• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 4.01 M33

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psplogo4.jpg

Esteemed homebrew developer Dark_AleX has released PSP custom firmware 4.01 M33. In addition to minor bug fixes, this edition of the M33 firmware series of course brings 4.01 kernel support, complete with multi-language support for Recovery Mode. Instructions can be found in the included readme on how to translate the recovery text to your native language. And no, this release does not include in-XMB recovery or savestate support. As Alek noted last week, those enhancements are still planned but will likely be added in a forthcoming update.

As usual, the firmware update can be applied directly via Network Update if you are running a previous release from 3.80 M33 and onward, or by following the manual installation instructions below, provided that you have a homebrew capable PSP.[blockquote2]* Extract the archive. * Copy included UPDATE folder to X:/PSP/GAME
* Place the official firmware 4.01 update EBOOT, named as 401.PBP, in the newly created UPDATE folder
* Begin installation from the Game menu.[/blockquote2]If you require a more in-depth installation walkthrough, look here. Additionally, a 4.01 M33 specific 1.5 kernel add-on is due to be released within the next couple days, possibly tonight.

Download PSP Custom Firmware 4.01 M33

Dark-AleX - PSP Developer [Dark_AleX]

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
BTW, if anyone is wondering, a 4.01 M33 specific 1.5 kernel add-on is coming within the next couple days (possibly tonight).

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hey, does the new recovery supports unicode and right to left text? (for foreign languages)

Right to left text shouldn't be a problem but I'm not sure if Unicode is supported. Best to just try it.

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
Right to left text shouldn't be a problem but I'm not sure if Unicode is supported. Best to just try it.

I don't wanna upgrade yet.
but what I mean in RTL text is:
In English, we write from LTR, in some other languages, we write from RTL.

Is that what you also mean?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I don't wanna upgrade yet.
but what I mean in RTL text is:
In English, we write from LTR, in some other languages, we write from RTL.

Is that what you also mean?

Yeah I know what you mean. It shouldn't be a problem, Unicode support is the only thing I am unsure on.

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
Yeah I know what you mean. It shouldn't be a problem, Unicode support is the only thing I am unsure on.

ok thanks.
Can you explain me how the translator works?
(Like, opening a source file and editing, or it's a text file etc...)
Because I really don't wanna download this untill:
1. My favorite CXMB theme will be on 4.01
2. I'll insure all my homebrews from 3.90 will work with the 4.01 kernel (alot of NID changes as i've heard)
3. That's pretty much all:D

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ok thanks.
Can you explain me how the translator works?
(Like, opening a source file and editing, or it's a text file etc...)
Because I really don't wanna download this untill:
1. My favorite CXMB theme will be on 4.01
2. I'll insure all my homebrews from 3.90 will work with the 4.01 kernel (alot of NID changes as i've heard)
3. That's pretty much all:D

It's just a standard text file that you'll need to edit. Each line corresponds to one of the recovery menu items.

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
<p>2 questions:
1- Does the fatmsmod work with this CFW? (Or did Sony fixed it?)
2-Does the popsloader work?</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Using the patched fatmsmod PRX hasn't been tested, though it probably wouldn't work. As for popsloader, a new version is in the works.

Mravec000

<p>HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP</p>
<p>I just got my first psp and i updated to firmware 4.01 and when i try to install custom firmware 4.01 M33 (i put it in the right directory just like instructed) i get an error that says THE GAME COULD NOT BE STARTED. (80020148)</p>
<p>What am i doing wrong?</p>

oscare

<p>mravec, you need a homebrew compatible psp to be able to upgrade to custom firmware. you need to use pandora's battery to upgrade to 3.90 m33 and from there upgrade to 4.01 m33.</p>

Richlando

<p>Today's my daughter's birthday so that alone makes today a beautiful day,but to get a new custom firmware makes it even better! Thanks as always Alexander..you're really not just an Illusion..</p>

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
<p>
some dude who posted on maxconsole said:
i just installed 4.01 M33 & everything went smootly :D</p>
<p>but i found something new in the recovery menu-configuration & sorry if it's not new to you guys because I never checked it before. There are 2 new options under the Fake region:</p>
<p>Debug type I
Debug type II</p>
<p>D_A, what r they for?</p>
<p>Dany26
Now I'm curious. Do you know anything about this, x3?</p>

icedman204

<p>Thanks DA for the update, now leaves with this question. what is the "improvements" in video playback?</p>
<p>Furthermore can't wait for the patches as well.</p>