• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP PSP Custom Firmware 5.00 M33

january39

eXo Staff

Knyght

Sweet, thanks. Also, is there a known bug that has anything to do with Dpad malfunction? I just bought this PSP off someone, it had 3.01-OE A and I upgrade to 3.52M33-3 > 5.00M33-6 and now when I'm playing a game it constantly scrolls down. It definitely didn't have this problem on 3.01 OE A, though I didn't test on 3.52M33-3. Also, I removed the button pad and started up a game and it still scrolls down, leading me to believe it's software or hardware malfunction.

january39

eXo Staff
As mortal says build up of dust will not help, clean it all out first.

If you do need to replace you need to remove the LCD, LCD housing and then undo the ribbon and replace the Dpad board.

If you do open it be very carefull for the thin black wire, snap that and you got a whole world of pain.

innateblogger

hey m new to this psp arena and now feels to upgrade my cfw 3.90 m33-3. i have psp slim 2004.....
i really feel reluctant to install nythng in it coz of fear of being cracked....
so plzz guys suggest me wat shud i do i mean how can i upgrade my psp and will the upgrade 1 supports all my cso and iso

january39

eXo Staff
Network update to 5.00M33

Simple, no risk. Just follow the instructions as is.

innateblogger

Yaeh i've read it
its awsum information for sm1 like me
but i like if u guide me the right way as coz m unable to run mlb 09 on 3.90
dats y i need to feel upgrade.....

these are my specifications
psp slim 2004 running CFW 3.90 m33-3
plz help me to upgrade it to 5.00 m33-3 and plz provide me with the link u think suitable........

Thanx

And one thing more i've no wifi in my house

innateblogger

i've downloaded it but instruction says that i've to also include sony's original eboot.pbp
dats ok bt searching for this i found i person saying i've bricked my psp while doing so

i've the only question can bricked psp can be recovered and if so how?

I'VE NO WI-FI IN MY HOUSE BUT I'VE DOWNLOADED OFFICIAL SONY 5.00 OFW REQUIRED........
PLZZ TELL ME WILL DAT WORK WEN COMBINE WITH EBOOT.PBP IN THE UPDATE FOLDER......
AND IS IT SAFE TO UPDATE
PLZZZ M A NEWBIE PLZZ HELP

january39

eXo Staff
Put 500.PBP into update folder.

Ms0/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

I have never bricked using updater, ever

innateblogger

thanx bro
u knw wat i;ve done it but now i need ur help
plz guide me how can i install cxmb on my cfw 5.00 m33-4

Thanx a ton bro......................
ur the 1 who gave me courage to do it and finally i'm throoo wd it

january39

eXo Staff
All good, nice one. CFW is loads better.

CXMB Install guide should help you with that, Makes sure you get the latest CXMB version here ,install is the same.

january39

eXo Staff
thanx doode
m mean ur really a helpful guy
im able to solve all my problems......
m proud to be a member of this website..

No problem, glad i could help. :smile:

jinc86

Can someone please help me.
I currently have 3.52 m33-3 version and try to install to 5.00 m33.
After following all the steps, my psp just froze at the spot after i ran the updator. Here is how it looks like.
Unpacking... done.
Please wait...
What did I do wrong?

J

jx233

Go to Recovery Menu (hold R at before bootup) go to Configuration, then and change kernel to 3.52. Then run the update.