• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP PSP Go! pic...?

Dan

Contributor
That screen has to be touch screen, right? Otherwise the whole sliding function is useless. [HIGHLIGHT]Whilst its closed it wont be able to do anything..[/HIGHLIGHT]

Probably just photo slideshows, music visualisation and movies.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Same here Moose... But I'll only buy it if there's a way I don't have to rebuy all my games...

Moose

Meta Moose
What I'm excited about most are the hardware specifications and homebrew capabilities (once hacked I mean). Excuse me for being lazy, but were these announced?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Nope... Just a 16GB HDD that comes with it

Dan

Contributor
Could be, according to TechRadar who seem to have quite a bit of info.

Two versions of PSP Go!

1UP's developer sources further confirmed "that this redesign will be available in two SKUs, with either eight or 16 GB of built-in flash memory" and that "the system is set for release in Japan this September with a US debut coming in either late October or early November."

The report also speculates that they "wouldn't be surprised to see Sony borrow many design features from their Mylo 2 handheld Internet device….[which] could provide an 800x480 pixel touchscreen for the system, as well as a camera on the system's backside."

Most interestingly, for gamers at least, 1-Up claims that the mythical and 'long in development hell' Gran Turismo Mobile will be one of the premier launch titles for the new PSP Go! later this very year.

Rumour round-up: Sony's touchscreen UMD-free PSP Go! | News | TechRadar UK

FranzH

For the Helghast!

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
I doubt i'll buy one. I'm still more interested in all the different color schemes for the psp-1000 and psp-2000. And i still need to buy a 2000 model

HEN-A

Contributer
Well If this is the future Look of the PSP then I am definitely not buying it.The overall look of where the controls were placed looks like no thought went into it.

If this really is SONYs idea of a PSP then they ultimately fail.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
you shouldn't speak until you've seen it in action... this type of hardware revisions go thru a lot of testing so let's hope they did some good testing

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Specs via Engadget:

Engadget said:
* 3.8-inch display (resolution is undisclosed)
* 43 percent lighter than the PSP-3000
* 16GB of Flash storage
* Bluetooth built-in; supports handset tethering and BT headsets
* No UMD drive
* Memory Stick Micro slot
* New Gran Turismo, Little Big Planet and new Metal Gear Solid (!) on the way
* Full PlayStation Network support (movie and TV rentals / purchases)
* Integration with PlayStation 3 (works the same as the PSP-3000 does)
* Sony views each of its products as "10-year lifecycle products," so the PSP "needs to live on."

Vee

So no touch screen?

I will only buy this, if Sony make a publically available SDK and the PSP PStore turns into a iPhone App Store.

I'm not going to get this to play a shitty version of Gran Tourismo, when the full version will be on the PS3 at the same time.

eldiablov

Contributor
Yeah, they definitely need to bring out an SDK. To not do so would be stupid. It would really push their online device.

Dan

Contributor
Wouldn't it be awesome if it was open sourced like the Open Pandora Gaming System..

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
We'll see that in a few days at E3