• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP PSP Go! pic...?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I think the design itself looks very nice. The determining factor to whether I buy it or not will be how comfortable it is to hold.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
When it is closed it doesn't look half bad. But when its open it looks like a 3-year old designed it. Its completly ugly, and I can't stand it one bit.
It doesn't look comfortable either.

When I first looked into this thread I thought it was another one of madsouls PSP spoofs, but after seeing it on qore I was dissapointed. If the leaked Ps3 slim photos are real, Sony has lost their special style

LocutusEstBorg

It looks based off the mockup made by Engadget. Someone probably refined it a bit and added the background. There are too many problems with it. The triggers will be difficult to continuously hold down like for boosting in Burnout.. Games that primarily use the analog will be impossible to play while holding it like that in the middle.

Adiuvo

Video works fine for me.

I really like the design. It looks expensive, which is always a good thing with high tech gadgets. Though if the back isn't curved somewhat this will probably be difficult to hold.

xploren

Contributor
Does anyone think it could be a huge fake by sony? To gather hype for E3?

That would be awesome, because both the slim PS3 and PSP Go designs are making me sick. But of course it's not true.

I don't know what Sony was thinking when they thought of this design. Everything's badly placed, with ugly circles going around everything. Though, the analog nub seems reachable, actually, because of the system's small design.

Scorned

Honestly i cant really say much about how comfortable itll be (since its not even out, i think itd be pretty dumb to assume how itd feel), but i dont mind how it looks.

Ill pick it up depending on the price most likely. And im going to take a guess at 200-300 dollars.

Slasher

Suck It
It looks based off the mockup made by Engadget. Someone probably refined it a bit and added the background. There are too many problems with it. The triggers will be difficult to continuously hold down like for boosting in Burnout.. Games that primarily use the analog will be impossible to play while holding it like that in the middle.

I don't know how you could possibly know that without first holding one yourself. It just might be surprisingly comfortable and perfectly fine.

~

My guess is that this thing will cost either the same as the PSP that is already out, or it might even cost less. I remember hearing in the rumours (which are now obviously confirmed to be the truth) that this device is going to cost less than the current PSP's.

Here it is: Mole: PSP-Go details confirmed, smaller PS3 is on the way - Ars Technica
Quote said:
The other bit of information concerns the worst-kept secret in gaming, the upcoming UMD-less PSP that should be revealed at E3. Our mole says that yes, it's the real thing, and we can expect it to be lighter than its UMD-sporting predecessor, along with lower power consumption and possibly a lower price.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
I don't know how you could possibly know that without first holding one yourself. It just might be surprisingly comfortable and perfectly fine.

~

My guess is that this thing will cost either the same as the PSP that is already out, or it might even cost less. I remember hearing in the rumours (which are now obviously confirmed to be the truth) that this device is going to cost less than the current PSP's.

I don't know too much about hardware pricing, but I'd assume that it'd be cheaper due to not having the drive anymore (although the flash memory might change things). I don't know for sure, but I'll also assume that a Bluetooth chip doesn't cost as much, especially if it's built with a combination of WiFi like the iTouch's is.

Vee

That screen has to be touch screen, right? Otherwise the whole sliding function is useless. Whilst its closed it wont be able to do anything..