_lionel_92

<p>Hey, I have researched a fair bit about all this hacking stuff for psp, and I have the following problem:</p>
<p>I have a psp slim, pandora battery, and magic memory stick. I have just updated to CFW 3.8 M33-5, but I cannot load anything??? No matter what I put inside the X:/PSP/GAME/ folder, nothing appears?</p>
<p>I want to upgrade to 3.9 M33, and I have the files required, but it doesn't recognise them.</p>
<p>I tried to put them in the recovery folder, and load the eboot through recovery mode, but it comes up "Error ......" (forget what numbers).</p>
<p>I want to be able to hack my psp completely, but even when i convert back to 3.8, 3.8 M33-5, nothing is recognised???</p>
<p>ANY help would be appreciated.</p>

sliver

sliver's in da house....!!!
psplogo4.jpg

Talk about quick! Homebrew developer Dark_AleX has now released PSP custom firmware 3.90 M33. The firmware update can be applied either directly via Network Update, or by following the manual instructions below.[blockquote2]Instructions

- Copy the UPDATE folder into /PSP/GAME/
- Get the 3.90 sony update from somewhere, and put it in same folder, with name "390.PBP".
Alternatively, you can let the installer to download for you via wifi.
- Run it, the update will be done by Sony updater. At the end when you are asked to reboot the
PSP pressing X or O, do it.

Changes:

- 3.80 -> 3.90
- March33 NO UMD: fixed (yet another) bug related with exiting with home. (infinite semaphore wait)

Changes in updater:

- The degeneration check and correction of IDS keys happens too in 3.71 now.
- Added code to download 3.90 PBP from net via wifi.
Note that his code is not yet 100% stable, it may crash when selecting AP. In that case,
reinit the installer.
- L+triangle has been restored as method to bypass battery.
If you already have 390.PBP keep those buttons pressed until you see "Veryfing 390.PBP".
If the 390.PBP is being downloaded bia wifi, press those buttons at the end of download until
you see the previous sentence.
[/blockquote2]In case you're wondering, the previously released 3.80 M33 popsloader does work with 3.90 M33. However you cannot run the 3.80 pops with it.

Download PSP Custom Firmware 3.90 M33

Dark-AleX - PSP Developer
[Dark_AleX]

Hi Dark-AleX,
Please help me... After I've upgraded my PSP to Version 3.90 via PSP WiFi, my PSP no longer can play those ISO/CSO games from the MagicStick. I saw from other threads that we'll be able to see a 'Recovery Menu' when we boot PSP by pressing R button but mine doesn't show anything... :( How do I solve this problem? Please advise me and thanks much!

sliver

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi Dark-AleX,
Please help me... After I've upgraded my PSP to Version 3.90 via PSP WiFi, my PSP no longer can play those ISO/CSO games from the MagicStick. I saw from other threads that we'll be able to see a 'Recovery Menu' when we boot PSP by pressing R button but mine doesn't show anything... :( How do I solve this problem? Please advise me and thanks much!

sliver

Press select while in the XMB and try changing the UMD ISO Mode to Sony NP9660. This usually fixes any game loading problems.

farih

psplogo4.jpg

Talk about quick! Homebrew developer Dark_AleX has now released PSP custom firmware 3.90 M33. The firmware update can be applied either directly via Network Update, or by following the manual instructions below.[blockquote2]Instructions

- Copy the UPDATE folder into /PSP/GAME/
- Get the 3.90 sony update from somewhere, and put it in same folder, with name "390.PBP".
Alternatively, you can let the installer to download for you via wifi.
- Run it, the update will be done by Sony updater. At the end when you are asked to reboot the
PSP pressing X or O, do it.

Changes:

- 3.80 -> 3.90
- March33 NO UMD: fixed (yet another) bug related with exiting with home. (infinite semaphore wait)

Changes in updater:

- The degeneration check and correction of IDS keys happens too in 3.71 now.
- Added code to download 3.90 PBP from net via wifi.
Note that his code is not yet 100% stable, it may crash when selecting AP. In that case,
reinit the installer.
- L+triangle has been restored as method to bypass battery.
If you already have 390.PBP keep those buttons pressed until you see "Veryfing 390.PBP".
If the 390.PBP is being downloaded bia wifi, press those buttons at the end of download until
you see the previous sentence.
[/blockquote2]In case you're wondering, the previously released 3.80 M33 popsloader does work with 3.90 M33. However you cannot run the 3.80 pops with it.

Download PSP Custom Firmware 3.90 M33

Dark-AleX - PSP Developer
[Dark_AleX]
bro x3sphere,
can u tell me to get popsloader runs in 3.90 m33-3, im new and just upgrade 3.71 m33 to 3.90 m33-3 hopefully most of psx games can run in my new cfw...
billion thanks...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
bro x3sphere,
can u tell me to get popsloader runs in 3.90 m33-3, im new and just upgrade 3.71 m33 to 3.90 m33-3 hopefully most of psx games can run in my new cfw...
billion thanks...

There is a guide available here on how to get popsloader working.

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=5531

If you have any questions in regards to converting PSone games to PSP format then I'd also recommend checking out this guide as well:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=2047

sunny291

<p>hello, i ve got a psp slim with offical fw 3.90 ,and
wanna convert to 3.90 m33,should i downgrade to some thin like 3.71 m33 or can i change straight away to 3.90m33 using pandora mms and battery with out downgrading.</p>

Richlando

As long as you have a Pandora battery and a magic memory stick set up for downgrading to 390M33-3 via DC5 then yes..

silverwootz

<p>I have a fat PSP I think and I am using official firmware 3.80 I want to get 3.90 custom firmware on it but it always says game could not be run</p>