• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 4.01 M33

europool

I'm trying to update my psp to 4.01, i currently have version 3.95 on my psp. I did every step, and when i try to install custom firmware 4.01 M33 *i put it in the right directory just like instructed* i get an error that says THE GAME COULD NOT BE STARTED. (80020148)
Any Help, Thanks in advance, europool.

Celsius_ZX

It would be maybe because you have an official Firmware from sony, you have to get a mag mem stick and a pandora battery to upgrade :p

Aaksyl

PSOne game working in 3.71-M33 and not in 4.01 ?

Upgraded from 3.71 to 4.01-2. PSOne game previously working fine, now nothing (PSP hang-up). Any idea?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Well Sony makes changes to the PSOne emulator with each new firmware release and they end up breaking compatibility with certain games at times. That's probably why your game stopped working after the upgrade.

parasnarvekar

<p>HEEEEEELLLPPPP!!1 i got a PSP yest... i read the instructions on this blog and downloaded the 4.01 official and 4.01 M33... but the m33 just doesnt work!! Error : "The game could not be started (80020148)".... Can someone please guide me thru the entire process!!! plZZZZZZZZ m desperate!!!</p>

gaspar

<p>HEEEEEELLLPPPP!!1 i got a PSP yest... i read the instructions on this blog and downloaded the 4.01 official and 4.01 M33... but the m33 just doesnt work!! Error : "The game could not be started (80020148)".... Can someone please guide me thru the entire process!!! plZZZZZZZZ m desperate!!!</p>

This only work in CFW 3.52 m33-3 or higher.
If you are in CFW 3.52 m33-3 or higher M33 Recovery -> Configuration -> Game folder homebrew to 3.XX/4.XX or format the memory stick or download again the 4.01 official and the 4.01 m33.

faiz

<p>my psp is in official firmware..
so what should i do to make it homebrew enable??
plz help me fast!!
i have no umd..i cant play games for now..</p>

gaspar

<p>my psp is in official firmware..
so what should i do to make it homebrew enable??
plz help me fast!!
i have no umd..i cant play games for now..</p>

<p>thanks gaspar... but i donno think i have a cfw and neither do i know how to get it!! help again!!</p>

To be in CFW must use this Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 4.01 M33-2 on a PSP already in CFW 3.XX/4.XX is the link http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780#post46257
or
use this TotalNewbieInstaller that runs on your PC, this only creates the Magic Memory Stick then have to buy a Pandora's battery is the link to download http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GVZI5NE4

raul

<p>ya hi, i dont have the other firmware dowloads form before can i download this new one without problems or must i dowload the older firmwares?</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
<p>ya hi, i dont have the other firmware dowloads form before can i download this new one without problems or must i dowload the older firmwares?</p>

Depends what firmware you're currently running. If 3.52 M33-3 or higher, no.

uhhh

<p>okay so i just bought a psp
aand i was checking out all these "cutsom firmware" things out
and yeah i realize i need a pandoras battery
and a magic stick haha
but what i would like to know iss
is it possible like 100% possible to upgrade
to custom firm ware from 4.01
just by getting a P battery and MMS??</p>

Lokdarr

What happens if your psp is already version 4.01? Mine is and I can't seem to get 4.01m33 to install. What can I do? Is a newer one in the making? PSP now has version 5 update.
any help would be greatly appreciated.